Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

What about Leonardo Jardim? When we were (twice) looking for a new manager in 2017 he seemed like a popular choice as he was riding high on the back of the Mbappe-Bernardo-Fabinho team he’d built at Monaco.

Since then he’s not done a lot - he’s been in the Middle East for three years - but he’s still only 48. Got to fancy a challenge back in Europe at some point.

44 minutes ago, ttfn said:

What about Leonardo Jardim? When we were (twice) looking for a new manager in 2017 he seemed like a popular choice as he was riding high on the back of the Mbappe-Bernardo-Fabinho team he’d built at Monaco.

Since then he’s not done a lot - he’s been in the Middle East for three years - but he’s still only 48. Got to fancy a challenge back in Europe at some point.

...he was the coach who was refusing to comeback to Monaco if Tielemans was still there!!!

He did not last too long with his second stint at Monaco and I would suppose it would be a great surprise for Youri and Jardim to bump into each other at the training ground.

Looks like Brighton are going for De Zerbi

"Brighton-De Zerbi, meeting scheduled for the beginning of the week. Optimism on the negotiation. The coach also likes the team for their attitude and mentality. Fundamental qualities for De Zerbi's game. After Conte, possible new Made in Italy in Premier"

39 minutes ago, lfu said:

Looks like Brighton are going for De Zerbi

"Brighton-De Zerbi, meeting scheduled for the beginning of the week. Optimism on the negotiation. The coach also likes the team for their attitude and mentality. Fundamental qualities for De Zerbi's game. After Conte, possible new Made in Italy in Premier"

Thats annoying, been reading up on him recently and he seems really good.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

While our board have a Jurassic park mentality and probably get in Rafa Benitez or think that a big name manager like Poch will solve all our problems 

Jurassic park mentality ? Sounds about right !

So if Brighton get this guy,and Bournemouth get the next one, guess that means we get whoever is left ?

Not the best way to do it. I doubt very very much Poch or Tuchel would even consider coming here now, so the well is drying up day by day

9 minutes ago, itude said:

Jurassic park mentality ? Sounds about right !

So if Brighton get this guy,and Bournemouth get the next one, guess that means we get whoever is left ?

Not the best way to do it. I doubt very very much Poch or Tuchel would even consider coming here now, so the well is drying up day by day

I've given up hope now.....seems like the board are just riding it out and hoping something happens ...either we win afew games or Brendan goes on his own free will.

In the meantime this standoff is causing serious implications for the future of the club....we are routed at the bottom on the table and I just can't believe we are going to get out unless we have a major change within the club 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

While our board have a Jurassic park mentality and probably get in Rafa Benitez or think that a big name manager like Poch will solve all our problems 

i don’t think that’s fair. Most of our appointments have worked out in some capacity and have achieved the initial results we needed. 

We are currently in a different situation to brighton for a few reasons.  We might be bottom of the table on 1 point after playing 8 games by the time we sack brendan… 2 of the remaining games are man city and liverpool. I can understand why a gamble appointment might be a little risky. 

Brighton are sat in an excellent position with some very tidy players all in good form. i don’t think anyone expects them to get relegated even with a manager that ends up not being all that. If we pick someone who ends up not translating their game or needs a lot of patience, we will be down and out before we’ve got started. 

brighton are also dealing with a far lower managers budget to ourselves, they are going to try and find someone who they can pay far less to.  a rafa still costs more than a bodo glimt manager. 

I understand the frustration because i also crave the excitement of a fresh manager with new ideas and philosophies… the chance to unearth a superstar. But if i was a board member, i’d be looking for the safest option available while we are in this current state 

Edited by Lambert09

And that is to keep on doing what we have been doing, and hope for a different result ??

Sorry but that makes little sense to me. If I saw some level of consistent improvement, somewhere, I might think different, I don't see that ,I just see a deteriorating situation which needs urgent action, now.

Urs Fischer looks very good, however anyone imagining he might come here needs to read this

Fischer was announced as new head coach of 2. Bundesliga side 1. FC Union Berlin on 1 June 2018, signing a two-year contract with the club.[5] In his first season with the club, he led Union to a historical promotion in Bundesliga after a third-place finish that enabled them to participate in the promotion play-offs, where they beat VfB Stuttgart on away goals.[6] In December 2020, he signed a contract extension, keeping him at the club until 2023.[7] In the 2020–21 season, he led Union to a seventh-place finish, thus qualifying for the inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League edition, In the 2021–22 season, he led Union to a fifth-place finish, thus qualifying for the UEFA Europa League for the first time ever in history.

Not sure we would wait till 2023, pay compensation, or why he would give up on his project there, so far it is going so well for him.Why would he give that up for a relegation battle, and no money for  transfers?

Edited by itude

It will come down to who is available without having to pay any compensation. We simply don't have the money. Whilst the money for Brendan and his team is, of course, already allocated to this and next year's budget, his replacement isn't and if, and it looks a big if right now, we sack Brendan, then we simply can't afford to pay compensation to any club for their manager on top of the new manager and his team's salaries.

