Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

35 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

He is a proven racist who likes to throw the racist card around himself strangely enough in some sort of weird parody of himself 

Thanks. I assumed it was meant like that but wanted to clarify before I called him a ****. 

WTF is still racist these days? Gotta be a proper sad sack not to have left that nonsense in the past where even then it didn't belong. 

1 hour ago, itude said:

Fischer dreamers, please take note :)

German Bundesliga 2022/23
# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 1. FC Union Berlin 6 4 2 0 13 4 9 14

2 SC Freiburg 6 4 1 1 10 5 5 13

3 Bayern Munich 6 3 3 0 19 5 14 12

4 Hoffenheim 6 4 0 2 12 7 5 12

5 Borussia Dortmund 6 4 0 2 8 7 1 12

6 Mainz

Fischer would be a very interesting pick.   I believe Brighton are interested in the Mainz head coach. We will get Dyche or  Big Sam.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

as a general rule, haven't managers from the French League struggled in the Prem?? 

Just sent me right down a ****ing rabbit hole!!

Tricky one to distinguish, do you just mean 'French managers' as they are likely to have 'only come from ligue 1' or do you literally mean anyone whose last job was ligue 1?

French who also managed in France

Wenger (Success)

Houllier (Success)

Garde (Failure)

Puel ( lol

Perrin ( Failure)

Santini (Failure)

Tigana (??)

Vieira (Becoming a success)

Any nationality whose previous job was in France

Bielsa (Success?)

Emery (Failure (but wasn't backed))

Tuchel (Success)

Claudio (Nantes to Fulham, failure)

• Like 1

Just a note on the above, there's a lot of famous french ex pro's on there who have dined out on being good footballers and taken that shtick into management.

I'd say Haise journey is more in line with having a point to prove, no career of note as a player, and having to prove his success managing youth teams to move up through the ranks. 

He also, although favouring 3-4-1-2, often varies his tactics per game... whether it's 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or the favoured 3-4-1-2, he's shown to adapt plans to different games. 

He is also now the odds-on favorite to become Graham Potter’s successor at #BHAFC. Here’s my updated piece on Lens if you want a bit more insight on the Frenchman:
Quote Tweet

-QW2yePP_normal.png

Get French Football News

@GFFN
· 1h
TRANSFER ANALYSIS | Lens - Leicester City target, coach Franck Haise, continues to work wonders.  Part of our updated Ligue 1 handbook, out soon.u @georgeboxall22 https://bit.ly/TransfersLens

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He is also now the odds-on favorite to become Graham Potter’s successor at #BHAFC. Here’s my updated piece on Lens if you want a bit more insight on the Frenchman:
Quote Tweet

-QW2yePP_normal.png

Get French Football News

@GFFN
· 1h
TRANSFER ANALYSIS | Lens - Leicester City target, coach Franck Haise, continues to work wonders.  Part of our updated Ligue 1 handbook, out soon.u @georgeboxall22 https://bit.ly/TransfersLens

That's sick if he's favourite to join Brighton 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Quote Tweet

-QW2yePP_normal.png

Get French Football News

@GFFN
· 1h

....if you want to know what to look for in a manager!!!

....Haise has generally set up Lens in a 3-4-1-2 formation,[3] although he has at times used a 3-5-2[4][5] and a 3-4-3.[6]

Despite mainly using a back three at Lens, he has stated, "I don’t have a favourite system. For some time now, we have often played 3-4-1-2 or 3-5-2 with the midfielder moving. This is the one I use because it more closely matches the squad and the players

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Remember a manager called Ranieri?!! 

Ranieri was outside of the box in the sense that it was a surprising appointment, with him having a patchy recent record and most notably having shat the bed quite spectacularly with Greece, but he was still very much a known quantity. The appointments made by the owners thus far suggest a strong preference for managers with experience in this country and I think what I and others mean by thinking outside the box has more to do with expanding our scope beyond that narrow pool than it does simply making an unexpected appointment.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LVocey said:

Ipswich are my “2nd team” so always keep an eye out. McKenna has been hugely impressive, has absolutely sorted Ipswich out defensively. 

Agree it’s too early and we should be setting our sights higher but if, god forbid, we go down, he’d be my choice to get us back up.

Ipswich are my 2nd team too and although I'd be thrilled to see him come here I'd be sad to see them us take McKenna off them as he's doing brilliantly there after they've had nothing to shout about for years.