Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m still not 100% sure about Dyche but him just getting the players out there to run is a necessity.

Rodgers is clearly a ticking time bomb but actually getting annoyed/starting to strongly dislike some of the players too.

Just want to see some passion on the pitch/sidelines again.

I think dyche could give all the players a clean slate and get some order 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

The truth is we only have the evidence of Dyche's long tenure at Burnley to judge him by. He did what he did there with the constraints he had playing staff and finances wise. To a large degree, from the outside therefore, he for the most part did extremely well with what he'd got over a long period of time. It doesn't mean that he is unable to use tactics that are different if he knows that he has the players to carry them out. That of course is the unknown quantity but we do know that he has the ability to get players to fight for him.

When you mention a step down in quality however, in Rodgers we can see that just because you've managed clubs with big names like Liverpool and Celtic, it doesn't necessarily equal quality. I would suggest that Dyche or any half decent manager could have achieved what Rodgers did at Celtic, such was their dominance at that time. I do think by all accounts his tenure there too was coming to a natural end. 

With certain foreign coaches that arrive to manage in the Premiership, there's always been an element of risk, like players,  for a variety of reasons. There are many examples however of them doing a brilliant job. 

If it was Dyche you do know a little bit about what you're getting. As a player it may be entirely different. If you heard Mancini was coming for example I'm sure there would be an air of excited expectation as he'd command respect initially because of who he is. Dyche would probably have to win them over but probably that's one of his great strengths. I'd give either a fair chance in equal measure, I certainly wouldn't write Dyche off because from the outside he isn't fashionable. 

You know reading this you may be right he’s a great shoe string manager who knows how to get players playing together his Burnley side were no slouches until his sacking which many were dismayed at, I’d take him til summer and review I really think he’d come in and sort our shocking low morale out we have a griloup of players who have won an FA cup got us to CL highs and a team who could beat anyone on their day so yes Dyche is a yes for me unless Pep or Klopp want to take on a Challenge and a half !

We just need to have the little Snot Goblin removed first and Foremost ! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ricey said:

Having him as an interim would decrease the chances of him getting a reaction from the squad. Interims are always going to struggle to adopt new tactical ways when the players know they likely won't be there very long. Interims are only worth it if all they need to bring is some motivation, but I'd argue the players are still giving their all on the whole.

Dyche will struggle enough to play his way with this squad, having him as a clear short-term fix will just make that worse. We have to think more longer term to enable the squad and the fans to really buy into what the new manager is doing and therefore create some long lasting positivity and energy.

We dont have that luxury, with no disrespect meant, your talking like we are Mid Table with no worries, we are in a transition period, moneys tite, and we have to go back to buying more with less, and trying to do so whilst staying in the Prem; Dyche is a proven manager with the restrictions we now have, besides whose to say he couldn't get a decent tune out of our current squad, I think some of them may benefit from his direct no nonsense attitude and approach!

6 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Right now I would take Sean Dyche.  Live local to Leicestershire so would be settled with family life already.

Change. Fight. Voice of grit. Passion and frankly would play a more direct, attacking less possession style of football. 

fixed it for you :D

• Like 1

Would love to see Shakey return as number 2, I think we have missed him not being round the club. Dean Smith doing okay with Norwich at present, yep got relegated last year but with the squad he had little he could do turn that lot round. Honestly can Deano do any worse? Dean Smith and Shakey an option worth considering?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

You know reading this you may be right he’s a great shoe string manager who knows how to get players playing together his Burnley side were no slouches until his sacking which many were dismayed at, I’d take him til summer and review I really think he’d come in and sort our shocking low morale out we have a griloup of players who have won an FA cup got us to CL highs and a team who could beat anyone on their day so yes Dyche is a yes for me unless Pep or Klopp want to take on a Challenge and a half !

We just need to have the little Snot Goblin removed first and Foremost ! 

I'd prefer Rose, but Dyche would be good as well.  A compact 4-4-1-1 that prevents shots in the box is perfect for the mess in goal right now, and a counter-attack going forward that would suit a side desperately lacking in wingers.  It would bring out the best in Cags, Soumare and the Daka/Vardy/Kel troika.

42 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would love to see Shakey return as number 2, I think we have missed him not being round the club. Dean Smith doing okay with Norwich at present, yep got relegated last year but with the squad he had little he could do turn that lot round. Honestly can Deano do any worse? Dean Smith and Shakey an option worth considering?

Glad you're not on the board.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vazman said:

We dont have that luxury, with no disrespect meant, your talking like we are Mid Table with no worries, we are in a transition period, moneys tite, and we have to go back to buying more with less, and trying to do so whilst staying in the Prem; Dyche is a proven manager with the restrictions we now have, besides whose to say he couldn't get a decent tune out of our current squad, I think some of them may benefit from his direct no nonsense attitude and approach!

I think his way would fall flat with a lot of our players unfortunately, in terms of tactics and man management. We don’t have the players to play the only way he’s ever played and I’m not sure he’s the right man in terms of personality.

Finances being tight is for me another reason to steer clear. We have this squad for at least this season. It’s a squad built to play controlled possession football, so hiring a manager that plays a style at the other end of the spectrum, with no resources to change the squad, is a massive massive risk.

• Like 1