Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

The only thing I will say about Poch is that is we didn't think Rodgers would come here but he did. We were shocked to see a huge name like Ancelotti go to Everton. Although unlikely, stranger things has happened. People say why would he come here because we have no transfer budget. Man was working with peanuts at Spurs. Daniel Levy barely gave him a budget and Poch still got them top 4 finishes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

The only thing I will say about Poch is that is we didn't think Rodgers would come here but he did. We were shocked to see a huge name like Ancelotti go to Everton. Although unlikely, stranger things has happened. People say why would he come here because we have no transfer budget. Man was working with peanuts at Spurs. Daniel Levy barely gave him a budget and Poch still got them top 4 finishes. 

Kane gets some stick but calling him peanuts is going a bit too far,.....possibly.

• Haha 1

Potter won't leave what he's got and there's compensation. 

Ditto Frank.

Poch would be great, but unlikely. 

Rose - I'd rather he took over and had a full pre season,  I'm just not sure he's got time to adjust. 

We've got 32 games left and we won't get much change out of the top 6.

We've lost 3 already so that leaves 9 more against those which won't get us too many points realistically.

We need to get organised and start fighting. 

Forget Europe etc , we are in a massive scrap and need to preserve our hard fought top flight status. 

At this point as a short term fix , Dyche is our man.

Within our budget, knows what it takes, give him a good bonus for keeping us up , then build again with someone else when our budget changes

8 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Ditto Frank.

Rose - I'd rather he took over and had a full pre season,  I'm just not sure he's got time to adjust. 

We've lost 3 already so that leaves 9 more against those which won't get us too many points realistically.

Forget Europe etc , we are in a massive scrap and need to preserve our hard fought top flight status. 

Within our budget, knows what it takes, give him a good bonus for keeping us up , then build again with someone else when our budget changes

Can’t really argue with any of that

Just looking at the players Dyche did sign for money (granted he had a shoestring to work with over the years)

Ben Gibson 16.9m

Chris Wood 16.4m

Robbie Brady 15.1m

Andre Gray 12.4m

Jeff Hendrick 11.8m 

Josh Brownhill 10m

Jack Cork 9.1m

Steven Defour 8.6m

Those are as per transfermarket and in Euros but heading into possibly our most important transfer window (jan) since being a premier league club do we really want Dyche signing the CB, RW and possibly a Tielemans replacement in the summer that we are gambling our entire premier league future on? If a stop gap is needed to reevaluate at the end of the season then at least Big Sam has an eye for a player. The big preference would be Pochettino and if he would actually come then all bets are off get him but be careful what you wish for in Dyche.  If he does come be prepared for fans not going anymore after awhile when the games are as dull as dishwater, our full backs hardly go past the half way line, we have no flair and Vardys replacement is a Chris Wood mark 2 not Daka. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Just looking at the players Dyche did sign for money (granted he had a shoestring to work with over the years)

Ben Gibson 16.9m

Chris Wood 16.4m

Robbie Brady 15.1m

Andre Gray 12.4m

Jeff Hendrick 11.8m 

Josh Brownhill 10m

Jack Cork 9.1m

Steven Defour 8.6m

Those are as per transfermarket and in Euros but heading into possibly our most important transfer window (jan) since being a premier league club do we really want Dyche signing the CB, RW and possibly a Tielemans replacement in the summer that we are gambling our entire premier league future on? If a stop gap is needed to reevaluate at the end of the season then at least Big Sam has an eye for a player. The big preference would be Pochettino and if he would actually come then all bets are off get him but be careful what you wish for in Dyche.  If he does come be prepared for fans not going anymore after awhile when the games are as dull as dishwater, our full backs hardly go past the half way line, we have no flair and Vardys replacement is a Chris Wood mark 2 not Daka. 

Most managers ain’t actively involved in transfers. Sure he was at Burnley?

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Most managers ain’t actively involved in transfers. Sure he was at Burnley?

Ironically earlier today on a podcast he has taken a swipe at the Burnley board for not backing him in the transfer market but says they did give him full control over the team which is not the same at other clubs. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Ditto Frank.

Problem being Dyche won’t want a Big Sam/Hiddink style deal. He will want assurances of a couple of seasons would by my guess. 

To be honest as much as I don’t want Dyche I’m kind of torn on him which probably shows just how bad Brendan has become. 

On one hand the stats don’t lie, at Burnley they were a route 1 team, with them having 4 of the top 10 players who challenged Ariel battles in the league the season before he left, but something about him just tells me that it’s because of the players he had at his disposal and I think he could probably do okay with more technical players? I’m probably miles wrong but the more Brendan let’s me down the more I am considering the benefits of Dyche, I’m not sure is that’s a good thing or bad thing 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Problem being Dyche won’t want a Big Sam/Hiddink style deal. He will want assurances of a couple of seasons would by my guess. 

