Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

This club is a huge part of my life, behind my family, its bought some bad, and great memories, but at the minute I think we are definitely moving to relegation, the silence and lack of action, combined with the performances on the pitch lead me to this conclusion, it will be a sad, sad, day for me but I will still support us no matter what. I just hope and prey we do enough to stay up, and have a long hard luck at what needs sorting to get us back on track, hopefully that is underway, starting with one of the main issues, a replacement for our out of ideas, uninspiring manager, who is residing over what can only be described as everything, but a Fearless motivated Fox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan

The thing that most angers me (and I know this is all hypothetical) is that you just know, if we do get relegated, Rodgers will happily leave with the blessing of the club and walk straight back into a  Premiership job.

The media will assert that he did a great job to keep us in the division for as long as he did and that he won the FA cup.

Excuses will be trawled out like a lack of investment on the playing personnel and ‘our bad injury list’.

Not once, either by himself, the club or the media, would it be even suggested that Rodgers completely fooked things right up.

6 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Brentford

Palace

Villa

Bournemouth 

We need 7 points if not 9 from these,  can you see it ?

No chance 7 points from them.

The most favourable are the Palace and Bournemouth games, but then again I didn't expect us to put 4 goals past Spurs.

14 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Brentford

Palace

Villa

Bournemouth 

I don’t think we will get anything now. I can see us losing all of our remaining games, purely because any spark has now gone. That defeat to Southampton has done it for me. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think we will get anything now. I can see us losing all of our remaining games, purely because any spark has now gone. That defeat to Southampton has done it for me. 

We lost our last three league games and we have 13 left. Are you saying you actually believe we'll lose 16 games on the bounce?

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

We lost our last three league games and we have 13 left. Are you saying you actually believe we'll lose 16 games on the bounce?

Yep. I’ve lost any faith at all now. Even some of the players were coming out calling Southampton a must win. They’re all going to be on their arses, the board won’t act and collectively we’re just a ticking time bomb ready to self implode. 

I genuinely don’t think we will get another point under Brendan…. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Yep. I’ve lost any faith at all now. Even some of the players were coming out calling Southampton a must win. They’re all going to be on their arses, the board won’t act and collectively we’re just a ticking time bomb ready to self implode. 

I genuinely don’t think we will get another point under Brendan…. 

Fair enough. I don't share your pessimism, but maybe that's just my naturally sunny disposition clouding my judgment...

The Palace game will be interesting considering their recent results, plus they've got Arsenal/Brighton/Manchester City this month.

They could be a team to look out for in terms of dropping into the relegation battle, depending on how their April goes because they've got us/Leeds/Southampton/Wolves/Everton.

55 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Brentford

Palace

Villa

Bournemouth 

Brentford will be tough motoring on with great performances & results, if we’re on our game I can see a draw.

Palace a bit like us of late same as Brentford I’d like to say a win for us 

Villa chalk & Cheese pain in the Arse of a club I’d like to say us being at home should be a win but realistically it’ll be a draw 

Bournemouth not had the best of times out did The Gooneys in the First half but capitulated in the second I’m going for a win !

Heart says 12

Head says with recent results a possible 8?

Really hoping we pull our schitt together a cheeky win against Yanksea the weekend to start the resurgence to safety !! COYF 

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Can’t see the next win never mind at least 7 points.

I thought this before the Villa and Spurs games to be fair. 

We're basically quite unpredictable; it's feast or famine, but erring more often to the famine side, unfortunately. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we smashed one of them 5-0 then lost 1-0 to another side the week after. 

• Like 3

I just have no idea any more. I have been looking at the schedule trying to see where we will pick up 16 points and am struggling to see where they will come from. My only hope is that the other bottom clubs will do worse than us.

Let's be honest though, if we survive it will be because of Rodgers and if we fail it will be the players fault.

50 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Worryingly, the reverse of those fixtures only yielded 5 points :unsure:

That's like saying we lost to Spurs 3arlier in the season so we were never going to beat them in the reverse fixture...? 

12 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Villa, Bournemouth, wolves, Everton and West Ham at home and Leeds away.. plenty of points to pick up before the end.. keep the faith :scarf:

They’re also saying the same about playing us no doubt lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

That's like saying we lost to Spurs 3arlier in the season so we were never going to beat them in the reverse fixture...? 

I like to look on the bright side, so I would normally agree with you. However, the last few weeks of watching us repeat losing to Southampton in a fairly pathetic manner, get knocked out the cup by a championship side for the second season in a row, plus the losses to Man Utd and Arsenal has me overly aware of how fragile this team is. I've just reached the point where I have very little faith in the team to get a result at present, especially since they seem to be so intent on shooting themselves in the foot in the same ways repeatedly. Sitting behind the goal watching us play short goal kicks against Blackburn about 20 times in the first half and giving it away to set up Blackburn chances over and over until a goal and then continuing to do the same thing in the second half will do this to a person. lol

The only question now is how low do we need to go before there is a reaction from the team, hopefully it will be soon, but still fancy we will sink a little lower before we hopefully rage and start to look like we give a toss.