Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

8 hours ago, Guest said:

Ranieri was outside of the box in the sense that it was a surprising appointment, with him having a patchy recent record and most notably having shat the bed quite spectacularly with Greece, but he was still very much a known quantity. The appointments made by the owners thus far suggest a strong preference for managers with experience in this country and I think what I and others mean by thinking outside the box has more to do with expanding our scope beyond that narrow pool than it does simply making an unexpected appointment.

Yep, that’s exactly what I meant with outside the box. 

If they go for previous prem experience as they always have done previously  then the choice of managers isn’t very appetising. 

• Like 1

Honestly I think this season is all about survival now. We could do a lot worse than Sean Dyche. He'll get us defensively tight and I think we'll pick up some good results. People look down there nose at him because he's been at Burnley. He did an superb job with them over a long period on a shoestring budget. I honestly wouldn't mind giving him a chance. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2022 at 06:43, Ric Flair said:

Not sure he'd get a work permit to work here given he was in La Liga Segunda last season but Xabi Alonso interests me as a manager greatly. He's vastly experience as a player both internationally and in England and he did brilliantly with Real Sociedad B to get them in to the 2nd division and developed an impressive amount of young players who were promoted to Real Sociedad's first team like Robert Navarro, Martin Zubimendi, Jon Pacheco, Benat Turrientes.

Probably a job a bit too soon for him, but I like progressive managers and his brief has been to develop young academy players which would make him open to the vision here of utilising the best training facilities to bring through young players.

Looks like Leverkusen are taking a punt on him and getting rid of Seoane

2 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't think Lopetegui would be a good fit for us. There's a Spanish team in PL, more suitable for him. 

I live in sevilla and though I'm leicester through and through I'd put sevilla second on my list. 

Lopetegui has really been unfairly treated here. He consistently get sevilla champions league football, got them a well deserved europa league title, he got very far in cup competitions consistently, and even challenged for the title in 20/21. I'd love him here. He's passionate, he's honest, and he's caring and comforting to his players. Sevilla is like a family. Do i think he'll come right now? Truthfully i reckon he will take a break from football till next year. He's extremely passionate and there were times when it looked like he was going to have a heart attack on the bench watching the games. He takes responsibility for his errors and for the team. His style is melodic yes, but he's very versatile, he includes some pressing, and he bases his team's around the defence. He took a team with almost no remaining players from the prior season in 19/20 and got them champions league football and a Europa league title. He reminds me a lot of Conte, obviously without the same credentials and ego, but he's intense and die hard. He'd do well here. But i don't think we'll part ways with Rodgers until the end of the season and i reckon he'd take a break for a while. He was a bit stubborn here but he's way more flexible than given credit for. Maybe he's not tiki taka stereotypical style but his players play with their blood sweat and tears. They'd die for him on the field. The reason he has been sacked is because the director monchi really signed very very very poorly, and castro, above all, sold their best defenders with very poor incomings and for low prices. It's more of a microcosm of the macrocosmic problem of la liga than anything indicative of lopetegui. He'll be remembered here as a king. Hope wolves don't get him, he knows he can do better. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I live in sevilla and though I'm leicester through and through I'd put sevilla second on my list. 

Lopetegui has really been unfairly treated here. He consistently get sevilla champions league football, got them a well deserved europa league title, he got very far in cup competitions consistently, and even challenged for the title in 20/21. I'd love him here. He's passionate, he's honest, and he's caring and comforting to his players. Sevilla is like a family. Do i think he'll come right now? Truthfully i reckon he will take a break from football till next year. He's extremely passionate and there were times when it looked like he was going to have a heart attack on the bench watching the games. He takes responsibility for his errors and for the team. His style is melodic yes, but he's very versatile, he includes some pressing, and he bases his team's around the defence. He took a team with almost no remaining players from the prior season in 19/20 and got them champions league football and a Europa league title. He reminds me a lot of Conte, obviously without the same credentials and ego, but he's intense and die hard. He'd do well here. But i don't think we'll part ways with Rodgers until the end of the season and i reckon he'd take a break for a while. He was a bit stubborn here but he's way more flexible than given credit for. Maybe he's not tiki taka stereotypical style but his players play with their blood sweat and tears. They'd die for him on the field. The reason he has been sacked is because the director monchi really signed very very very poorly, and castro, above all, sold their best defenders with very poor incomings and for low prices. It's more of a microcosm of the macrocosmic problem of la liga than anything indicative of lopetegui. He'll be remembered here as a king. Hope wolves don't get him, he knows he can do better. 

Sevilla's defensive line was absolutely dreadful last night. Players constantly out of position shouting to each other. I can't remember seeing a Spanish team in CL with such huge issues. Even Copenhagen's defense was more compact against ManCity. 

If managers like him are left high and dry from the board why don't they resign early to save their reputation? If you don't agree with the direction of the club is taking you just quit/resign. The same applies irl common jobs. 

30 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Sevilla's defensive line was absolutely dreadful last night. Players constantly out of position shouting to each other. I can't remember seeing a Spanish team in CL with such huge issues. Even Copenhagen's defense was more compact against ManCity. 

If managers like him are left high and dry from the board why don't they resign early to save their reputation? If you don't agree with the direction of the club is taking you just quit/resign. The same applies irl common jobs. 

because reputation doesn't pay the bills .....

especially if the club has done/not done stuff that helps to protect it .....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Sevilla played an average cdm at cb along with two academy players. Both starting CBs on paper out injured... 

10 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

....not when your payoff is pushing £10m along with the rest of your staff!!!

Cooper at Forest has had 20-plus players brought in, how can he develop a club in the Premier League with strangers?

i’d like to think if we are focused on the english experience, that we at least have an eye on Beale. 

Supposedly the man behind gerrards rangers success and doing a great job so far with QPR. Probably the only viable candidate in the championship at present but could be destined for big things 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2022 at 13:04, Fear Of The Fox said:

Money and immediate future career prospects?