Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

On 08/09/2022 at 14:39, winteriscoming said:

Seeing as we’ve missed out on Rose. I’ll add Adi Hutter onto the readily available list. Along with Marcelino and Jorge Sampaoli. My personal preference is Marcelino. 

does marcelino speak english? 

my concern would be that his whole career, management and playing, has been spent in spain. if he came in and set us up with a style that works in la liga there is no guarantee it would work here. 

It’s more exciting than a dyche but there’s a much higher risk it ends in disaster. if we were sat mid table, or even with a full pre-season go for it. but when you’ve got 1 point after 6 games, i’d be a little nervous 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

does marcelino speak english? 

my concern would be that his whole career, management and playing, has been spent in spain. if he came in and set us up with a style that works in la liga there is no guarantee it would work here. 

It’s more exciting than a dyche but there’s a much higher risk it ends in disaster. if we were sat mid table, or even with a full pre-season go for it. but when you’ve got 1 point after 6 games, i’d be a little nervous 

I can understand your concerns. I don’t know whether he can speak English. I do think the better options are foreign rather than those with pl experience. 

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I know we're all fantasising a little here, and boo me for bursting the bubble, but is there any evidence our board and owners will actually sack Rodgers? I am increasingly skeptical.

You have to wonder now, Plenty of occasions where it would have been appropriate have been missed. Many instances of " he will go if we lose against...." have come and  gone.

Bournemouth and Chelsea did it with perhaps less justification ?!

Just don't know now

Edited by itude

4 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I know we're all fantasising a little here, and boo me for bursting the bubble, but is there any evidence our board and owners will actually sack Rodgers? I am increasingly skeptical.

Really doesn't matter what they are currently willing or not willing to do, they will not carry on with him of we keep losing, which looking more likely than not. He might get another 1 or 2 losses on the spin but baring in mind the easy run of games to come after the international break, the club have very little room to deliberate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

you know i wouldn’t have been against carlos corberan, a real shame the forest owner snapped him up for olympiakos. 

Seems a really talented manager who worked miracles with that huddersfield side. would have been free as well 

His miracles don't work with Olympiakos though. They've been atrocious under him so far. 0 shots against Nantes last Thursday. He wasn't there in the summer though but Marinakis isn't known for his patience with managers. If he doesn't improve the team he'll be gone soon. 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve not seen this mentioned but do we think there would ever be a chance we might want to move the leuven boss over? 

I know that would be an extremely controversial decision but i wonder if that would be a consideration? 

....I made that suggestion awhile ago!!!

Certainly plays an open and exciting game, has his own opinions and sticks to them. I would hate to be undermining OHL when they are looking to push on this season. 

• Like 1

The more we faff about keeping BR, the more I'm convinced we're already gone. We didn't even have a game yesterday and I'm more worried now than I was midweek.

As others have said, the pool of readily available managers is shrinking, our board aren't savvy enough to look at 90% of the names suggested here, and I just think they're going to leave it too late. I've almost convinced myself we'll be playing championship football next season 

• Like 1