Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

I still think - given the current position and trajectory of the club - someone like Dyche coming in on (ideally) a short-term deal til the end of the season would be the best fit to get us back on track.

Nothing fancy, get the basics right and everyone pulling in the right direction. He's always came across to me as a hard worker and genuinely likeable character, rather than the David Brent caricature we have in charge at present, and we need someone like that to win the fans back around and bring certain exiled players back into the fold (and not play favourites with other ever-presents)

Wouldn't cost a fortune, he lives fairly local (Kettering I believe) and obviously available. Not a glamorous pick, but would get the job done.

• Like 2

I like the idea of Hjulmand but it’s a risk given his previous track record outside of Denmark. When he arrived at Mainz, they were chuffed they got him but it was a disaster. 

A month ago, I encouraged the idea of going for an exciting option but the less games we have the more pressure to go with something less risky 

18 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

We can do a lot worse than Sean Dyche to steady the ship for a while. He's not "fashionable" because he's been at Burnley but he'd probably turn our fortunes around and pick up some results in the short term.

...we are not that desperate...!!!

The position we are in, has it seems, clouded people's minds and we are starting to panic, the club however does not give me any encouragement that they can bring in someone that can take us forward long term. 

I hope Dyche is not the only managers name that they know, he is not the right manager for this club,  we just need to stop being so desperate. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we are not that desperate...!!!

The position we are in, has it seems, clouded people's minds and we are starting to panic, the club however does not give me any encouragement that they can bring in someone that can take us forward long term. 

I hope Dyche is not the only managers name that they know, he is not the right manager for this club,  we just need to stop being so desperate. 

Not that desperate? We've had 1 win in 10 games and are currently 19th. Wake up and smell the coffee pal

Not sure on Hjulmand. 
We should look at another Danish coach Bo Svenson. Took over Mainz a couple of seasons ago when they were 10 points from safety in the Bundesliga. Conceding a lot of goals. Changed the system and kept them up finishing a comfortable 12th. Finishing with one of the best defensive records after he took over. They finished 8th last season. 

22 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Not that desperate? We've had 1 win in 10 games and are currently 19th. Wake up and smell the coffee pal

...desperation leads to bad choices and bad choices will set us back years!!!

I am more than aware of the poor return we are getting from this manager, but we need to look away from the usual suspects and go after managers who are on the rise and are ready to take the next step. 

I would rather fail having tried to evolve the team than bring in managers that do not fit our criteria  and has long since passed their time.

• Sad 1

I can’t understand this logic of “he’ll be better than Rodgers” or “he’ll get a reaction” regarding Dyche.

Of course those things are probably true, but they are true of pretty much any manager we get in as a replacement, such as is the toxic malaise we find ourselves in with Rodgers. Stowell/Sadler would get the same response I’m sure.

It doesn’t mean we have to stoop as low as Dyche, a man who at this stage isn’t even sure if a Premier League club would be interested in him and whose football ideologies are totally at odds with the squad we currently have and the state of the art training ground we spent a fortune building.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xen said:

I still think - given the current position and trajectory of the club - someone like Dyche coming in on (ideally) a short-term deal til the end of the season would be the best fit to get us back on track.

Nothing fancy, get the basics right and everyone pulling in the right direction. He's always came across to me as a hard worker and genuinely likeable character, rather than the David Brent caricature we have in charge at present, and we need someone like that to win the fans back around and bring certain exiled players back into the fold (and not play favourites with other ever-presents)

Wouldn't cost a fortune, he lives fairly local (Kettering I believe) and obviously available. Not a glamorous pick, but would get the job done.

I agree, but is it in the interest of any manager to take over now especially on a short term deal. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I agree, but is it in the interest of any manager to take over now especially on a short term deal. 

...you get to coach and manage a very good squad of players,  with top class facilities and guaranteed money what ever the outcome!!!

It will be an audition and an opportunity for first refusal of the role as by the end of the season you will be aware of what is required to supplement this group. Any real success however may  lead to being offered the position when it is based on a short-term bounce.

14 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

The vast majority of managers, no.

Dyche's circumstances match up well with ours though so it could be that rare case where it works out:

- Out of work at the moment and would want to show he's still got it at this level

- More resources/better players than he's been able to work with before, so a different kind of challenge

- Perception of a generally well run club with owners who are good to work with

- Local to home, so no personal disruption

- Very little risk from his perspective; he'll either increase his profile or he can point to the same failings Rodgers has as mitigating circumstances

Throw in some decent incentives (££ for league position) and maybe dangle a carrot of a permanent contract for Europe qualification or a league/fa cup, and I think he'd go for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xen said:

The vast majority of managers, no.

Dyche's circumstances match up well with ours though so it could be that rare case where it works out:

- Out of work at the moment and would want to show he's still got it at this level

- More resources/better players than he's been able to work with before, so a different kind of challenge

- Perception of a generally well run club with owners who are good to work with

- Local to home, so no personal disruption

- Very little risk from his perspective; he'll either increase his profile or he can point to the same failings Rodgers has as mitigating circumstances

Throw in some decent incentives (££ for league position) and maybe dangle a carrot of a permanent contract for Europe qualification or a league/fa cup, and I think he'd go for it.

...I  can only hope that you are a genuine Dyche supporter and believe in him!!!

If you are saying him being next door, with nothing better to do and if we give him incentives for league positions and European places, he would resolve all our problems,  ...it would  be an overally generous  offer...it would  also make him the luckiest man in the world. 

Not only are you saying we lavish him with all that we have, but he might!!, ... just might consider it.

I think we need to be realistic about our financial position as a club in the premier league. It’s not a level playing field, hasn’t been for a while and is becoming even less fair. The super rich six benefit not only from their superior resources but also the bias that exists promoting them to an unfair advantage.

If we really want to gate crash the party ever again I think we need to be more creative than merely trying to copy what they are doing. How are we going to compete with these teams setting up to play in a similar style when all over the pitch they employ players that are better than ours playing that way? 

If we want to be successful in this league with the resources at our disposal a dyche type of management makes sense. May not be fashionable but probably a more realistic way of being competitive. His sides at Burnley may not have been the most attractive, but he didn’t have the standard of player that we have in our squad

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

AVB for me now that Slot is a little harder to obtain.

The good thing about AVB is he'd never want to stick around long past when he's welcome and he wouldn't hide behind ever shifting scales of ambition and expectation that only he sets for our club.

He was mentioned in an article the other day on The Athletic about Wolves that he seemingly isn't in a rush to return to coaching

Also one in The Telegraph a few weeks ago that he seemingly only wants 1 more job in football and for that to be a national team

A shame as I would happily take him here