Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'm afraid it's going to take relegation for Top to wake up and realise that Brendan isn't perhaps as good as he and some of the media say he is! Even then, I think he might even think Rodgers might be the man to rebuild and get us back into the Premiership.

Deluded Top doesn't seem to have the nous to run the club and the board must apparently be of a similar mind on the surface. £10m would have been a small price to pay to get rid of the charlatan bloodsucker compared to the 100m loss relegation could bring. 

Drop Top a line I am sure he would be grateful for your insight as he won’t have realised this….he only runs a billion dollar business !

Literally got to the point that looking to next season, I’d rather be in the championship with a new manager in charge than in the PL with Rodgers in charge…

Of course the preferred options are, he goes this morning and we stay up or even he somehow keeps us up and is gone in the summer. But if staying up means he stays, it will just delay the inevitable to next season so would rather it just happens this season.

The unspeakable fifth thing that could happen is he takes us down and stays to preside over a campaign in the Championship but that doesn’t bare thinking about…

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've 7 points from the 10 PL games since the restart after the World Cup, and 6 of those have come from the new player bounce that is now long gone.

We are so bollocksed it is actually astonishing. We'll not only go down without action, but we will quite possibly finish bottom.

What a disgrace, its unforgivable. I don't give a single flying fcuk what this current manager or ownership have done in the past, this is diabolical and I'm not accepting any excuses for it. Relegation could bury us and I'm in no mood to accept that's just the law of averages at work. 

The whole place needs ripping apart and rebuilding. I hope there's some very unhappy employees and senior staff of Leicester City at the minute who can hold themselves accountable but seeing the way the club is being ran on and off the field, I highly doubt that. We are revolting.

Didn't take Rodgers long to drain all the creativity out of Tete, did it?

• Sad 1

He lost the plot at the beginning of the season and never really got over that. Board spent too much on new training ground and nothing on the Team. 

Yesterday against Southampton was a big game for me a chance to show passion, pace and a plan. We did not of these things so I feel unless we inject some new management which I cannot see them doing we will go down. 

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

What worries me is the calibre of the players we can keep, or attract to the club if we do get relegated. Will be a completely different "summer reset" to anything resembling the one we were hoping for.

As long as BR has gone, we will be the most attractive team in the league. There will be a world of players from the Football League and overseas leagues we can attract that would be low cost. I have confidence in Glover and what he could do. 

I actually find the prospect quite exciting to be honest!

Home form will be key.  I'm optimistic that we can stay up.  We have 7 home games left, 5 of them against teams around us.  Our destiny is well within our own hands - the players need to step up as does the manager, no doubt, but the fans do too.  Make it the noisy KP that we once loved!

Pretty much all the other teams at the bottom end have a fair few games against top half teams at home, with the exception of Palace and Wolves.

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Home form will be key.  I'm optimistic that we can stay up.  We have 7 home games left, 5 of them against teams around us.  Our destiny is well within our own hands - the players need to step up as does the manager, no doubt, but the fans do too.  Make it the noisy KP that we once loved!

Pretty much all the other teams at the bottom end have a fair few games against top half teams at home, with the exception of Palace and Wolves.

Have you seen our home record this year lol 

• Like 1

Definitely going down. Badly run football club.

Bad owner

Bad leadership

Bad manager

Bad players (except Maddison who is currently a rolls Royce stuck in a Fiat Punto showroom).

All the markings of a team going down.

We’ve let ourselves go so badly that we’d be no loss to this league. Both teams yesterday had some glory days but it’s over no, when you don’t stay on top of your project use ridiculous excuses and fail to compete you can’t sit at the top table. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We've 7 points from the 10 PL games since the restart after the World Cup, and 6 of those have come from the new player bounce that is now long gone.

We are so bollocksed it is actually astonishing. We'll not only go down without action, but we will quite possibly finish bottom.

What a disgrace, its unforgivable. I don't give a single flying fcuk what this current manager or ownership have done in the past, this is diabolical and I'm not accepting any excuses for it. Relegation could bury us and I'm in no mood to accept that's just the law of averages at work. 

The whole place needs ripping apart and rebuilding. I hope there's some very unhappy employees and senior staff of Leicester City at the minute who can hold themselves accountable but seeing the way the club is being ran on and off the field, I highly doubt that. We are revolting.

No doubt there will be  non playing and non coaching staff that could lose their jobs if we go down too

I don't want to go down, the championship is so hard to get out of.

But as painful as it may be, I just want now whatever outcome to this season that gets Rodgers out, even if its losing every single remaining game.

His post match interview yesterday nearly made my head burst with anger.

9 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

I have some sympathy - because it’s hard to turn on a bloke that was in charge when we won the FA Cup and finished 5th twice in a row.

I’ve always argued that his achievements at Leicester (which are laudable and should not be downplayed) meant that he deserved time to turn it around when we started to struggle last year.

Unfortunately though, he’s had enough time and shown he can’t improve the situation.

It’s a real shame. But there are very few managers that can reinvent a team past four years in charge.

Ideally the fans wouldn’t have to turn on him at all, because he’s been a great manager for us when you zoom out a bit.

But the owners made a fateful mistake by giving him that mega contract and now seem unable to back out of it, even though the drop-off is obvious for all to see. 

If we get relegated, considering the squad he inherited then on balance he will have been a bad manager for us despite the FA cup. That's my opinion at least, I'm sure a few on here will disagree.

Top 8 player wage bill

One off the highest paid coaches outside top4

Elite training ground

There can be no excuses for the level of underperformance this season collectively and by several individuals.

NOW is the time to act!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Drop Top a line I am sure he would be grateful for your insight as he won’t have realised this….he only runs a billion dollar business !

And of course running that business has given him special powers to be able to ignore the shit show that anyone with a half a footballing brain can see. 

I keep hearing this phrase Sleepwalking into relegation. Really? The manager is awake, so are the players, so is King Power. But they have had plenty of chances to do something about it and have failed. If the S'hampton result isn't enough to spark a reaction then nothing will. We are going down. We are a club in crisis. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spudulike said:

I keep hearing this phrase Sleepwalking into relegation. Really? The manager is awake, so are the players, so is King Power. But they have had plenty of chances to do something about it and have failed. If the S'hampton result isn't enough to spark a reaction then nothing will. We are going down. We are a club in crisis. 

Are they awake? No action is being taken at all, that is the definition of being asleep at the wheel.

Exactly this 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Are they awake? No action is being taken at all, that is the definition of being asleep at the wheel.

They are a multi-million pound business. They are awake but can't or won't do anything about it. Lack of action or even a plan has brought us to this situation. It's a mystery why this has been allowed to happen. 

They are a multi-million pound business. They are awake but can't or won't do anything about it. Lack of action or even a plan has brought us to this situation. It's a mystery why this has been allowed to happen. 

To me it smacks of blind faith tbh and that is the definition of insanity in this situation. Not sane at all, we need a change of manager.