Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

20 minutes ago, Metal Lover said:

Rotherham away, cheaper pies, more matches, maybe less hammerings. What's not to like?

Bring it on, relegation would mean huge losses to the owners and the shit show running the club, not just in financial terms but prestige, the indignity they would face next season being part of a championship club that in recent years  have gone out there way to transform the club into a business model for attracting overseas tourist fans whilst seemingly disregarding loyal longterm fans.

If relegation would mean supporting little old Leicester again, I would take that any day of the week over what the club has become now.

Edited by josh_baskin
  • Like 3

Can't see safety being much more than 35/36 points tbh. 

23 is the current cutoff with 12 games to go. At a point per game that puts it around 35 at the end of the season. I can't see many of the teams in the bottom 6 getting more than than 1 ppg. 

So I reckon 1 ppg would just about scrape safety for you on 36 points, given your GD as well. 3 wins and 3 draws. Any more than 6 more losses and you'll be in danger. 

57 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I still think you'll go on another little run (probably when you play us...) and just scrape safety. 

It's getting tighter down there though, and every club seems to pick up results every now and again. 

Our defence won't hold out. We are too easy to score against.

• Like 1

Straight after the Brentford game with someone lined up to come straight in is the very last chance we will get this season

2 weeks for them to de-Rodgers the side and probably the best run we could have with a competent manager

Unfortunately I think even if we got relegated Rodgers wouldn't get sacked and it would be "mutual agreement"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

A fair assesment of our fanbase, utterly pathetic again today. We should be screaming for every decision and intimidating the opposition but we do nothing. I even heard about a guy being ejected from the kop for swearing today, in my opinion we should be ejected for not swearing in this situation. Unfortunately the fanbase is exactly what the club have nurtured, passionless drones.

Even bringing back the clappers wouldn't be a bad idea at present to at least generate some sort of positive stadium atmosphere in such comparatively grim times!! 

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Top and his family need to take a long, hard look at themselves if we get relegated this season.

They can have all the grand plans they want but it is simply diabolical that a club that's won the PL, the FA Cup and two top 5 finishes that should have been better, can get relegated a few years later.

If we can do that from that position and success then what's the point. Hand back in the keys and move on.

This demise is arguably worse than what we saw under Peter Taylor. 

Indeed - but we've not fallen off a cliff over the courser of 'a few years' - it has taken slightly less than two years to do so since we lifted that elusive thing called the FA Cup! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Straight after the Brentford game with someone lined up to come straight in is the very last chance we will get this season

2 weeks for them to de-Rodgers the side and probably the best run we could have with a competent manager

Unfortunately I think even if we got relegated Rodgers wouldn't get sacked and it would be "mutual agreement"

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare until the end of the season?? That said they didn't do anything at Norwich of course!

3 hours ago, kyleolly said:

If and when we go down will you renew your season ticket???

Hell yeah, I'm a ****ing moron. And it'll get better again one day, maybe not better than it was, or even is now, but better than it was the game before, at least once, surely 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I still think you'll go on another little run (probably when you play us...) and just scrape safety. 

It's getting tighter down there though, and every club seems to pick up results every now and again. 

We may just bethe exception that proves the rule? 

Screenshot_20230312_000026_FotMob.thumb.jpg.43063d01851d9b659159e74ff3cb0b3a.jpg

We’re absolute dog. Joint most defeats in the league with Southampton and they have been one of the worst teams in the PL for sometime now. 

Thing is though, as crap as we are and as much as I think we’ll struggle to stay up, we’re also probably the only team who could go and win 3 or 4 in a row. We just have that about us. We can easily lose 5 in a row and then win 3 in a row. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The most telling sign now is the fact that everyone down here is getting results. Bournemouth winning a game on paper that they have no right to. Everton beating a Brentford side that you know we are just nailed on to lose to next week. I think we’ll go and it will be heartbreaking. And if what I think will happen does, those at the club with a say so, the owner most of all, should be ashamed of themselves. A total circus from top to bottom. Sickening. 

• Like 4

It’s been pointed out before, but we’re just not equipped for a relegation battle.

We’ve not won a single close game, all our wins have been by more than two goals, and of the three draws, two were only draws because we conceded in the last four minutes. When the margins have been tight we’ve fell the wrong side of it every time. There’s going to be so many tight games in the run in and no evidence we’ll get anything from them. 

• Like 1