Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

my most optimistic predictions has this as the final table:

Screenshot_20230306-1327212.thumb.png.aa119d49780fd63e2d095f3db0ce2009.png

comes to the last day needing a point though and we're goners.

The worrying thing for me was shown up in the game against Blackburn. They had Pearson levels of work ethic and commitment. Forest, Everton & Bournemouth in their last game also showed they have that. We lack it and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was us that went down. 

34 minutes ago, Dames said:

Most of this is like trying to decipher hieroglyphics but from what I can tell he doesn't need to throw out negatives to appease anyone and imo he should have just kept quiet instead of having a pop at a Journo, he said what he had to say on Saturday after the game.  

So you would of preferred..:dunno: but he didn’t keep quiet..

both side have the right to comment

So I am not taking sides…sometimes there isn’t a side to take..

But. Maddison put a players point of view,wanting to show,they are not giving up,and there is fight & belief from their side…

Whereas Tanner is a sports journalist & wrote his POV…

3 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

What's the streaming games situation like in the Championship these days? 

Last time we were in that league I had to resort to bloody RL every weekend 

They have a thing called iFollow

£10 a game to watch if available

15 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

The worrying thing for me was shown up in the game against Blackburn. They had Pearson levels of work ethic and commitment. Forest, Everton & Bournemouth in their last game also showed they have that. We lack it and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was us that went down. 

Sadly you might be right

Edited by Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

my most optimistic predictions has this as the final table:

Screenshot_20230306-1327212.thumb.png.aa119d49780fd63e2d095f3db0ce2009.png

comes to the last day needing a point though and we're goners.

Jesus so these predictions also think our goal difference is going to plummet to be 'minus 18' worse than it is at present and that we'll scrape past with a chronic goal difference as that ?! Wow! 

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Arrogant attitude from Maddison. All hypothetical as we didn’t put the chances away. 

We had 4 decent chances, Iheanacho x 3 and Souttar. Not every chance will ever go in so on an average to good day, 2 or 3 of them go in. Meanwhile they did score 1 and missed a penalty, a better chance than all ours. So if we’re playing the ‘boo hoo if we’d scored our chances’ game, I’m assuming we are counting Southampton should have had 2? So we’d have only drawn or scraped a win most times anyway!

Complete lack of acknowledgment as to where the issues lie. If you’re having to score 2 week in week out to even draw a game, you’re ****ed if your striker has an off day like Kel did. 

I'd suggest we have had more games in the last 1-2 years where we have luckily picked up points then dropped points when we should of got a result. Poor game management usually catches us out if we are actually fortunate to be leading at any point.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

It pains me to say this but I've had a few quid on us to be relegated as well. I seriously hope I'm wrong and I lose the money because it will be devastating to go down after everything we've achieved. But if we can't even manage a shot on target against a rubbish Southampton, it's not looking good. Kristiansen and Tielemans are injured, and possibly Barnes now as well. The league is getting even more competitive and I see a lot more fight and passion to pick up points from the teams around us. We've got players running down contracts who don't want to be here, a manager most of the fan base have run out of patience with. And the problems don't even end there. But when you combine all of those factors, it's the perfect storm.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just did this too. 

Thankfully, I have us on 34 points by the end of the penultimate game. I say thankfully, because West Ham are in 18th, joint on 28pts with Bournemouth, and Southampton bottom on 25pts. Everton in 17th on 29 points. So it's be a 3-way fight to avoid the drop. 

It's nothing to be proud or happy about really if this did come to fruition. The season would have still been very, very average at best for the most part. 

I put us down for wins against Villa (H), Bournemouth, Everton. And draws against Wolves and West Ham. 

11 points gained and we finish 14th on 35 points, same as Leeds but better GD... 

image001.png.aacdd15112f410417b02809f3a7a6e27.png

Basically we've survived because teams below are shitter than us, as opposed to anything good we've done. 

Would take that, finish the season and clean house. 

Even pessimistic me still has us finishing comfortably above the drop, had us picking up 0 "shock" points, perhaps I've been a little too negative on the teams around us.

What I have noticed is Palace play everybody below them in the run in, it'll be vital we get the 3 points against them, they'll have a big say in what happens at the bottom.

Not too fussed about what others do around us, they will obviously pick up extra points to what I've predicted, but as long as it isn't against us I believe we have enough.

IMG_20230306_174221.jpg

Edited by wardyfox86

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

It pains me to say this but I've had a few quid on us to be relegated as well. I seriously hope I'm wrong and I lose the money because it will be devastating to go down after everything we've achieved. But if we can't even manage a shot on target against a rubbish Southampton, it's not looking good. Kristiansen and Tielemans are injured, and possibly Barnes now as well. The league is getting even more competitive and I see a lot more fight and passion to pick up points from the teams around us. We've got players running down contracts who don't want to be here, a manager most of the fan base have run out of patience with. And the problems don't even end there. But when you combine all of those factors, it's the perfect storm.

