Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

43 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The thing with Poch is that he's been at a mid table prem team and did a great job, which got him the Spurs job.  He did a great job there and earned a ticket to the top table at PSG. 

Moving to Leicester would be a major backward step, he'd be staking his reputation and risking a decade of his career if things didn't go well.  The next challenge Poch is looking for is to win league titles and European trophies, not rebuild a mid table team in the hope of qualifying for Europe.  His next job will be at another top level, elite European giant, and he will be happy to bide his time to get the right one.

Sevilla I reckon next for Poch

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Problem being Dyche won’t want a Big Sam/Hiddink style deal. He will want assurances of a couple of seasons would by my guess. 

To be honest as much as I don’t want Dyche I’m kind of torn on him which probably shows just how bad Brendan has become. 

On one hand the stats don’t lie, at Burnley they were a route 1 team, with them having 4 of the top 10 players who challenged Ariel battles in the league the season before he left, but something about him just tells me that it’s because of the players he had at his disposal and I think he could probably do okay with more technical players? I’m probably miles wrong but the more Brendan let’s me down the more I am considering the benefits of Dyche, I’m not sure is that’s a good thing or bad thing 😂

I suppose if he's out of work atm and there's no better offers, which I doubt he'd get unless he wants to move house or travel loads.

Leicester would be a fantastic opportunity for him even if it was on the understanding of a short term deal with a big incentive to keep the club in the top flight.

He's a very likeable character imo ,who's pretty honest and is 100% behind his players.

I want someone to question decisions that go against us ,instead of just accepting them.

I want a manager that gets the players giving everything and will put an arm round them if things don't go as planned ,so they regain their confidence.

That team needs a good organiser and someone that might get some of the players that feel left out  properly back in the squad as weve got to get on with what weve got for now

I reckon he'd back himself.

• Like 2

One thing that is quite frustrating is we have 2 games before an international break, an international break is the perfect time for a new manager to come in and really have a few weeks to set out the blueprint of what he wants from the coaches and staff whilst players are away, whilst also working closely with players not on duty. The problem is the ideal time to sack BR would be NOW where the manager has a couple of weeks to properly assess the club before getting that international break. 

if we wait until the break to sack Rodgers the new man will be coming into half a squad with the main players away on duty. 

if we are going to sack and replace its NOW. Not tomorrow. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I'm not saying I want him as a manager (Celtic fans would be livid), but I just want a manager who can talk about fans and expectations like this:

Not one who just talks us down and throws players, fans, owners, under the bus. Football is about hope. I want a manager who can bring hope back to our club.

I'd honestly take him here. Just cannot believe we'll go back to Celtic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weggy1976 said:

I’m not sold on the idea we missed out on Lookman. We needed a right winger not left. 

As someone noted the other day, when Barnes is out Rodger changes the whole formation for the lack of an effective cover player on the left.  He doesn't on the right because he can play Maddison, Albrighton or Perez there.

4 hours ago, weggy1976 said:

Anyone else get the thoughts that Top is waiting for Villa to sack Gerrard as they will swoop for Rodger’s as they have money to spend. Saves us 23million. Plus we get some compensation? 

Are Villa really that stupid? Are there many chairman that would rush to sign a manager who's team are rooted to the bottom of the table and is sacked? 

We're not fooled by Rodgers whinings regarding new players albeit some of the pundits are. We shouldn't assume all chairman/businessmen are as gullible as them. One of the reasons Rodgers is smarming his way to the sack is because there's a good possibility that he won't be offered a decent job for some time. We were the best opportunity for him and he's blown it.