Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Guest glasgowfox

Hate people that say told you so.....however, said at the start of the season that if we do not sign a decent keeper we are in big trouble......now we can't.....getting rid of rodgers now is a wate of time as any manager coming in can only use some of the second hand tools we have 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We're toast. Not long left for a manager bounce to take effect. 

Just need someone to believe in the players. They look so done. Confidence is shot. 

Think it's last chance saloon now, with the international break coming up - new manager in for Palace?

Really think though it's too late now, should have sacked him months ago.

Edited by Tuna

Hate these threads so close to a loss. Full of dummy-spitting. But, right now, it’s really hard to see us stopping the decline. There have to be three teams worse than us for survival, obviously. And I just don’t think there are. It’s not about being good on paper, it’s about putting it out there on the pitch. But we just don’t. Other teams do and have picked up results we can only dream of. Sorry for being so pessimistic, but really can’t see us turning this one around. I think we’re going. 😞

4 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Hate people that say told you so.....however, said at the start of the season that if we do not sign a decent keeper we are in big trouble......now we can't.....getting rid of rodgers now is a wate of time as any manager coming in can only use some of the second hand tools we have 

I don't believe this at all.

Confidence goes a long way and there's good players in there, we've seen it in previous seasons. Brendan has lost the dressing room as cliche as it sounds. We've seen it for ages. Maddison can come out and say what he wants but it's obvious on the pitch.

Guest glasgowfox
2 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

I don't believe this at all.

Confidence goes a long way and there's good players in there, we've seen it in previous seasons. Brendan has lost the dressing room as cliche as it sounds. We've seen it for ages. Maddison can come out and say what he wants but it's obvious on the pitch.

Ward is a mare believe it or not I can't think of a worse keeper in my 50 plus years watching city.

11 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

The "the club deserve and need relegation" crowd... I don't think you understand how ****ed we are (financially) if that happens. It's not like a "we need a reset" type of thing - that's such a ridiculously naive position to have. It's not like you even have to read between the lines to know this. You just have to read the actual lines.

It will be horrible. It will be ugly. But we'll scrape by....just. Over £500k per week in player wages will be going off the payroll come the end of the season. Bin-off Brendan and his big wage too. Parachute payments. Sell Maddison, Barnes and a few others with any value (it won't cost much to assemble a competitive squad at Championship level). Sell one of Belvoir Drive or Seagrave. Postpone the stadium expansion. Who am I kidding? I'm clutching at straws here aren't I? We're buggered.

Following this club has become so joyless that I'm starting to question how much I would be bothered if we did get relegated. 

Every instinct tells me it's something I would be devastated about, but the more I think about it logically, I'm not sure. 

Do I really want to watch Rodgers blunder his was through another crop of talent for another year, while we play awful football, all against the backdrop of a terrible atmosphere? 

Is not having that next season a massive loss? Because that's what we get if we stay up.

Relegate the tosser and watch him squirm. I want heads to roll, top to bottom. That feels like a more productive outcome right now than staying in the premier league.

Maybe it's a coping mechanism, I'm not sure. But know this, we are so utterly fvcked.

• Like 2

I think we could be gone. 

I can’t see anyone wanting the job at this point. Rodgers sounded broken on RL earlier. Not one of the names mentioned are convincing me they could turn it around. 

We needed a better keeper than Danny Ward. We went all in on him last summer and he’s fell short. We’re still conceding too many soft goals for a number of reasons but a better keeper would have kept that number down. 

We have a team who don’t know how to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. They are what they are. They are going to have to play their way out of this but I think everyone has their number, get one nil up and everyone behind the ball and pick us off. 

Of all the teams at the foot of the table I think we have the fewest reasons to be optimistic about staying up. 

in 14/15 we were unlucky that results weren’t going our way, but eventually we got there. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

The "the club deserve and need relegation" crowd... I don't think you understand how ****ed we are (financially) if that happens. It's not like a "we need a reset" type of thing - that's such a ridiculously naive position to have. It's not like you even have to read between the lines to know this. You just have to read the actual lines.

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting this is what we need ,merely trying to understand what the fcuk is going on when nearly all the fans can see as clear as day what is happening.

Was reading that ultras in italy see relegation as a way to clear away the glory hunters and part timers, leaving only the loyal supporters. Couldn’t be more true with our club since the great escape, i can guarantee we all know a load who didn’t give to fooks about leicester over the years, wouldn’t have even take a free ticket. But have now been firmly attending home games, jumping on the bandwagon for these glory years and now criticize the team fully like  on their insta feed as we haven’t beaten a top team. There all be gone if we’re relegated  and good riddance, back to our usual 21-23k attendance. That’s our real  base. 

Edited by Foxes99