We've no money for any transfers in January unless we sell first, and we're stuck at the bottom of the league with just 1 point and look nailed on relegation candidates. We're not going to be as an attractive opportunity to someone in employment as we were with a spell in the second tier of English football looking pretty likely.

A list of those currently out of work would probably reveal the most likely possible candidates.

16 minutes ago, itude said:

Urs Fischer looks very good, however anyone imagining he might come here needs to read this

Fischer was announced as new head coach of 2. Bundesliga side 1. FC Union Berlin on 1 June 2018, signing a two-year contract with the club.[5] In his first season with the club, he led Union to a historical promotion in Bundesliga after a third-place finish that enabled them to participate in the promotion play-offs, where they beat VfB Stuttgart on away goals.[6] In December 2020, he signed a contract extension, keeping him at the club until 2023.[7] In the 2020–21 season, he led Union to a seventh-place finish, thus qualifying for the inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League edition, In the 2021–22 season, he led Union to a fifth-place finish, thus qualifying for the UEFA Europa League for the first time ever in history.

Not sure we would wait till 2023, pay compensation, or why he would give up on is project there, so far it is going so well for him.

The compensation we would have to pay for him would be very low due to the length left on his current contract and how low his current wage is (£18k a week)

Going into the final year of his contract and there has been little to no information about him wanting to stay, wanting to sign a new contract, Union wanting to give him a new contract etc.

A contract for Fischer and the compensation could easily total the same as what we would have to pay for some of the free managers

He isn't really given money to spend at Union Berlin either, and often every summer has to deal with a lot of squad turnover and regularly losing his best players and has to make do with mostly free's or relatively cheap signings as replacements

The club are stupid if they don't at least even attempt to get him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, itude said:

Not sure we would wait till 2023, pay compensation, or why he would give up on his project there, so far it is going so well for him.Why would he give that up for a relegation battle, and no money for  transfers?

Because morbid as it is we can quintuple his wages.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i don’t think that’s fair. Most of our appointments have worked out in some capacity and have achieved the initial results we needed. 

We are currently in a different situation to brighton for a few reasons.  We might be bottom of the table on 1 point after playing 8 games by the time we sack brendan… 2 of the remaining games are man city and liverpool. I can understand why a gamble appointment might be a little risky. 

Brighton are sat in an excellent position with some very tidy players all in good form. i don’t think anyone expects them to get relegated even with a manager that ends up not being all that. If we pick someone who ends up not translating their game or needs a lot of patience, we will be down and out before we’ve got started. 

brighton are also dealing with a far lower managers budget to ourselves, they are going to try and find someone who they can pay far less to.  a rafa still costs more than a bodo glimt manager. 

I understand the frustration because i also crave the excitement of a fresh manager with new ideas and philosophies… the chance to unearth a superstar. But if i was a board member, i’d be looking for the safest option available while we are in this current state 

...we do not need to fear going forward,  setting our ambition low will not get us anywhere!!!

• Like 3

Bear with me a little on this one!! I know it's a daft suggestion (not the first!) and I know I will get slaughtered for it - but I do love a plan that kills two birds (or three, or four) with one stone! Also some problems will not go away with 'nicey- nicey' and often require a bit of conflict. I also enjoy 'outside-the-box', 'left field' or downright daft solutions!

So here's my plan: offer Sean Dyche the position of 'Director of football' (informing him that the title or rôle may change abruptly),  with his remit being to oversee all football related matters in the club (double his Burnley salary should do!!).

Can you imagine Brodge having to run every vendetta-related positional change past someone? And the crazy sideways, backwards crap? and the 'overperforming' bit and the 'squad lacks experience' etc etc etc etc. If, as in a normal business, the DOF could issue verbal, and written, warnings for not following instructions - i'm pretty sure that a resignation would be somewhat rapido!!

....and, okay, it may be alongside a claim for 'constructive dismissal', but, hey-ho, the poison goblin has gone and we have an ready-to-go replacement - one whose character, personality and ethos would suit us perfectly.

C'mon Top! Do it! Brilliant Craic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

Bear with me a little on this one!! I know it's a daft suggestion (not the first!) and I know I will get slaughtered for it - but I do love a plan that kills two birds (or three, or four) with one stone! Also some problems will not go away with 'nicey- nicey' and often require a bit of conflict. I also enjoy 'outside-the-box', 'left field' or downright daft solutions!

So here's my plan: offer Sean Dyche the position of 'Director of football' (informing him that the title or rôle may change abruptly),  with his remit being to oversee all football related matters in the club (double his Burnley salary should do!!).

Can you imagine Brodge having to run every vendetta-related positional change past someone? And the crazy sideways, backwards crap? and the 'overperforming' bit and the 'squad lacks experience' etc etc etc etc. If, as in a normal business, the DOF could issue verbal, and written, warnings for not following instructions - i'm pretty sure that a resignation would be somewhat rapido!!

....and, okay, it may be alongside a claim for 'constructive dismissal', but, hey-ho, the poison goblin has gone and we have an ready-to-go replacement - one whose character, personality and ethos would suit us perfectly.

C'mon Top! Do it! Brilliant Craic!

Wahahahahaaaaaa