Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We will be in a world of trouble financially too right?

Most likely, hence why the poor attempts at saving money will end up costing us dearly. 1) not sacking Brendan 2) Not paying Kasper his existing salary

FTW1hfEWIAAmsIQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

2 defeats to Southampton, we are in big trouble, for the first time I saw that our players actually realised we are in serious danger and showed some urgency.

I don’t believe we have the spirit, heart or fight to get ourselves out of this mess we are in. Manager needs to go for starters.

The mentality of the squad is all over the place and things just seem so disjointed. The way we've squandered leads or struggle to get back into games this season leads me to believe the mentality isn't there to get the points to just survive. 

April is a big month in terms of fixtures. I can't see us getting what we need, especially when you see how other teams seem to be playing even if they are shit. Look at Bournemouth today, nearly grabbed a point or 3 at Arsenal. 

• Like 2

Chelsea (H)

Brentford (A) - then it is an international break.

This is the last chance - act or it's relegation!

Edited by Tuna

26 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Probably ~60% of our fanbase is totally deluded/ willing to forgive anything.

The current level of performance puts me in little doubt we are going down.

The fact the fans haven’t turned n Rodgers basically proves (rightly or wrongly) that we have a Championship fanbase that is glad to be making up the numbers in the top tier. 

So many around us in the away end didn't join in with "We want Rodgers out!" today. Says it all really. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The perfect storm - poor management - inability to motivate, make appropriate substitutions, poor tactics, Poor season - Barnes, Catagne, Vardy, Ndidi, Bad signings - Tete, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Daka, Soumare. False promise - Thomas, Ward, DH. Falling out - Soyuncu, Schmeichel. Injuries- Evans, Ricardo and almost everyone = relegation

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

One glimmer of hope is that you still created decent chances today and should have scored at least one goal. 

I don't know what the xG was but I imagine it would be better than Southamptons.

xG was 2.09-1.52 in our favour. I'm Brendan out, but in fairness we created more than enough to win the game comfortably.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

xG was 2.09-1.52 in our favour. I'm Brendan out, but in fairness we created more than enough to win the game comfortably.

Creating more isn’t converting more and that’s what matters! We won the league against the stats. Stats are a load of rubbish 

6 hours ago, hejammy said:

We are at the crossroads. If BR isn't out by the next game we get relegated and the club potentially in financial ruin. If he is out we survive. It's frankly as simple as that. 

It's moot since BR runs the club and stays until he's ready to go, but we've left it too long.  No half-decent manager will come in for a team on the brink now when they can wait till the summer and likely be able to start fresh somewhere.  Leeds had to go with about their 8th choice and Soton keep their interim, and we're weeks past when they fired their managers.