Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Tedesco may well be sacked from Leipzig, with Rose taking his place. So he could be a candidate for us. Rose himself is also one if the board could get it done fast enough (so that's a no then!).

Given our financial situation it's hard to see past Dyche. I would expect him to be given a Moyes style shorter term contract to see what he can do. I'm far from his biggest fan, but getting Burnley into Europe means he deserves a better opportunity somewhere else. He's more qualified for example than Lampard and Gerrard who got much better jobs. Yes it all went sour in the end, but that's pretty much what's going on here too. In fact throughout football history there are few managers that don't leave without getting sacked. Even Arsene Wenger left in a bad way despite the legendary job he did for Arsenal. MON was the last time a manager left in a positive way for us, and that's because he switched jobs!

Do you know why Tedesco is getting sacked? He's playing possession based football with very little attacking output to show for it.

Sound familiar?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

So for those like myself 50/50 on someone like Dyche. What would you think with regards to a contract until the end of the season?

The more I think about it, it’s a win win situation for both sides. Dyche comes in, if he picks us back up could secure himself a long term job with us (a team that he’s stated multiple times to be “flattered of our interest”). If he doesn’t get a job with us, his stock has risen even further and may be able to showcase that he’s not just route 1.

For us we get someone that will sort this mess out quickly, potentially see that Dyche doesn’t just play that style of football he and Burnley were known for and potentially secure our long term manager. Worse case for us, we stay up and don’t fancy Dyche then target the likes of Graham Potter or Thomas Frank in the summer?

Seems to be a pantomine villain and being a bit older i value the fact he would give 100%.and as already stated he would be flattered to be here and for me having a manager honoured to be here is a major + rather than someone who thinks we are lucky to have him. Dyche may or may not get the job and on a short term deal there are a lot worse shouts. Poverty Burnley and Poverty Leicester are very different beasts. Dyche at Burnley was chuffed to get a £10 million Training complex ours it 10 x that cost and supposedly on a par with anything in the world yet fitness and stamina does not seem to have improved and injuries went through the roof last season. The guy kept Burnley up with a fraction of what we have here and used what assets they had. With far more quality at his disposal he gets the chance to show he can adapt. Only has to be short term or rolling contract based on performance. Far less of an unknown quantity in the division than some names mentioned and for all the knockers how would Pep have coped if he was managing Burnley

• Like 3

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

Seems to be a pantomine villain and being a bit older i value the fact he would give 100%.and as already stated he would be flattered to be here and for me having a manager honoured to be here is a major + rather than someone who thinks we are lucky to have him. Dyche may or may not get the job and on a short term deal there are a lot worse shouts. Poverty Burnley and Poverty Leicester are very different beasts. Dyche at Burnley was chuffed to get a £10 million Training complex ours it 10 x that cost and supposedly on a par with anything in the world yet fitness and stamina does not seem to have improved and injuries went through the roof last season. The guy kept Burnley up with a fraction of what we have here and used what assets they had. With far more quality at his disposal he gets the chance to show he can adapt. Only has to be short term or rolling contract based on performance. Far less of an unknown quantity in the division than some names mentioned and for all the knockers how would Pep have coped if he was managing Burnley

Honestly I think a short term contract for us and him could be a huge win all around and who knows what it may lead to.

Just now, shiv said:

Aside from Dortmund his teams defended relatively well. I know Salzburg dominated in Austria but he averaged less than a goal a game. Also an ex defender so have no doubt he will improve us defensively. 

0.77 goals a game at Salzburg 

1.39 at Gladbach 

His first season at Gladbach was alright, conceding 40 in 34

Second season they conceded 56 in 34

Dortmund, 52 in 34

He's a talented coach but coming in midseason with an already porous defence - I think it could backfire. He'd definitely het more out of our attack but we need a holistic improvement.

Other managers GA per game at their current clubs:

Jaissle 0.8

Fischer 1.28

Haise 1.38

Frank 1.19

Dyche (Burnley)  1.27

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

1.39 at Gladbach 

Dortmund, 52 in 34

He's a talented coach but coming in midseason with an already porous defence - I think it could backfire. He'd definitely het more out of our attack but we need a holistic improvement.

Jaissle 0.8

Fischer 1.28

Haise 1.38

Frank 1.19

Dyche (Burnley)  1.27

Not awful if you score goals but I take your point. We have averaged 1.31 prior to this season but still managed top 8 finishes.

For me it’s about how he’d get the team playing. Feels like the next step in our playing style is pressing from the front and quicker tempo - we only really do that in the first 20-30 mins of every game and then we drop off.

• Like 1

I don't want a defensive manager, I just want a manager with th3 footballing principles the fan base can get behind but at the very least as well, be able to orchestrate a relatively stable defence. Its not one or the other, and if it is then give me attack over defence.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't want a defensive manager, I just want a manager with th3 footballing principles the fan base can get behind but at the very least as well, be able to orchestrate a relatively stable defence. Its not one or the other, and if it is then give me attack over defence.

I want a leader... who is straight with the players and the fans.  No one follows a guy who is in it for himself 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hard to beat and defensive are not the same things. Id love for us to be hard to beat, at the moment we are softer than shiiiite.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

1.39 at Gladbach 

Dortmund, 52 in 34

Jaissle 0.8

Fischer 1.28

Haise 1.38

Frank 1.19

Dyche (Burnley)  1.27

Have to agree Rose isn't a coach who going to come in and tighten us up at the back. 

3 hours ago, MadsEmil said:

Do you know why Tedesco is getting sacked? He's playing possession based football with very little attacking output to show for it.

Sound familiar?

The same thing happened to Rose. Note I didn't say I wanted either manager to take charge of us, I just pointed out that both were likely candidates. We aren't going to hire an established super manager, nor are we going to get an awesome up and comer like Amorim at Sporting. We are going to employ a manager that has had both good and bad moments in their career, just like Rodgers himself. Maybe the Salzburg coach is gettable, but that is a big risk to take.

Also have you not seen a Sean Dyche team play? Most of the times we played against Burnley they were about as anti-football as you can get. Think the last days of Craig Shakespeare levels of "entertainment." But he is still a good choice given where we are right now.

We are about to hit a massive crossroads for the club. If we survive then many players are out of contract and I'd expect the likes of Barnes and Maddison to want to leave. So we will have a Vieira at Palace situation where someone has to fully rebuild the team for a new era. Vieira made it look easy, but it will be anything but. Tough job for anyone we go for! 

Time for a new cycle at the club, let's just hope it's in the Premier League. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1