Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I don't see how we have any chance of staying up. Given how bad the teams in the bottom half of the league are, it's actually embarrassing that we are in this situation. Rodgers has drained all the life out of fans and players and there is no confidence and no motivation. 

• Like 1

It really beggars belief now that BR is still here. I can’t fathom it out but maybe Top has it all in hand.

Maybe the plan is for a reset, high earners gone, restructure the financial model with views to bouncing straight back from the Championship.

Or conversely he just has far too much faith in BR.

Really worrying times. We are 1 point above relegation, with West Ham currently in 18th having a game in hand over us, Southampton 3 points behind us with a game in hand on us albeit with much worse GD. 
I genuinely have no idea if we can be saved at this point, and no idea whether sacking Rodgers will turn us around this late into the season?

I've said for months, get rid of Rodgers and anyone will come in and improve us, but I'm not entirely sure this spineless squad is up for the fight. 
Problem here is, the sort of manager we may be able to entice to the premier league in the summer (Slot for example) will NEVER join us now. And the sort of managers with the quality to turn this around immediately and keep us up are going to want a longer contract than 3 months. 
So that only really leaves us with firefighter managers like Big Sam, could he genuinely get us picking up points with this squad? I know Rodgers is bad but is Sam better?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Really worrying times. We are 1 point above relegation, with West Ham currently in 18th having a game in hand over us, Southampton 3 points behind us with a game in hand on us albeit with much worse GD. 
I genuinely have no idea if we can be saved at this point, and no idea whether sacking Rodgers will turn us around this late into the season?

I've said for months, get rid of Rodgers and anyone will come in and improve us, but I'm not entirely sure this spineless squad is up for the fight. 
Problem here is, the sort of manager we may be able to entice to the premier league in the summer (Slot for example) will NEVER join us now. And the sort of managers with the quality to turn this around immediately and keep us up are going to want a longer contract than 3 months. 
So that only really leaves us with firefighter managers like Big Sam, could he genuinely get us picking up points with this squad? I know Rodgers is bad but is Sam better?

Do nothing else but replace the goalkeeper and we might stand a chance. That's the only fix I see.

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Not really sure Big Sam is the answer but he would set us up not to lose.

Captain Teflon sets us up to lose 

That’s the difference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We'd definitely get more points with big Sam in charge. We'd get some draws for starters, last week we win that 1-0 with big Sam in charge.

You could easily see us flying straight into league one with the apathetic way we are being run as a club at the moment.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

The "the club deserve and need relegation" crowd... I don't think you understand how ****ed we are (financially) if that happens. It's not like a "we need a reset" type of thing - that's such a ridiculously naive position to have. It's not like you even have to read between the lines to know this. You just have to read the actual lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will finish bottom. If Brendan stays I genuinely don’t think we will pick up another point. 

At the moment we’re the worst team in the league. One man has destroyed everything in whilst his boss has just sat and watched it all unfold. They say you find a lot out about your leaders when you’re in a tough place. We’re finding out ours are useless. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3