Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

We've been a role model for numerous clubs and fans around the world 👏🏽. We, with them, are trying to fight the stupid money, rule breaking and sports washing of the Premier (Super) League 👿

There's more to football than the Premier League.

That's a pretty decent legacy for City 🦊

It's always a rollercoaster 🎢 💪🏾 and that's why supporting 🦊 is 💙

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Not enjoying Alan Smith on sky with his report, seems to be relishing this, might be just me. Loves calling us a yo-yo club

And talking about us signing Bertrand and Vertergaard last summer. The guys a clueless moron!

It’s fair to be honest. No way we should have been in this mess but too to bottom (🤣) mismanagement had led us here. Stupid decisions made by halfwits. In business, and this is business, you get what you deserve if you keep making bad decisions. 

Players, of course, have not helped at all. Most of them have been piss poor and lacked professional pride. 

Sad, but not the end. We will rise again. 

9 minutes ago, pkonline said:

We've been a role model for numerous clubs and fans around the world 👏🏽. We, with them, are trying to fight the stupid money, rule breaking and sports washing of the Premier (Super) League 👿

There's more to football than the Premier League.

That's a pretty decent legacy for City 🦊

It's always a rollercoaster 🎢 💪🏾 and that's why supporting 🦊 is 💙

Love this. So true 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We have the basis of a side with good players who are under contract, if they have no relegation clause there is no reason why we can’t keep those players and challenge next season 

With our wage bill and reduced commercial revenues we will need to sell a number of key assets. Madders and Barnes will push for a move for sure.

21 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

We'd have been relegated before today. 

You're a halfwit. 

So? Does being relegated last week make it any worse? It’s the same outcome. 

The people who hounded the board, claiming ‘anyone’ would do better with those players have clearly been proven wrong. 

Dean Smith was a shocking appointment 

• Haha 2

Just now, Onions said:

The people who hounded the board, claiming ‘anyone’ would do better with those players have clearly been proven wrong. 

Dean Smith was a shocking 

Brendan Fraudgers is 20 times more responsible for relegation than Dean Smith.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Onions said:

Dean Smith was a shocking appointment 

But our only option when we sacked Rodgers so late in the season. That’s the issue. Our options were so much better a year ago, even 5 months ago.

With 10 games left we were going to struggle whoever we got. The players had gone.

• Like 1

I'm gutted for you all. The only positive thing I can think of is that you could have a good season next year and I've always preferred winning in the Championship then losing in the Premiership. Look what Burnley have done with less resources than Leicester have.

Get the right manager in and you can easily come straight back up.

3 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

With our wage bill and reduced commercial revenues we will need to sell a number of key assets. Madders and Barnes will push for a move for sure.

I don’t fully understand the way it works with FFP but if we could retain Barnes and Nacho,  Castagne, VK,Thomas and Justin, Mendy and KDH, Souttar and Faes, we have a chance to challenge.

we have no idea what’s in their contracts, Vardy as much as I love him is a huge drain on the wage bill, it might be a blessing for us if someone comes in for him, although he may be on a reduced wage now.

Just now, Mick_1960 said:

I'm gutted for you all. The only positive thing I can think of is that you could have a good season next year and I've always preferred winning in the Championship then losing in the Premiership. Look what Burnley have done with less resources than Leicester have.

Get the right manager in and you can easily come straight back up.

Thanks for the optimism but citing Burnley is neither here nor there. 

Look what half the Premier League have done with less resources than Leicester have. 

Our brains trust only woke up a few days ago.This isn't getting any better. 

As bad as we feel now, we will come to terms with it, to a degree, during the summer.

However, when next seasons fixtures come out and then the first home match, where you notice a fraction of the media coverage, photographers and cameras, it really hits you again.

Bit of a warning to our younger fans

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don’t fully understand the way it works with FFP but if we could retain Barnes and Nacho,  Castagne, VK,Thomas and Justin, Mendy and KDH, Souttar and Faes, we have a chance to challenge.

we have no idea what’s in their contracts, Vardy as much as I love him is a huge drain on the wage bill, it might be a blessing for us if someone comes in for him, although he may be on a reduced wage now.

Kieran Maguire has recently commented on this - we can expect commercial reviews to be circa 40% of the PL. likely there will be redundancies on the non football side, We have 7-8 out of contract this Summer, a similar number in 12 months and few sellable assets outside of Madders, Barnes and Kels. Also we have raised loans against future EPL revenues with Macquarie Bank. It ain’t looking great tbh.

Edited by JimmyC74

24 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So people will now lose their jobs, but the players will probably be on the phone to their agents securing a move away, I really hope the club plays hard ball and holds out as long as it can for top dollar but I doubt it. Also hope we get rid of he leaches who wont want to leave but again I doubt it. 

Nah! We're in more trouble than most seem to realise.

All our best players gone. A load of muck that we can't shift on Champions League wages stinking the place out hanging around to collect their pension and our finances in turmoil so we can't spend half as much as we're expecting.

Fingers crossed we get lucky and bounce straight back up as I don't much fancy administration and a season ticket in League One again.

• Sad 1