Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

6 hours ago, z-layrex said:

We are hands down the worst team in the league. Underselling ourselves? I think our squad would struggle in the Championship. We are done.

The capabilities of this squad are far, far above that and the task in front of any incoming manager is very easily salvageable as it stands. 

If Rodgers was sacked this week, I was ready to bet £25 on us this Saturday because I think a caretaker team could simply sort us out 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite like what De Zerbi has done at Sassuolo before going to Shahktar.

Another very good example - a club he managed to push beyond relegation fodder and be touching 6th in the league. 

His time at Shakhtar suggests he has no issue trying to communicate his style or management in a foreign country 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The capabilities of this squad are far, far above that and the task in front of any incoming manager is very easily salvageable as it stands. 

If Rodgers was sacked this week, I was ready to bet £25 on us this Saturday because I think a caretaker team could simply sort us out 

Absolutely. But ... the longer we stall the harder the job, the harder the job the more unattractive it gets, the more unattractive it gets the less chance of attracting a reasonable manager. 

With all that he's recently said and done, why is he even allowed to walk through the doors of the training ground or stadium, he's in destructive anti club mode calling out the owners, players and even the supporters!

His mere departure would take a huge weight off the players backs and unless Stowell is a complete and utter useless Rodgers clone, he couldn’t do any worse. Sensible tactics, round pegs in round holes, let the players play to their strengths. I'm sure with a bit of freedom they'd play like a new team to safety. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Not quite true, Hudds got taken over and wanted their own man in. They were in proper shit when he came in iirc and steadied the ship 

The Chairman took over in the summer before Cowley came in, so that's not true.

Cowley didn't steady the ship at all. They were in a relegation battle all season, considering they had been in the premier League the season before, they shouldn't have been anywhere near there. Incidentally they finished 3rd the following season under a new manager.

2 hours ago, Tails said:

The Chairman took over in the summer before Cowley came in, so that's not true.

Cowley didn't steady the ship at all. They were in a relegation battle all season, considering they had been in the premier League the season before, they shouldn't have been anywhere near there. Incidentally they finished 3rd the following season under a new manager.

They were bottom when Cowley took over, easily could’ve done a Sunderland. You’re wrong there as well, Huddersfield finished 20th the following season lower in the table and with less points. 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Country's gonna have a new monarch at its helm before Brendan is sacked. Mental.

its mad innit

go back to bert's watsap evening and since then, three PL managers have left their posts, a new PM has been sworn in and the monarch who has ruled for 70 years may have passed

imagine the odds you'd have got on that accumulator (the PM bit wont help the odds!) 

The candidates are being picked off, one by one. Potter and Rose gone already. Brighton and Bournemouth get the next picks it seems. What can anyone think about this other than it makes very, very, little sense at all ?