Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Dyche is becoming more and more appealing to me.

Any new manager will have two key things to do.

1) keep us up this year

2) refresh the squad and keep us up next year.

sorry that isn’t glamorous but it’s true, it’s a key couple of years for the club that could go very wrong. The board are historically risk-averse and I think they will see a European name as a risk.

Enter Dyche and we all pray he only played that style at Burnley because they are Burnley.

• Like 1

I think it's worth noting that the football Burnley played towards the end of Dyche's tenure was more progressive than he's given credit for. The squad was just too gash for the most part to implement it properly, but there were flashes of some quality attacking footy when McNeil and Cornet were fit and firing. They certainly had our number down at the KP last season.

Honestly, if the other choices are an off-stock Rafa or the nuclear option of Allardyce, I'd prefer to see what Gravelthroat can do with this squad.

• Like 3

Whilst I wouldn't choose him, I do think Dyche will galvanise the supporters in the short term, create a bit of togetherness that is lacking.

I would just hope he wouldn't have too much control on our transfer and style of player. Really don't want Chris Wood on loan on January. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Whilst I wouldn't choose him, I do think Dyche will galvanise the supporters in the short term, create a bit of togetherness that is lacking.

I would just hope he wouldn't have too much control on our transfer and style of player. Really don't want Chris Wood on loan on January. 

Dyche actually recruited really well for Burnley with the budget he had. We have consistently spent more on a single player then the entire annual budget he had to work with there. 

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Also, he's very much the type of manager that would rip the paint off the walls if he wants to get a reaction from the players. I think our players need a good kick up the arse from time to time. 

At least he shows emotion, passion and drive from the touch line, unlike the present chap who just seems to write notes

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Judging by most posters here it's a choice between..... Dyche and Marco Rose 🤔

Is there no chance we can get Arne Slot or Matthias Jaissle?....due to them being under contract 

Potter, he has worked wonders and transformed a group of players into a very good side, as we discovered last Sunday 

****s sake man, people saying Dyche would be on here ripping him to shreds abd booing him at the ground when we play 442 at home to Palace with 31% possession, with some limited shit journeyman striker up front elbowing people and showing "passion". We will finish bottom half consistently and the football will be dire. Please for the love of all things sensible,  stop suggesting this dinosaur anti-football ****. We as a club are bigger than Sean goddamn Dyche.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

I think it's worth noting that the football Burnley played towards the end of Dyche's tenure was more progressive than he's given credit for. The squad was just too gash for the most part to implement it properly, but there were flashes of some quality attacking footy when McNeil and Cornet were fit and firing. They certainly had our number down at the KP last season.

Honestly, if the other choices are an off-stock Rafa or the nuclear option of Allardyce, I'd prefer to see what Gravelthroat can do with this squad.

Got to agree with that, personally I see Rafa as another imposter. 

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

****s sake man, people saying Dyche would be on here ripping him to shreds abd booing him at the ground when we play 442 at home to Palace with 31% possession, with some limited shit journeyman striker up front elbowing people and showing "passion". We will finish bottom half consistently and the football will be dire. Please for the love of all things sensible,  stop suggesting this dinosaur anti-football ****. We as a club are bigger than Sean goddamn Dyche.

I would snap your hand off to finish bottom half without relegation this season. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, shiv said:

I know Brendan has sucked all ambition from this club but Dyche, really?

Dyche obviously did well with a tight budget but that is not the calibre of manager we should be aiming for!

One summer of reduced signings shouldn’t make people think we should settle for bottom half mediocrity. The guy has a 35% win rate ffs. Don’t let one 7th place finish fool you into thinking he’s some sort of miracle manager.

The trouble we are going to have next summer is that there are a good few players who are out of contract and won't want to stick with a team destined to struggle, so I expect a fair few will leave for free.  Maddison and Barnes might be sold to fund the rebuild and Evans and Vardy will be another year older.

Make no mistake, Rodgers has not helped by not making any really quality signings during his ample time here.

All of a sudden, to navigate this tricky period, we may well have to endure some back to basics, difficult to beat type of football, with aspirations of staying in the division.  

Dyche has a proven track record in these circumstances.  The club would be mad not to try and get him.

Not sure anyone is saying Dyche is the long term solution but most think as a given he would keep us up. Maybe he has others strings to his bow and can change the style of football make it a short contract and if we are not happy we part ways but if we are still premier league come end of the season we become a better proposition. Has he ever had the quality of player to work with that we have? pretty sure Pep would struggle to get 75% possession and play teams off the park if he managed Burnley

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The trouble we are going to have next summer is that there are a good few players who are out of contract and won't want to stick with a team destined to struggle, so I expect a fair few will leave for free.  Maddison and Barnes might be sold to fund the rebuild and Evans and Vardy will be another year older.

Make no mistake, Rodgers has not helped by not making any really quality signings during his ample time here.

All of a sudden, to navigate this tricky period, we may well have to endure some back to basics, difficult to beat type of football, with aspirations of staying in the division.  

Dyche has a proven track record in these circumstances.  The club would be mad not to try and get him.

I don’t think we’re destined to struggle personally. At the end of the season we will have shaved a considerable amount off our wage bill and be in a position to sign some players.

Dyche is not the level we should be aiming for when there are plenty of reputable managers available who may consider joining us.

His proven track record is a 35% win rate which includes some Championship games and is dire. 

Edited by shiv