Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Stockport County (A) Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If we get turned over after selecting an untried group of young players then he'll get even more lambasting for disrespecting the competition. 

We're playing Stockport. That's kind of the gig. There's no winning. Just proving competency when the gap between levels is this vast.

Just now, BigGibbo said:

I didn't say weak team full of kids, but to not even attempt to blood one of them against league two relegation fodder? Spineless.

The 'weak' team full of kids at Prem level should still beat them anyway with half a decent manager just FYI.

Many in the starting 11 need minutes for the PL (Tielemans), or if they are called on in the PL (eg Vest, Cags, Praet…). Why would you not give them minutes? We’re in a right scrap in the league in case no one has noticed! 

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Many in the starting 11 need minutes for the PL (Tielemans), or if they are called on in the PL (eg Vest, Cags, Praet…). Why would you not give them minutes? We’re in a right scrap in the league in case no one has noticed! 

Many in the start XI. Goes on to name 1 player :D

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

That goes for 5 or 6 of them. I'm saying there should be a mix of young lads and experience and most importantly a chance for some of our young lads that deserve it.

1 minute ago, The_Rorab said:

What this selection tells me is the only way to get into Rodgers' team as a youth player is an incredible injury crisis or smashing it on loan. Good thing we've loaned out about 3 youth players total!

It needs both, KDH didn't get a proper look in until December despite coming back pre season more prepared than everyone else.

He was always going to play an experienced side in this one, and don’t mind playing the likes of Soyuncu, Praet, Iheanacho with a point to prove.

Only one for me is - he had an opportunity to send a message to Vestergaard by picking an academy CB next to Soyuncu. A “get out of the club, you’re never going to get a chance to prove yourself here” sort of message

I’ve changed my opinion on Rodgers and I’m firmly in the out category, but to criticise him for playing a full strength team in a cup competition which is one of only three chances in to get in to Europe is trying to find issues that aren’t there.

See it as a preseason friendly to get players fitness and you’ll see why we’ve gone full strength in the starting 11 and on the bench.

Players need minutes and there are obvious fatigue issues within the first team squad, so giving people 90 mins, others 60 and the subs 30 mins makes complete sense to me.

Why we have fatigue issues at his stage of the season is another question, but I don’t see playing this game to try and sort it out as a negative thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

We're playing Stockport. That's kind of the gig. There's no winning. Just proving competency when the gap between levels is this vast.

There might not be no winning but there's certainly plenty of losing. 

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Well they’re all contenders to start or no 2 for their position. Bit of a mute point isn’t it…

It is, we've got a manager that's been here over 3 years and only dipped into the academy during injury crises, despite having plenty of opportunity to give them a go at other times.

We should know he's not going to try and develop academy players by now.