Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

I was looking to see whether we would potentially be aware of Marco Rose having scouted Parson Daka but not sure how long we scouted him. Might not be a complete mystery to the hierarchy. 

Then I thought why not just look at Salzburg's current manager, Matthias Jaissle. The red bull teams usually have decent track record of managers lol

Marco Rose would be a great long term option, we're only 6 games in and just because Bodgers has dragged us down into the gutter doesnt mean with a clear game plan and good management we cant rocket back up the league. If he's given Saturday and booted by Spurs then a caretaker to get us to the break any new manager would have a couple of weeks to get his game plan across and pick the lads up before Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves. Possible 15 points there, suddenly things look better going into the World Cup.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I actually think Dyche would get us out the shit.I also think he’d give them a bollocking and not blow hot air up their arses.

Not sure we need the latter in the immediate term. The team's ****ed for confidence as it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

All of his best players get picked off regularly and he just seems to get on with it. Someone who can deal with the likes of Maddison etc going in the summer and not moan is probably what we need

Can’t help thinking that if we don’t find a better replacement than this, there  will be a lot more than Madders departing in the summer.  😞

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't have the stats to back this up but is Dyche being the master of defending a bit of a myth? I remember Burnley being quite poor for large parts. Maybe they looked better at defending because they had to do so much of it because they never had the ball. 

They both scored and conceded more than you'd expect. When you look at how poor their squad actually was i's a wonder they stayed up too long. Hendrick, Brownhill, McNeil, Bardsley etc are cloggers.

Guest StevieLynex
44 minutes ago, RichmondAsianElephant said:

We should not appoint anyone that has failed in the premier league in the past.

We need someone that has succeeded,

So that means we get Pep with Klopp as  his assistant 

Edited by StevieLynex

I'd happily take Dyche if he was up for a short-term contract until the summer and then reassess.

He did good things with Burnley despite limited resources, and probably would've kept them up last season.

He's not the type to take us back into top-6 territory regularly, I don't think, but he'd certainly get the club all pulling in the same direction again which is what we so desperately need. You know exactly what you're getting from him, so whilst it would perhaps be a step down in quality it would be a step up in consistency, which I think is where we need to position ourselves to stop the rot from setting in further. He'd keep things simple as well, so if we did want to go back to a more 'flair' type appointment we'd have a better foundation for it rather than a manager coming in right now and trying to impose a new and unfamiliar way of playing on a team which is already looking confused and bewildered.

Like I say, I don't think he'd be the right manager to take us back to the promised-land of top-6 finishes and the CL but I'd feel a lot more comfortable about the stability of the club, which I think is what we need after the last 18+ months of Rodgers' tenure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Kjetil Knutsen is another to throw into the mix 

Do you mean you think he should be considered, or that we are likely to consider him? I'll be honest, I didn't know much about him at all, but he sounds like he has all the qualities we need (attack minded, gegenpressing, likes creating overloads on the wings, focus on instilling mental toughness in his players).

https://www.foottheball.com/manager-in-focus/kjetil-knutsen-news-fk-bodo-glimt-job-coach-playing-style-tactics-prospects-career/

My only concern with him would be that he's only ever managed in Norway.

3 hours ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Marco Rose would be a great long term option, we're only 6 games in and just because Bodgers has dragged us down into the gutter doesnt mean with a clear game plan and good management we cant rocket back up the league. If he's given Saturday and booted by Spurs then a caretaker to get us to the break any new manager would have a couple of weeks to get his game plan across and pick the lads up before Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves. Possible 15 points there, suddenly things look better going into the World Cup.

The timing laid out in this is good to keep in mind

A) Rodgers doesn’t have to go now, but I sure hope the club is lining his replacement up. It needs to be done before the international break.

B) The November World Cup would really allow a manager to work on the training pitch with the squad more than they usually would during a season. We can be bold with this appointment 

Just someone who keeps us up. The next couple of seasons are going to be grim, grim, grim.

We need to survive and reorientate ourselves around the academy.

We need a manager who knows our budget is limited and will nurture youth. 

I’m not sure we’ll immediately find that manager—but it’s the only way forwards.

• Like 2