Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 minutes ago, Foxes99 said:

Was reading that ultras in italy see relegation as a way to clear away the glory hunters and part timers, leaving only the loyal supporters. Couldn’t be more true with our club since the great escape, i can guarantee we all know a load who didn’t give to fooks about leicester over the years, wouldn’t have even take a free ticket. But have now been firmly attending home games, jumping on the bandwagon for these glory years and now criticize the team fully like  on their insta feed as we haven’t beaten a top team. There all be gone if we’re relegated  and good riddance, back to our usual 21-23k attendance. That’s our real  base. 

The purge

Am I missing something?

He says "it's in our hands where we finish".

Is it?

Southampton and West Ham both below us have a game in hand on us, if they win their games in hand Southampton go on joint points with us (GD being our kicker), West Ham go above us.

We do still have to play West Ham.

So, the view point is it's still just about in our hands but we're hanging on with our fingernails to confidently say that.

I may have totally missed something though? :dunno:

(I'm not sure of the run in's, I guess teams might still have to play each other too, therefore one has to lose out on point or both if it a draw)

*I've totally overlooked Bournemouth, either way I still feel he's clutching to confidently be saying that.

Edited by Matt

Surviving relegation is largely a mindset. Particularly when the team has enough talent to work with. 

A half decent managerial motivator,  a change of keeper and the banning of Thomas and Soumare would mean just look up - not .down - to try and overhaul, say, Forest and Palace.  Overhaul them two - entirely doable - and we stay up (as saints are 100% nailed on to go) 

We have a massive handicap in the coming relegation scrap: half the team has no need to care about relegation because they're going anyway. Usually players don't want to trigger relegation salary clauses. There's an incentive to stay up beyond pride. But why would Tielemans, Soyuncu, Amartey etc care that much? Absolute worst situation to go into relegation

6 minutes ago, moseeds said:

We have a massive handicap in the coming relegation scrap: half the team has no need to care about relegation because they're going anyway. Usually players don't want to trigger relegation salary clauses. There's an incentive to stay up beyond pride. But why would Tielemans, Soyuncu, Amartey etc care that much? Absolute worst situation to go into relegation

I have long thought that this is a huge problem for us.

A squad full of players who won’t be here next year, led by a man who must surely know he won’t be either.

It’s the result of terrible recruitment and really poor planning. 

• Like 1

Top is to blame in no small part, he gifted Rodgers all the excuses he uses with the lack of any Summer activity. You cannot get away with one shit Summer, who can forget the Southampton amigos and one AWOL Summer in the EPL.

1 hour ago, josh_baskin said:

I’m almost wishing for relegation to spite the owners for force feeding us this garbage on and off the pitch for such a long duration of time.

Cutting my nose of to spite my face, thats how frustrating I find this situation.

Same. It'd almost be embarrassing to stay up 

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Getting rid now would be perfect timing.  A run of easier games coming up where new manager bounce might propel us towards safety.  If he doesn't go this weekend I'm convinced relegation will happen.

I'm going on the lash on Friday for St Patrick's day so I'm probably going to be too hungover to watch the game on Saturday.

If they dont force that snake out of Leicester by then and its 6 defeats in a row its curtains for us sadly.

We’re gone. A clown in goal, an unsackable manager and zero creativity. Wouldn’t be surprised if we finished bottom, all the teams around us battle and put everything on the line, we’re so soft in comparison! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes99 said:

Was reading that ultras in italy see relegation as a way to clear away the glory hunters and part timers, leaving only the loyal supporters. Couldn’t be more true with our club since the great escape, i can guarantee we all know a load who didn’t give to fooks about leicester over the years, wouldn’t have even take a free ticket. But have now been firmly attending home games, jumping on the bandwagon for these glory years and now criticize the team fully like  on their insta feed as we haven’t beaten a top team. There all be gone if we’re relegated  and good riddance, back to our usual 21-23k attendance. That’s our real  base. 

You can 100% go before the great escape for woodwork fans. Season we got promoted they crept out.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Am I missing something?

He says "it's in our hands where we finish".

Is it?

Southampton and West Ham both below us have a game in hand on us, if they win their games in hand Southampton go on joint points with us (GD being our kicker), West Ham go above us.

We do still have to play West Ham.

So, the view point is it's still just about in our hands but we're hanging on with our fingernails to confidently say that.

I may have totally missed something though? :dunno:

(I'm not sure of the run in's, I guess teams might still have to play each other too, therefore one has to lose out on point or both if it a draw)

*I've totally overlooked Bournemouth, either way I still feel he's clutching to confidently be saying that.

It is - West Ham still got to play Leeds.

• Like 1