Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

39 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

What's the streaming games situation like in the Championship these days? 

Last time we were in that league I had to resort to bloody RL every weekend 

I think every game is on like Blades Player, R’s Player type thing.

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair play for saying something but it's worrying to see him say "we'll be fine" if we carry on like this. The arrogance of the manager setting the tone.

Jesus christ! The standards at this football club 

• Like 1

I hate to say it but I think we'll drop. We're losing too many games to lesser teams and unfortunately it's those results that decide your fate. That performance on Saturday was abysmal. I just hope if Brendan isn't going to get the boot that he at least has the decency to stick around until relegation is confirmed although I suspect he'll jump ship the moment it looks inevitable but isn't mathematically confirmed. 

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair play for saying something but it's worrying to see him say "we'll be fine" if we carry on like this. The arrogance of the manager setting the tone.

I'm a big fan of Madders but I'm sorry those comments are rather worrying. That was not a good performance at the weekend and I don't think Tanner was incorrect with his assessment. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well done, James. 

Also, might be good if a few of the players are pissed off now after reading that. Get them fired up to prove themselves on Saturday. 

• Like 3

I think people on here are taking those comments out of context. We created lots of chances Saturday and a good striker, in good form, would have at least had a hat trick. That's probably where the "we'll be fine" comes from.

Fair play to Maddison for saying something and not just coming out with the same standard shite, I admire him for that and his honesty in interviews.

• Like 3

I don't mind that from Maddison, I doubt he truly believes what he's just said though. They know they've got to be better and whatever is is that's put them in this position, if they aren't united or have downed tools then it's game over anyway.

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be fair it is possible to simultaneously think that: A) on another day we would have won that, B) have that many chances most games and we'll get enough points and C) we can't have too many more games where we come away talking about ifs and maybes

They're not mutually exclusive stances

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If anything, shows balls and leadership from Maddison and if it creates some sort of siege mentality then I'm all for it

Its not a siege mentality though. Its a mentality of we're too good to go down and if we keep doing what we are doing we'll be fine.

Absolutely no acknowledgement to how honking they've been and how in trouble they really are. Its delusion and its going to send us down. 

• Like 2

Well he's not wrong is he? Some of our fans really do astound. Over dramatic headlines do not help at all, and this forum is the exact type of negativity he's on about. Come out and support the boys be really loud on Saturday if not stay at home and boo into the radio. We missed 4 clear chances, and should have easily won.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its not a siege mentality though. Its a mentality of we're too good to go down and if we keep doing what we are doing we'll be fine.

Absolutely no acknowledgement to how honking they've been and how in trouble they really are. Its delusion and its going to send us down. 

I'm not saying his response is a siege mentality. I'm saying that if Maddison is willing to check and challenge a journalist, publicly, then it could be indicative of growing siege mentality within the club - "we'll show them" - which can only be a good thing? 

We were bad on Saturday. Losing to the bottom side in a crucial 6-pointer was a hugely damaging result. We would likely win that game 7/8 times out of 10, with the chances we had. Those aren't mutually exclusive facts. 

• Like 1