Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

20 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I have to warn with a lot of caution here... My fathers side of the family are Ipswich season ticket holders... although this season is going well, it should be, they have pretty much the biggest budget in that league, and one of the best squads. 

When he first took over, I went to watch a game as there was a spare ticket going, for a laugh as watching Leicester had become stale and predictable. Well what I watched that day, was exactly the same... passing sideways for the sake of passing sideways, barely created a chance. Think they won 1-0 in the end, against Gillingham - It was awful

I was then later told, that McKenna's caoching idol is Brendan Rodgers!! It's a no from me... 

I think it would be too early to give him a chance at a club like ours but I'll be watching with interest how he does in the Championship, which if he doesn't take Ipswich up will be his logical next job somewhere.

Rodgers coaching principles and ideology is technically sound, he hasnt pioneered them himself but taken them from many other elite coaches. McKenna won't be trying to copy Rodgers weakness of mental resilience in his teams or an inability to defend.

On 11/09/2022 at 18:27, SuperMike said:

Bear with me a little on this one!! I know it's a daft suggestion (not the first!) and I know I will get slaughtered for it - but I do love a plan that kills two birds (or three, or four) with one stone! Also some problems will not go away with 'nicey- nicey' and often require a bit of conflict. I also enjoy 'outside-the-box', 'left field' or downright daft solutions!

So here's my plan: offer Sean Dyche the position of 'Director of football' (informing him that the title or rôle may change abruptly),  with his remit being to oversee all football related matters in the club (double his Burnley salary should do!!).

Can you imagine Brodge having to run every vendetta-related positional change past someone? And the crazy sideways, backwards crap? and the 'overperforming' bit and the 'squad lacks experience' etc etc etc etc. If, as in a normal business, the DOF could issue verbal, and written, warnings for not following instructions - i'm pretty sure that a resignation would be somewhat rapido!!

....and, okay, it may be alongside a claim for 'constructive dismissal', but, hey-ho, the poison goblin has gone and we have an ready-to-go replacement - one whose character, personality and ethos would suit us perfectly.

C'mon Top! Do it! Brilliant Craic

Hmmm.. Like the out there thinking Mike, he may be up for this 🤣

tenor.gif

Edited by J. James
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it would be too early to give him a chance at a club like ours but I'll be watching with interest how he does in the Championship, which if he doesn't take Ipswich up will be his logical next job somewhere.

Rodgers coaching principles and ideology is technically sound, he hasnt pioneered them himself but taken them from many other elite coaches. McKenna won't be trying to copy Rodgers weakness of mental resilience in his teams or an inability to defend.

Ipswich are my “2nd team” so always keep an eye out. McKenna has been hugely impressive, has absolutely sorted Ipswich out defensively. 

Agree it’s too early and we should be setting our sights higher but if, god forbid, we go down, he’d be my choice to get us back up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree... I just cannot stand the idea of anything anywhere near Rodgers ball at the moment, especially after 2 years of Puel ball previously. 

All excitement and fun for me has been sucked out of us (except of course the euphoria of the FA Cup win).

I'd like a complete style change, but that probably isn't realistic...

• Like 2

Don't know how I came across it now, but somewhere, I saw someone mentioning this Amiron (is that how you spell it?), Sporting manager... That Leicester were looking at him last year, if Brendan went to Utd... they then said one to watch. Would he really give up Champions League football for us? 

Probably a tedious link by the way, I think it was a portugese twitter account, maybe a Journalist based out there

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question; What do people think of Rafa Benitez? 

(constructive debate please)

In a bid to stay up, sure up the defence, yes I can see why he gets a mention. In the long term, absolutely no, the football is dire, and it is bad enough as it is 

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Don't know how I came across it now, but somewhere, I saw someone mentioning this Amiron (is that how you spell it?), Sporting manager... That Leicester were looking at him last year, if Brendan went to Utd... they then said one to watch. Would he really give up Champions League football for us? 

