Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I completely fine with us going down now. We deserve it, the club seem fine with it and it means Rodgers won't be here next season. Why should we fret? So long as there's still a club to support after this charlatan is gone

As long as this is the case, I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if he still isn’t sacked then though.

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

37 could/should be enough this season. 40 will be plenty l reckon. 

I did a predictor that has us on 38 with the bottom 3 on 31.

Wolves, Forest, Leeds, Everton, Bournemouth, West Ham and Southampton all able to stay up/go down on the last day.

41 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I completely fine with us going down now. We deserve it, the club seem fine with it and it means Rodgers won't be here next season. Why should we fret? So long as there's still a club to support after this charlatan is gone

Club is fvcked if we go down, it’s not an option, we won’t come back up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Club is fvcked if we go down, it’s not an option, we won’t come back up.

Quite possibly. They don't seem too alarmed by the prospect though. The club needs shocking into life and sadly relegation might be the only thing that can do that

I hope we manage to stay up but from what I've seen from ourselves and the other teams down there we have the least fight and urgency. Quality wise we're probably the best but we're not utilising that so it's gonna come down to mentality and that's where we're the weakest 

Edited by foxfanazer

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

An elite manager like him rubbing shoulders with Championship managers? Behave 

Well maybe he’ll walk, fingers crossed. Just not sure there is anything left that he can do that will see him actually sacked….

22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I think people on here are taking those comments out of context. We created lots of chances Saturday and a good striker, in good form, would have at least had a hat trick. That's probably where the "we'll be fine" comes from.

Fair play to Maddison for saying something and not just coming out with the same standard shite, I admire him for that and his honesty in interviews.

We didn't - the two biggest chances were goalkeeping mistakes. 

Iheanacho's back post header was a real chance - his other header would have been a wonder goal considering the pace of the free kick. 

I find the reaction by manager and players from Saturday - very spurs. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

We didn't - the two biggest chances were goalkeeping mistakes. 

Iheanacho's back post header was a real chance - his other header would have been a wonder goal considering the pace of the free kick. 

Yeah he should have scored that when the keeper gave it to him. If Ward would have done the same people would've put it down as a big chance for them.

Criminal he didn't get that or the header on target. I don't think he saw the free kick one, the ball was quick, but anywhere on target and it goes in due to the pace of the delivery.

Late to this Maddison stuff, but I’m not sure about him or Piper banging on about chances against Southampton.

They're ****ing awful and we’re the first team to leave the St Mary’s without scoring a goal. For once we’ve actually fallen below xG, but we’ve found a way to lose. Again. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

Yeah this attitude that we'll be OK based off Saturday is quite alarming. If we create that many chances etc... no - we were playing a side who it's harder to not create chances against and even then a lot of them were gifts.

Our heads are still the most firmly buried in the ground.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah this attitude that we'll be OK based off Saturday is quite alarming. If we create that many chances etc... no - we were playing a side who it's harder to not create chances against and even then a lot of them were gifts.

Our heads are still the most firmly buried in the ground.

Failure to obtain 3 points (the absolute minimum we should be getting) in the next 3 games might just change that attitude. If we lose that away game to Palace we're in deep trouble (unless we take 4-6 from Chelsea & Brentford)

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Failure to obtain 3 points (the absolute minimum we should be getting) in the next 3 games might just change that attitude. If we lose that away game to Palace we're in deep trouble (unless we take 4-6 from Chelsea & Brentford)

Palace haven't won in 2023, their three games before us are all awful - I think we all know what's coming there.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Palace haven't won in 2023, their three games before us are all awful - I think we all know what's coming there.

One for the ever obliging thread ….

It’s going to boil down to who out of Southampton, Bournemouth, Leeds and us have the less shittest run…. The danger is we’ve still got to play Bournemouth, Leeds and West Ham….. so we’re ****ed. We will more than likely lose to all of the teams below us.