Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Oliver Glasner from Frankfurt

Has done a great job with them so far and won Europa last season, and I used to love watching Wolfsburg when he was their manager

A shame 2 managers I hope we would've targetted in Franck Haise from Lens and Urs Fischer from Union Berlin have both recently signed new long term contracts

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20119149/sean-dyche-return-leicester-nottingham-forest-ian-woan/

Sean Dyche sends friend and assistant Ian Woan to scout out Nottingham Forest and Leicester as potential jobs

SEAN DYCHE is sending his friend Ian Woan to watch Premier League clubs who could be looking for a new boss.

The pair are big mates and will form a managerial team if Dyche gets a chance following his departure from Burnley in April.

Woan has been spying on the likes of Leicester and even Nottingham Forest in case the axe falls during the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20119149/sean-dyche-return-leicester-nottingham-forest-ian-woan/

Sean Dyche sends friend and assistant Ian Woan to scout out Nottingham Forest and Leicester as potential jobs

SEAN DYCHE is sending his friend Ian Woan to watch Premier League clubs who could be looking for a new boss.

The pair are big mates and will form a managerial team if Dyche gets a chance following his departure from Burnley in April.

Woan has been spying on the likes of Leicester and even Nottingham Forest in case the axe falls during the coming weeks.

No fcking thanks

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He was mentioned in an article the other day on The Athletic about Wolves that he seemingly isn't in a rush to return to coaching

Also one in The Telegraph a few weeks ago that he seemingly only wants 1 more job in football and for that to be a national team

A shame as I would happily take him here

Yeah he's really not that pressured in to taking jobs willy nilly. He's a cool mutha fcuka who enjoys many things away from football but what he doesn't realise is, he needs an 18 month sabbatical to the East Midlands. Keep us up this season and win the FA Cup again and then win the Europa League and sensationally quit.

7 hours ago, Smig123 said:

Dyche has recently sold his house in Northampton heard he was helping Cooper out in pre season so he may have moved to the area.

What? 

Dyche is from Northamptonshire. He was born in Kettering.

He's got a fvcking massive house just outside Wellingborough and he's lived in it for years, even when he was Burnley boss.

A guy I used to drink with valets his cars every week.

He also says Mrs Dyche is quite tasty and always appears to be wearing tennis gear.

Basically, unless Dyche was going to manage in Spain, he ain't selling his house.

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

What? 

He's got a fvcking massive house just outside Wellingborough and he's lived in it for years, even when he was Burnley boss.

He also says Mrs Dyche is quite tasty and always appears to be wearing tennis gear.

Basically, unless Dyche was going to manage in Spain, he ain't selling his house.

Well he's definitely living in Nottingham.

23 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

What? 

Said on Ben Foster Podcast the other week he had moved to Nottingham.

1 minute ago, Sambiasso said:

Said on Ben Foster Podcast the other week he had moved to Nottingham.

Steve cleaned his car in Wellingborough last week.

To be fair, Steve knows fvck all about football.

Could be Shaun Dyke's car he cleans lol

Just some other ginger guy!

Some of the names mentioned.. I think people are fantasizing and need a reality check.

we are second bottom of the league and have little or no money to spend… January might be some wheeling and dealing but no marquee signings.

that’s not an attractive nor appealing proposition to people who have recently won the Europa league or are of the same ilk…

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Some of the names mentioned.. I think people are fantasizing and need a reality check.

we are second bottom of the league and have little or no money to spend… January might be some wheeling and dealing but no marquee signings.

that’s not an attractive nor appealing proposition to people who have recently won the Europa league or are of the same ilk…

So you're telling me Pochetino is a goer? :D

• Haha 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

So you're telling me Pochetino is a goer? :D

he might have been at the beginning of the season  :Dbut he’s got nothing to gain from sorting someone’s spectacular mess out when he’s got no money  to do said clean up!

Just now, MPH said:

I’d love him here but our chances of getting a decent manager in are slipping away with every defeat..

It was a joke, of course he wouldn't come here. 

18 months ago, we'd have been a very attractive proposition. 

Now, it's Big Sam or someone of that ilk to keep us up.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Granted we're not exactly catch of the day currently, and I agree that some of the common shouts (most notably Pochettino) are more than a little fanciful, but I do think any coach worth his salt would look at our team and fancy their chances of producing something with it. We're second bottom because the squad has been horrendously managed and had its confidence loudly and repeatedly shattered, not because it's a bad squad. If potential recruits were given assurances that keeping us up would see them backed next summer with a genuine refresh (i.e. not what ended up happening in the last window), I don't think it should be beyond us to attract some decent candidates - although, as you rightly say, our pulling power is being steadily eroded while Rodgers is allowed to carry on stinking the place out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Granted we're not exactly catch of the day currently, and I agree that some of the common shouts (most notably Pochettino) are more than a little fanciful, but I do think any coach worth his salt would look at our team and fancy their chances of producing something with it. We're second bottom because the squad has been horrendously managed and had its confidence loudly and repeatedly shattered, not because it's a bad squad. If potential recruits were given assurances that keeping us up would see them backed next summer with a genuine refresh (i.e. not what ended up happening in the last window), I don't think it should be beyond us to attract some decent candidates - although, as you rightly say, our pulling power is being steadily eroded while Rodgers is allowed to carry on stinking the place out.

Not picking a fight or having a go, but what names would you suggest out of these managers "worth their salt"?

On 14/10/2022 at 18:15, Samilktray said:

Sean Dyche wouldn’t have had us playing the football we played when we won the title 

Maybe but we also wouldnt look as soft as mashed potatoes either.

Just not a fan of excessive passing personally, so yes I do want a change in how we play.  I also dont think it suits players like Barnes.

Edited by Chrysalis