Yep. I'm resigned to it. Worst, I can't even see us bouncing straight back. 

Based on the quality we have in our squad most people would, even now, still make the assumption that we'll survive. The Bookies, fans of other teams and many of our own fans will continue to believe this. Unfortunately, I and most others on here have a real fear that the club, players and especially Rodgers are not equipped to win a fight. Had we really rolled our sleeves up and fought tooth and nail on Saturday Southampton would have capitulated. We would have moved up to 12th in the table and Southampton would have been all but relegated. When the chips are down history shows that Rodgers almost invariably comes up short. He will not change his approach and if we are still 'fighting' for survival with 2 or 3 games to play we will be relegated.

We have it all....

The perfect recipe!!!!

- Egotistical, below average football coach

- Incompetent, out of touch owner and board members.

- Winching, complaining non reactive football fans

- Heartless, soulless football players whom act and talk like primadonnas.

Yes we have the perfect recipe to be relegated.

Frankly, we bloody deserve it too.

13 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

We have it all....

The perfect recipe!!!!

- Egotistical, below average football coach

- Incompetent, out of touch owner and board members.

- Winching, complaining non reactive football fans

- Heartless, soulless football players whom act and talk like primadonnas.

Yes we have the perfect recipe to be relegated.

Frankly, we bloody deserve it too.

Still hurting about Under.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still hurting about Under.

Hahaha. Why Should I?

This worked out well for him that he was liberated and didn't have to deal with BR anymore.

Unfortunately can say the same for LCFC....

• Like 1

On a positive note.........we've got out of worse predicaments..........

The Foxes had been without a victory for almost two-and-a-half months but set off on a stunning end-of-season run, winning seven of their last nine matches – including a final-day 5-1 smashing of QPR – to eventually finish a lofty 14th. In one of those matches, at fellow relegation battlers Burnley, the Clarets missed a penalty only to watch Jamie Vardy go up the other end to score the winner in a 1-0 smash-and-grab. Then 2015/16 happened. 

Advertisement

6 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

On a positive note.........we've got out of worse predicaments..........

The Foxes had been without a victory for almost two-and-a-half months but set off on a stunning end-of-season run, winning seven of their last nine matches – including a final-day 5-1 smashing of QPR – to eventually finish a lofty 14th. In one of those matches, at fellow relegation battlers Burnley, the Clarets missed a penalty only to watch Jamie Vardy go up the other end to score the winner in a 1-0 smash-and-grab. Then 2015/16 happened. 

Advertisement

We'd had a fighting spirit back in then.

It's hard to say that we have it this time.

Really worrying and stressful times ahead

• Like 2

Relegations for everyone! (except the under 18s)

First Team only 3 points above bottom

image.png.2bf531c3616a5a6936bb3f872a1b4e6e.png

Womens Team bottom and 2 points from safety

image.png.b85286b3ea897a5bf43d8b30850a4e13.png

Under 21s bottom and 8 points from safety

image.png.1ad28f50b4296548086b1f0c757e43d9.png

Under 18s only 4 points above bottom (no relegation in that league luckily for them)

image.png.d2ae9d3ebf31265de8807622d9d8f883.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Relegations for everyone! (except the under 18s)

First Team only 3 points above bottom

Womens Team bottom and 2 points from safety

Under 21s bottom and 8 points from safety

Under 18s only 4 points above bottom (no relegation in that league luckily for them)

That makes for terrible reading, we are a mess. 

On 05/03/2023 at 17:16, The Bear said:

What platform? Oddschecker says 40/1 is the best price available. 

FanDuel. I’m in US. Still 44/1 as of now

Interestingly we went from 6.5/1 for relegation right after game Saturday to now 5/1. People are starting to catch on

Any hope we have will be gone in the next 3 games. Chelsea will beat us at home. Brentford away is not an easy place even when in form and Palace away will scare the heck out of this team. This team buckles under pressure - it’s in their make up. Just can’t see them putting a run together. Next year is going to hurt. 

10 hours ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

I've just put £100 @ 6/1on us to be relegated, l can't see where the next goal is coming from let alone the next point. Obviously l want us to win every game and will gladly lose the money if we can somehow stay up. If not £700 might soften the blow slightly.

I did the same last week and got 15/2 so figured it was worth £40. Either way it's win win. These betting companies are brave to give these sorts of odds.