Probably a tedious link by the way, I think it was a portugese twitter account, maybe a Journalist based out there

We have definitely been linked with him previously

I would love him but he has a €30m release clause unfortunately

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

In a bid to stay up, sure up the defence, yes I can see why he gets a mention. In the long term, absolutely no, the football is dire, and it is bad enough as it is 

Our next two seasons are going to be incredibly difficult. So many players are out of contract next season. I’d take him for this season and next to keep us up and vaguely mid table.

It depends on how willing he is to use the academy. Brendan’s treating them as training cones and the academy hates him. If Rafa creates a legitimate pathway into the first team, and I have no idea if he will, then I wouldn’t grumble too much.

43 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

My absolute worst nightmare as a manager. One of the worst track records with young players as well. I'd be deeply concerned by the direction this club is going and the boards thinking long term if Benitez was appointed. He goes against everything we were told was the vision of this club.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

My absolute worst nightmare as a manager. One of the worst track records with young players as well. I'd be deeply concerned by the direction this club is going and the boards thinking long term if Benitez was appointed. He goes against everything we were told was the vision of this club.

Fair enough. I genuinely don't seem to know enough about him. I really could see him as a Top style appointment

51 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we are going to go down that route I’d rather have Dyche. Benitez seems a busted flush these days, think his work at Newcastle was way over-hyped due to the hatred of Mike Ashley.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fair enough. I genuinely don't seem to know enough about him. I really could see him as a Top style appointment

I think you're right, we would be interested in him. It's scaring me considerably. Really hope he gets another job in the next week to put that to bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

How sad....the board really do have a love in for past it ex EPL managers.

As I said yesterday look at who Brighton are going to interview in the coming week Kjetil Knutsen, Roberto De Zerbi and Frank Haise.

While are board will only consider aging dinosaurs who are past their peak.

By the way is there any up and coming young Belgium/French managers out there considering we are getting so many Belgium international players in.

• Like 1

Sadly it is getting to the point where the club may well consider Benitez, I would not be enthusiastic about it, and would prefer Dyche.

But its a question of who will be available if we actually do get rid of Rodgers.

Our messing about potentially cost us Potter and Rose, others will go, at least to Brighton and Bournemouth.

The number of decent alternatives is shrinking, and Urs Fischer will not be swapping his current position for ours, unless he has a brain storm.

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How sad....the board really do have a love in for past it ex EPL managers.

As I said yesterday look at who Brighton are going to interview in the coming week Kjetil Knutsen, Roberto De Zerbi and Frank Haise.

While are board will only consider aging dinosaurs who are past their peak.

By the way is there any up and coming young Belgium/French managers out there considering we are getting so many Belgium international players in.

Be interested to see what makes you think this?

Other than Sven, have they ever appointed a manager who would be described at “past it”?
We had Sven and I think the owners learned a lot from that experience and I wouldn’t say we’ve had any ageing dinosaurs? Not sure where this comes from when you look at their appointments since taking over the club.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Be interested to see what makes you think this?

Other than Sven, have they ever appointed a manager who would be described at “past it”?
We had Sven and I think the owners learned a lot from that experience and I wouldn’t say we’ve had any ageing dinosaurs? Not sure where this comes from when you look at their appointments since taking over the club.

I've seen that many posters have made the same point, that they think the board will have Rafa high up on their list......must be a reason why we all think that way. Just seems typical or a safe option for them I suppose.

• Like 1

Any young ambitious manager would want assurances from the board that there'd have money available and will be backed in the next transfer window. Without that we're stuck with the same old names, Rafa, Dyche, Big Sam and any other out of work managers that would be glad to have a job. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, itude said:

Fischer dreamers, please take note :)

German Bundesliga 2022/23
# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 1. FC Union Berlin 6 4 2 0 13 4 9 14

2 SC Freiburg 6 4 1 1 10 5 5 13

3 Bayern Munich 6 3 3 0 19 5 14 12

4 Hoffenheim 6 4 0 2 12 7 5 12

5 Borussia Dortmund 6 4 0 2 8 7 1 12

6 Mainz

Union are going to win the league! Come on