To be honest as much as I don’t want Dyche I’m kind of torn on him which probably shows just how bad Brendan has become. 

On one hand the stats don’t lie, at Burnley they were a route 1 team, with them having 4 of the top 10 players who challenged Ariel battles in the league the season before he left, but something about him just tells me that it’s because of the players he had at his disposal and I think he could probably do okay with more technical players? I’m probably miles wrong but the more Brendan let’s me down the more I am considering the benefits of Dyche, I’m not sure is that’s a good thing or bad thing 😂

It's things being so bad with Rodgers that is taking you over to the dark side. Dyche picked the players at his disposal and his sides are devoid of any flair. The biggest gripe of which there are many with Rodgers is he's awful in the transfer market but Dyche doesn't have an eye for the qualities we need. How is he going to find us our RW? Who would he sign to replace Tielemans. He would probably just defend so deep that Vestergaard might get a look in. The only position he may improve us is GK but we might not even need a new one if Iversen is given a chance and takes it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

I’m sure I read that poch was pushing 250k a week at psg so I’d be amazed if his wage demands dropped to anywhere near the point we’d feel he was feasible 

There aren't many teams in world football paying Rodgers what we are. He may miss the buzz and want to get back to work.

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

There aren't many teams in world football paying Rodgers what we are. He may miss the buzz and want to get back to work.

To be fair I think we’ve realised we shouldn’t be the 1s shelling out such a ridiculous sum for a manager either… especially a fraud like Brendan

12 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

It's things being so bad with Rodgers that is taking you over to the dark side. Dyche picked the players at his disposal and his sides are devoid of any flair. The biggest gripe of which there are many with Rodgers is he's awful in the transfer market but Dyche doesn't have an eye for the qualities we need. How is he going to find us our RW? Who would he sign to replace Tielemans. He would probably just defend so deep that Vestergaard might get a look in. The only position he may improve us is GK but we might not even need a new one if Iversen is given a chance and takes it.

And even though I’ve posted the polar opposite of you, somehow I completely agree with you also, Rodgers really has me confused at this point. 

Dyches record in the transfer market is pretty abysmal. A small percentage of me wonders if that’s just because of Burnley and lack of funds though. The majority of me thinks we will end up with Ashley Barnes upfront and I’ll want Dyche out after 6 months regardless m of where we are in the table. He could have us top 6 and I’d probably want him out if we played Burnley ball lol 

My top 4 are still 

Poch 

Rose 

Potter 

Villas-Boas 

2 of them hugely unlikely. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m sure I read that poch was pushing 250k a week at psg so I’d be amazed if his wage demands dropped to anywhere near the point we’d feel he was feasible 

I just hope we TRY to get him at least. The second we get rid of the midget, go for him and make sure we let him know he's number one target offer decent salary, say you can build another empire like he did at spurs, if he says no, he says no, but at least go all out for him first.

42 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Ben Gibson 16.9m

Chris Wood 16.4m

Robbie Brady 15.1m

Andre Gray 12.4m

Jeff Hendrick 11.8m 

Josh Brownhill 10m

Jack Cork 9.1m

Steven Defour 8.6m

If we hired Dyche initially on a short-term contract, till the end of the season, he wouldn't be here for next summer transfer window.  As others have said, we should revert to our model which would largely exclude him from input into transfer decisions anyway.

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

If we hired Dyche initially on a short-term contract, till the end of the season, he wouldn't be here for next summer transfer window.  As others have said, we should revert to our model which would largely exclude him from input into transfer decisions anyway.

Dyche would never agree to that. He would want a two year deal minimum. He's better than just a stopgap for someone.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Ben Gibson 16.9m

Chris Wood 16.4m

Robbie Brady 15.1m

Andre Gray 12.4m

Jeff Hendrick 11.8m 

Josh Brownhill 10m

Jack Cork 9.1m

Steven Defour 8.6m

Look wot ever it is it be better than the football we are seeing now

31 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

The thing with Poch is that he's been at a mid table prem team and did a great job, which got him the Spurs job.  He did a great job there and earned a ticket to the top table at PSG. 

Moving to Leicester would be a major backward step, he'd be staking his reputation and risking a decade of his career if things didn't go well.  The next challenge Poch is looking for is to win league titles and European trophies, not rebuild a mid table team in the hope of qualifying for Europe.  His next job will be at another top level, elite European giant, and he will be happy to bide his time to get the right one.