Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

58 minutes ago, Area88 said:

Zidane, Zidiane, Zidane.

Described as a serial winner.

always thought that he was to Real Madrid what Claudio was for Leicester, someone who made a few tweaks to a good team to bring them success. may be wrong as not overly familiar with the inner workings during his time there and the scale of success he had shows there was something more to him

How much more likely could someone like Poch be if Chelsea go for Potter? 

To me it really seems like Pochettinos options are more and more limited by the day, the sort of clubs he would be likely to go to are obviously Top 6 clubs but which of the top clubs in Europe are going to sack their manager? 

Chelsea will stick with potter for a while, 

Arsenal progressing, 

Spurs have Conte 

Ten Haag will get time at United 

Liverpool will stick with Klopp 

Bayern arent sacking 

Milan seem happy 

Madrid happy 

Barcelona happy with Xavi 

That only really leaves Juventus or Inter, neither of which seem to be considering their options at present, so does he just hold his nerve for a year? Or is his stock no longer at the level of most of those clubs? We are paying rodgers 2.5m a year more than he earned at Spurs.

1 hour ago, itude said:

Ok, Brian Clough it is then :)

Sounds good to me but could we get him? He once said that the only good thing that ever came out of Leicester was a woolly jumper 🤣. I'll forgive him though. Remember him coming to see Martin O'Neil before one of our League Cup finals. Best manager England never had.

Danny Cowley hes doing amazing things at Portsmouth seems he has always been able to achieve alot on a limited budget, alot of the teams hes managed in the past he has taken way further up the leagues,he took non league lincoln back in the football league and got them to the quarter finals of the fa cup as a non league, so if he had the resoiurces of a club like leicester think he do a great job, always involved in the game,very animated, seems to have excellent man management skills and popular with the fans. Premier maybe a step too far at the moment if the worse happened we went down and he got portsmouth to championship i think he do excellent job in championship for us and be a big step up for him but hes young and ambitious he'd be up for it.

Edited by southfox66

42 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Danny Cowley hes doing amazing things at Portsmouth seems he has always been able to achieve alot on a limited budget, alot of the teams hes managed in the past he has taken way further up the leagues,he took non league lincoln back in the football league and got them to the quarter finals of the fa cup as a non league, so if he had the resoiurces of a club like leicester think he do a great job, always involved in the game,very animated, seems to have excellent man management skills and popular with the fans. Premier maybe a step too far at the moment if the worse happened we went down and he got portsmouth to championship i think he do excellent job in championship for us and be a big step up for him but hes young and ambitious he'd be up for it.

If we are looking that low down then Kieran McKenna at Ipswich is the one.

Our sights should be set way higher though unless we go down.

So best case scenario is Chelsea save us from paying off Brendan? Sounds insane. Go pick up a 19/2 lotto ticket if you believe.

It's just so easy to only see the negatives when everything going on is negative.

I do wonder if there was a calculated risk last summer that somehow our squad was going to make it through the season. My take is you gotta refresh a bit every year. Same tactics are less effective with reputation and the same players are only getting older and staler. Remember how the club was supposedly surprised that Fofana wanted to leave? We knew we were transfer guru-less but surely someone was tasked with being on watch. Maybe the same for Kasper. Now do we even have the money to sack Brendan? Typing it out I think it sounds worse than rock bottom Puel or Claudio. But I don't believe that. It's September. Winter is coming, I guess.

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

So best case scenario is Chelsea save us from paying off Brendan? Sounds insane. Go pick up a 19/2 lotto ticket if you believe.

Best case scenario is we beat Villa on Saturday, they sack Gerrard and want Rodgers. Both Brendan and the board know he’s a dead man walking so off he goes to Brum and we bring in Arne Slot from Feyenoord.

He’s shown to be a coaching genius getting the best out of all players, we make top 6, win a cup and Youri and Cags sign new deals.

a man can dream 

Edited by LVocey

2 hours ago, southfox66 said:

I know a lot of Lincoln fans who can't stand him. He also did a bad job at Huddersfield.

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Time for some realism me thinks:

Brendan will be in charge against Villa

Brighton will not be interested in him at all.

Poch, Zidane and Tuchel will have no interest in us.

these are all facts 

Are they provable facts or just the ones swirling around in your head? I'll wait.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Time for some realism me thinks:

Brendan will be in charge against Villa

Brighton will not be interested in him at all.

Poch, Zidane and Tuchel will have no interest in us.

these are all facts 

Zidane won't be interested I agree. Pochettino and Tuchel will be. Our team has still potential, it's a good team with 4 players of the Belgium national team. They're underperfoming or not used at all under Rodgers' stubborn tactics. 

This is a fact.