Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers appreciation thread

3 minutes ago, teblin said:

I think that’s it.

2 of our highest finishes ever in the top flight, if not for Covid I think we’d have made the champions league in the 1st one and an FA cup win. Our 5th place finishes were the 1st time we qualified for Europe via a league finish. So we have to appreciate the achievements, and it’s a shame we missed one of those seasons being there in person.

but since the FA cup win we have been on a decline and that can’t be ignored either. So it may be a case of thanks for the good times but it’s time for a change.

This is pretty much where I’ve been at for 8 months at least. 

• Like 1

The FA Cup, despite some posters thinking we somehow fluked it or had a lucky draw when you could argue almost every cup run since the dawn of time had an element of luck.

We 'only' played 2 teams who finished in the championship league places that season, as did the winners in 2020 and 2022.

Also if we are going to rightly say its his fault we're in our current mess then he equally deserves credit for his contribution to the FA Cup win, cant have it both ways.

• Like 4

Injuries last season and finances/lack of investment haven’t helped. Add poor recruitment and being unable to shift deadwood - potentially toxic. You could argue he’s been outmanoeuvred by these circumstances.

I think his style of football is one way for a mature top level football club to play. I would like to see us capable of having a plan b though. 

Of course you’ve got to give him the FA Cup win.

We also gave him a lot. The Maguire and Chilwell money. The season without a major sale. A very good squad to start with. 

However, overall you judge a manager on where they leave you. Are we in a better than where he found us ? No. A lot of good things of the club have been destroyed too. I always remember his quote after we lost 1-0 to Newcastle in his first half season here. Perez scored. He said we will be a lot better at breaking teams down who sit like this. We just struggled against League 2, Stockport who did the exact same thing. 

I’ll appreciate him when he leaves.

• Like 2

Winning an FA Cup against all odds.

Taking this rag tag bunch of footballing wannabees to 5th place twice.

Who can forget the brave 1-1 draw at home to European powerhouses Spartak Moscow.

Spending more money than any other manager has ever done at the club.

Singlehandedly kept bookstores afloat with his notepad purchases.

I dread to think where we'd be without the great man.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

No more propaganda left, it has been well and truly exhausted over the last 2 seasons or so 

Thanks for the Fa Cup win.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out 

Trap doors can be made with simple grass coloured tarpaulin, no need for doors.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

No more propaganda left, it has been well and truly exhausted over the last 2 seasons or so 

Thanks for the Fa Cup win.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out 

That's a big statement from you!

• Like 3