Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

What about that ex Huddersfield boss Carlos Coolbeans or whatever his name is? 👀

Underrated coach - would be an improvement but think we can aim a little higher.

Someone who get's us organised is pretty much all it will take - attacking talent is there.

Urs Fischer or Bruno Genesio would do me nicely, but I honestly think even Dyche see's us comfortably safe if brought in during the next week or two.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LVocey said:

Underrated coach - would be an improvement but think we can aim a little higher.

Someone who get's us organised is pretty much all it will take - attacking talent is there.

Urs Fischer or Bruno Genesio would do me nicely, but I honestly think even Dyche see's us comfortably safe if brought in during the next week or two.

Fischer has only just signed a contract extension. So can’t see it. Would love him here. Also Genesio is a great shout. Thought he’s Rennes side looked really good against us last season.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid it’s going to take more than just a change of coach to get our defending sorted. they will need some time. 

Serious question, do you not see how we play as an issue towards us shipping goals? Do you not think we are masters of our downfall continuing to pass sideways or backwards along our back line, camped on our own 18 yard box with the opposition just biding their time waiting for us to make as mistake? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Serious question, do you not see how we play as an issue towards us shipping goals? Do you not think we are masters of our downfall continuing to pass sideways or backwards along our back line, camped on our own 18 yard box with the opposition just biding their time waiting for us to make as mistake? 

To a degree yes - the cover infront of the defence is also a huge issue given the way the full backs are encouraged forward. 

My point is that solving our defensive problems is likely to be only helped in the early days of a new manager via being heavily defensive to avoid being caught out on transition. But that will ask us to defend voluntarily- high risk itself! 

the possession and sideways football deep in our defence hasn’t caused so many issues recently - the problem this season is ward’s ability with his feet (or lack of it) 

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To a degree yes - the cover infront of the defence is also a huge issue given the way the full backs are encouraged forward. 

My point is that solving our defensive problems is likely to be only helped in the early days of a new manager via being heavily defensive to avoid being caught out on transition. But that will ask us to defend voluntarily- high risk itself! 

the possession and sideways football deep in our defence hasn’t caused so many issues recently - the problem this season is ward’s ability with his feet (or lack of it) 

...we do not have to become ultra-defensive to be effective at the back!!!

It is how we play that is the problem, not the personnel in the backline. If Ward is poor with his feet, then let us seek to mitigate his shortfall, he can clear upfield when the ball comes to him by playing it into the Channels. as opposed to keeping possession. It is a fad that does not suit every team, it is time we stopped doing it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...we do not have to become ultra-defensive to be effective at the back!!!

It is how we play that is the problem, not the personnel in the backline. If Ward is poor with his feet, then let us seek to mitigate his shortfall, he can clear upfield when the ball comes to him by playing it into the Channels. as opposed to keeping possession. It is a fad that does not suit every team, it is time we stopped doing it.

If we’re just going to hoof it down the channels (like shakey played first months of 17/18) then I definitely won’t bother coming - that type of football is just dreadful. We have the players to keep possession and play through the lines - we lack the confidence to do it effectively at the moment. The coach hasn’t helped in the way he has often set us up and sucked the life out of the squad …..

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we’re just going to hoof it down the channels (like shakey played first months of 17/18) then I definitely won’t bother coming - that type of football is just dreadful. We have the players to keep possession and play through the lines - we lack the confidence to do it effectively at the moment. The coach hasn’t helped in the way he has often set us up and sucked the life out of the squad …..

Oh, so the only alternative is hootball… :rolleyes: :nono: :doh:

There lies the problem, this is what we’re up against. Brainwashed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

....everyone seeks to play that way, irrespective of the quality of Forest, we were so much better getting forward in a lot fewer passes that this convoluted style we attempt to play!!!

We are poor at doing it, it is a liability to play that way, and it slows us down. A high-tempo team such as us (and we are, despite Rodgers's attempt to send the opposition to sleep) getting the ball forward quicker is the key.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Matt said:

Oh, so the only alternative is hootball… :rolleyes: :nono: :doh:

There lies the problem, this is what we’re up against. Brainwashed.

if ward is always going to clear it long then the opposition will press us in a way that sends it back to him and then collect possession when it arrives with them via his clearance and we could well be out of shape (was it Brentford or soton that this happened ?) 

I don’t know the answer but when did we last turn over the ball by playing around at the back and concede?  

Ward plays it long more than kasper did - it’s not like we don’t ever send it downfield when under pressure. We are decent when we create two on ones but it’s not really happening because everything is too slow which is down to lack of confidence- it’s not going to change until the coach goes and we reset and begin to pick up some points 

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

There’s a real argument for a proven operator who can organise a team and spend a tight budget wisely, as we just focus on staying in the league for the next couple of seasons.

Sean Dyche is becoming more and more appealing im afraid 

Sean Dyches CV opener, I agree though.

Celtic lose 2 nil at home to RB Leipzig.....Marco Rose doing wonders since his appointment, goes to show how a teams fortunes can change under a new manager.

They were leaking so many goals before and his arrival has given confidence to his players to go out and score.

The sad fact was that Rose was available and waiting for a club to sign him up 🙄

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

Potter was the one that was highlighted to replace Rodgers, but Chelsea moved quicker. Thomas Frank is another one looked at, but recent results and performances are not very convincing. The club don’t want to make a change just for the sake of it and are hoping results will turn. Playing a dangerous game