Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

26 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Had a look at the betting and managers out there.

Potter will be the number one target, and we’ll throw the kitchen sink at it but he probably won’t want it. They’ll flirt with Poch but it’ll be a no go. They’ll sound out Mancini and see where he’s at with Italy. Then they’ll probably end up having to pick between free agents Marco Rose, Dyche, Villas-Boas, De Zerbi, Marcelino who are all good but not perfect, so it’s choosing your fighter really and what they want from a next manager. 

Then there Hjulmand who’s with Denmark, but you’d think not with the World Cup coming up. 

I honestly don't think they will even consider someone who is currently employed.

Anyone saying they don’t want Dyche because he’s a step backwards - true, but we’re trying to make sure we don’t take five steps backwards here.

You have to consider the situation, and to me he feels like the right man for it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Anyone saying they don’t want Dyche because he’s a step backwards - true, but we’re trying to make sure we don’t take five steps backwards here.

You have to consider the situation, and to me he feels like the right man for it.

That's my view as well.

In normal circumstances, i wouldn't want to countenance a manager like Dyche because you know the ceiling of the club is likely pretty limited under someone like him, however given the situation we're in now, the absolute #1 priority is to stay in the league. To stay in the league, we need a manager who can sort the defensive structure of the team out first and foremost. There is enough talent further up the pitch to suggest that if we can become a more solid defensive unit that we'll start picking up points. 

Edited by martyn

Based on it looking like we will almost certainly get someone out of work it's got to be worth giving Allardyce a call over Sean Dyche as we will need a couple of signings in Jan. We just need someone to come in until the end of the year offer them a big bonus for keeping us up and then reevaluate things at the end of the season. I would put much more trust in Allardyce finding us a RW, CB and possible new GK if Iversen doesn't work out in Jan that suit the style we hope to play going forward than Dyche. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Not going to take credit for this but seen someone refer to Dyche like this.

"Under strengths, you've put Lives in Kettering" 

download (1).jpeg

I'd have put that under weaknesses, but strengths is alright. 

• Haha 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I Hope it's Marco Rose. It'll probably be Benitez, Big Sam, Dyche, etc

I would hope for Marco Rose but just can't see it. Benitez has a bit of a reputation as not being the best man manager. We need a few signings in Jan and Dyche would probably get us the complete wrong type of players which leaves Big Sam. He would probably be okay with a short term contract until the end of the season too whereas I think Dyche would want a long term deal

For me it looks that for what ever reason the players have stopped playing for BR and repeating platitudes does not help . I just cannot see us getting anything against Villa so as I have said before that will be last game. As for his replacement it is going to have to be someone who has a proven record of operating with a very tight budget but who can also get the best out of some very good players. I reluctantly go for Sean Dyche. 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

You could flip a coin on how that would play out. It would either be a roaring success or a complete disaster. 

True I'm guessing the latter but be exciting, would also give them a kick up the bum they need. His managerial record wasn't too bad either. 

On 20/08/2022 at 18:30, bald reynard said:

Thomas Frank.

He's done / doing an amazing job at Brentford. I think he could be persuaded to leave them for us.

Brentford's setup is quite apart from other clubs and I think Frank works well in that environment. Not sure we have the right setup for him at this time. He's got an excellent track record of developing young players at Brøndby, Brentford and with the Danish youth national teams though, so for this aspect, he'd be great.

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

Potter will be the number one target, and we’ll throw the kitchen sink at it but he probably won’t want it. They’ll flirt with Poch but it’ll be a no go. They’ll sound out Mancini and see where he’s at with Italy. Then they’ll probably end up having to pick between free agents Marco Rose, Dyche, Villas-Boas, De Zerbi, Marcelino who are all good but not perfect, so it’s choosing your fighter really and what they want from a next manager. 

Then there Hjulmand who’s with Denmark, but you’d think not with the World Cup coming up. 

Potter is an obvious candidate, but I doubt he'd leave before summer.

Hjulmand would be an interesting option, but as you say will not leave before the World Cup for sure.

What about Villas-Boas? He seems to have done since leaving England.
Other fancy names like Prandelli, Hoeness or even Petkovic are available too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Bielsa - Would make the defence more of a unit quickly but i hardly a long term appointment at 67
Pochettino - Obvious top choice, but would be expensive and might not even want to join right now. would also need money to spend in January
Dyche - Did a cracking job with Burnley and i think he could do a decent job here too. Not sure i see him as the type of manager to rebuild the squad and take us back to europe but i wouldnt mind seeing him here
Emma hayes, Yes really. has done well in the womens games but would be a gamble, she would have as much of a point to prove as anyone though. 

The positive thing about Bielsa is he wouldn't complain about being unable to make big signings - he'd get on with what we've got. Not someone for the long term is he though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Still am, highly rate Bonner in the job he’s done there, high rate him relative to his current level that is, big gamble for the premier league but given the job he’s done he deserves a crack at a bigger club than Cambridge, I think he will definitely get a shot at one soon! 

He certainly does.

Sure a Championship club will come knocking soon.

• Like 1

Anyone who can play the players in their natural positions, not a make shift defence written on a post-it note 20 minutes before kick off.........  need some fight and steel put back into the spine of the team. Lets be realistic no top manager will come to a team with no money, bottom of the league, 

I don’t trust that the board will get this right, their dithering over the current manager who is taking us down only confirms to me they don’t really know what’s good for the club right now and complacency has been obvious for while. Big Sam and Ince, ooff maybe a slide down the leagues is on the cards. 

6 minutes ago, Daveb5569 said:

Anyone who can play the players in their natural positions, not a make shift defence written on a post-it note 20 minutes before kick off.........  need some fight and steel put back into the spine of the team. Lets be realistic no top manager will come to a team with no money, bottom of the league, 

'Natural position' is a bit of an outdated term in my view, as players need to be adaptable in flexible formations. 

Apart from Ndidi playing as 'makeshift centerback', you could easily argue everyone else was in their preferred position.

He did set us up to be very unbalanced against Brighton and trusting Soumaré to be the defensive anchor in midfield is totally bizarre given his performances for us, so I think you are correct that Rodgers is not setting us up well tactically.

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Sounds very realistic !

17 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

I don’t trust that the board will get this right, their dithering over the current manager who is taking us down only confirms to me they don’t really know what’s good for the club right now and complacency has been obvious for while. Big Sam and Ince, ooff maybe a slide down the leagues is on the cards. 

Seems a number of us are coming to that conclusion...sadly

4 minutes ago, itude said:

Sounds very realistic !