Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well he's achieved not everyone thinking he's a fat useless twat, so he's well ahead of Steve Bruce there...

Hahahaa

It is a funny old game though,you go back 10+ years and both Hughes and Bruce were classed as good managers, Hughes especially. They are now both the absolute pits. Potter has innovation but football does change quickly and it will be interesting to see if he stands the test of time, I think Rodgers might not much longer. Things have moved on.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa

It is a funny old game though,you go back 10+ years and both Hughes and Bruce were classed as good managers, Hughes especially. They are now both the absolute pits. Potter has innovation but football does change quickly and it will be interesting to see if he stands the test of time, I think Rodgers might not much longer. Things have moved on.

Also Hughes hasn't won anything as a manager

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Also Hughes hasn't won anything as a manager

The point I'm making is at one point Bruce, Pardew and Hughes had their teams win something, get to finals or get top 6 or there or thereabouts. They are heinous managers but football moves quickly and at a point in time they were up and coming British managers that did well.

I'd back Potter to be a damn sight better than them but I've seen many a promising manager not really achieve anything in this country and he was hyped up way before he'd earnt it but that summed up the brown nosing Brighton have gotten in football over the years. 

3 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

This might actually be right. I think Rodgers is a fantastic coach (no, bear with me...) and any club would probably do well with him in charge of the team.

For two seasons. Max. Then you'd be wanting someone else. Because he is a really good coach. But only in the short term.

As for Chelsea and Potter, I think if Chelsea gave Potter five years he may well do a fantastic job there. But there is no chance they'll take a long-term view.

Yeah I wasn't joking. Rodgers has gone well past his sell by date here and because of that everyone forgets what he did when he came here. It's more than likely that Rodgers goes to another team and does what he initially did here.

35 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Just waiting for the Gasperini announcement! 

all jokes aside a manager with that kind of attacking intent would benefit our three strikers and the likes of Barnes and madders. 

Just switching to an attacking style would improve us. It's what were good at and it takes the pressure off the defence.

Unfortunately Rodgers doesn't really like it. Remember when we were 3.0 up at half time against WBA.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Just switching to an attacking style would improve us. It's what were good at and it takes the pressure off the defence.

Unfortunately Rodgers doesn't really like it. Remember when we were 3.0 up at half time against WBA.

we manage to play a hybrid system where we provide little cover to the defence and yet manage to appear to be defensive to the fanbase 

make it make sense! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FLAN said:

Thread on Bentleys about Martinez. Not seen him mentioned much here?  Haven’t read it all though 

Didn't realize Bentley's was still going?

Martinez would be Rodgers mark II.

5 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Reminds me of Martin O'Neill bless him agonising over the game at Derby when we were 4 nil up after 15 minutes.

5 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Attacking prowess is really good on the eye but defending wins games. I think that we shipped 36 goals in our prem winning season and we've already conceded 24 this year. Maybe we should be going for Lampard, his Everton side have one of the meanest defences in the prem.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa

Part of me thinks this is the end for him at a decent level. I think his football has been found out and he's got no answers. It's less forgiving for dogmatic types. Moyes you have to say has adapted a bit over time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Marcelo Gallardo leaving River Plate. Imagine if we were organised/ambitious enough to get him in 😩

Unfortunately I expect there is very little chance we would go for someone without Prem experience

Which is such a shame with how many talented managers there are outside of that remit

Would love someone like Gallardo

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

copy and pasted from the top thread… because it makes more sense in here. 

I think that we are well aware that Brendan is done here, but I think for top it is imperative that the next man is the right person to take us forward. I think what we are seeing isn’t blind loyalty and it also isn’t about money. 

With Puel, the club had been scouring the market for a replacement long before things even went wrong. We had discussions with Rodgers way in advance of when the move actually happened and it was only when rodgers let us know he’d move earlier that we made the move.

I genuinely think that what is actually happening is that the club have their man. But that man, is going to the world cup. I think we have 2 scenarios, the first is that Brendan takes the club until the break and is let go. The second is that somehow, he turns this all around and the club perhaps change their stance. 

I also think that the person who is likely to come in, is the Denmark manager.  We all remember a little trip Top took to visit nice, perhaps he was going to have a little conversation about this coach with a trusted person who knows him well. 

The other indicator could be the new set piece coach. A highly respected professional from denmark …. who was begrudgingly accepted by Rodgers. 

im calling it now…. this is our move 

• Like 2