Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers appreciation thread

His first 2 and a half seasons here were very successful. The clubs first ever FA cup, 2 x 5th place finishes to qualify for Europe and played some bloody good football at times. Time for him to kindly f off now after the last 12 months. 

There's no need to take anything away from his first two seasons, because they were great overall, with the obvious caveats.

We'll always have:

8 straight league wins

0-9

Beating Arsenal, Spurs, Man City and Man United away in the same season

FA Cup

PSV Away

• Like 3

Made a good start.

Recruitment has been poor, both on the pitch and in the backroom.

FA Cup win obviously incredible but the cracks were showing at that point.

The team has changed to fit his image and is mentally weak and caves under pressure. It had the talent to finish in the top 4, 100%.

Edited by Bryn

He has & like any other manager a time I will give them…

Sorry last seasons chronic injury crisis, was a defining factor..
3 backbone high quality playing positions were devastated..

2CB positions, never a settled pairing,because of injuries

the DM position,Ndidi has lost at present his world class-potential form.

HE IS STILL NOT RIGHT & yes may need more games…Though Mendy proved a good replacement,we still picked Ndidi hoping he would find his groove,but so

in & out,forced us to stutter between his injuries & should of involved Mendy more.

our playmaker Maddison, & Barnes, were major injury doubts, and only to the backend of the season,did Maddison rekindle his top form..Barnes was sporadic,

again massive injury,then hard knocks…

Add then Tielemans drop in form.

Ricardo..massive,massive injury,

short return,then 3-4 times..wham !! another major injury…Whole bline was then

a pick n mix routine.

So for me Rodgers/any manager,gets a certain amount of cart-blanch.

Where rightly he has been questioned,even with fringe players, were/is the expected quality performance delivery,and match discipline, & game-management.

from a well payed squad..& team management..

95% of the noise from within this forum has been cynical & toxic,over cherry-picking individual statements. Building up pure rubbish and out of context,everyday football-manager interviews..
He has over the last season & upfront, never used injuries as a get out.

supported all his  players..Said several times in different ways the responsibility 

lays at his feet..

And later in the season ( like any manager)rightly IMO where lack of onfield discipline & game Management, became a regular mishap…called out the team,or

individual areas, but never hitting on individual players..And again did question their mental discipline after trying to set up mini-game safe guards.

This idea he pushes the blame on others and certain posters,twisting unimportant

football managers secondary interview words,as a massive character flaw,& that he has history…what a load of pathetic crap…

Every manager/person has history ,strong & weak characteristics…

Many have decided to run their own hate campaign,and misuse & twist every word or action, though the Worlds end depended on it…

For me Like I said,he /any manager IMO has in our situation carte-Blanche

to move from one season into the other..To remember some carried baggage,

but put to the side & forget the other…That means both the positive & negative

suitcases..:twitch:

We have another situation & different parables are being chucked in squad & Rodgers areas. Plus now we have an immature brat,who’s lost his dummy causing

Us a defensive ( we thought was 2-3 yr settled issue) problem & dilema.

Tielemans issue is not from the norm,for me he’s done nothing wrong on &off the field…one big worry,like Ndidi, he ain’t bringing his form…

And we are not moving players on,

or being able to bring in “potential star players”

whatever..IMO I expect any manager to get my club,squad, and team to deliver

consistent entertaining football..

All mitigating consequences to the side,no matter how hard many issues might be,

Like I mentioned from last season…He has 10-12 games of this season to put us back on track performance wise..He took over a club with a fearless fighting spirit,

I don’t expect super football,but a balance of committed players & staff,who just don’t turn up,but are showing they want to be here…& use their Leicester showcase,to consistently perform & play entertaining football..

All mitigating sideshows play now,no role…Rodgers time to deliver on the on pitch

ritural of playing the simple game..

I’m not particularly a fan of BR, but arguing that he’s solely responsible for our current predicament seems both simplistic and counterfactual.

I’m not sure how BR can be blamed for the increase in LCFC wages to turnover ratio. We have a few years to sort this out, but failed to do so (I assume we naïvely assumed  continuous European football).

I acknowledge his poor recruiting has exasperated the situation, but if he was given complete control, this in itself is a criticism of our senior management team.

His record here is good but performances over last 12-18 months and inability to address consistent issues like set piece defending, Kasper not commanding his box are major flaws for a supposed elite coach. I’d also argue he is too inflexible and doesn’t use the pool of players available to him to generate new tactical approaches. 

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

His record here is good but performances over last 12-18 months and inability to address consistent issues like set piece defending, Kasper not commanding his box are major flaws for a supposed elite coach. I’d also argue he is too inflexible and doesn’t use the pool of players available to him to generate new tactical approaches. 

If he had the cku3bs best interest at heart he woukd go.  Even holloway knew this.

2 hours ago, turlo said:

His first 2 and a half seasons here were very successful. The clubs first ever FA cup, 2 x 5th place finishes to qualify for Europe and played some bloody good football at times. Time for him to kindly f off now after the last 12 months. 

The two 5th place finishes were disastrous 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

5th when the squad deserved 3rd was an under achievement (i didn't notice this earlier so i am just tidyng up, )

The team may have deserved 3rd, the squad certainly did not, then injuries and fatigue happen. It sure was disappointing from where we were no doubt though.

Think we are all square with responses now. :)