Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

It looks inevitable now, with this clown in charge. Not many would take this job apart from some of the usual wasters. 

Persoonally I’d give iit to Ralph Hassenhutl, as I think he could possibly get us out of the championship. If he got the job this week I would have a clause that gives him say 18 months and a big bonus if in the unlikely event he  keeps us up.?

37 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

It looks inevitable now, with this clown in charge. Not many would take this job apart from some of the usual wasters. 

Persoonally I’d give iit to Ralph Hassenhutl, as I think he could possibly get us out of the championship. If he got the job this week I would have a clause that gives him say 18 months and a big bonus if in the unlikely event he  keeps us up.?

Not a bad shout, but I suspect he might turn it down. 

We are 0-9 in one goal games this season.

Has any team in the history of league football in Europe ever not won a single game by 1 goal over the course of a season? It's not like we're playing rugby or basketball.  That is one of the most astonishing stats I've ever heard.

Edited by Bats8711
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

Has any team in the history of league football in Europe ever not won a single game by 1 goal over the course of a season? It's not like we're playing rugby or basketball.  That is one of the most astonishing stats I've ever heard.

It just proves we can only win a game if the opposition totally implode or we're beating complete dross. We can't see out a tight game - I've no doubt if Villa had got a 3rd they'd have made it 4-4.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're the worst team in the league for me now. It's between us and Southampton.

Southampton are by far the worst. How we didn't beat that pile of shite I will never know. They are certainties for going down in my opinion.  At the moment I can see it being 2 from us, Notts Forest and Palace. All the others are showing some bollocks. Notts Forest are decent at home which is what has given them a chance. Palace at the moment are like us, sleepwalking into big trouble, and like us need waking up before it's too late.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

Truth is, it is a bit like basketball with us. We can't keep a clean sheet. So we go into games knowing we are going to have to score at least 2 to even have the chance of a draw. The  pressure on the team knowing that is the case, will not be helping. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

I still think you'll go on another little run (probably when you play us...) and just scrape safety. 

It's getting tighter down there though, and every club seems to pick up results every now and again. 

Give over, it’s like your just sticking the boot in when you keep saying this now!

21 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Southampton are by far the worst. How we didn't beat that pile of shite I will never know. They are certainties for going down in my opinion.  At the moment I can see it being 2 from us, Notts Forest and Palace. All the others are showing some bollocks. Notts Forest are decent at home which is what has given them a chance. Palace at the moment are like us, sleepwalking into big trouble, and like us need waking up before it's too late.

I still think Palace have too much to go down, especially given how many teams they'd have to fall behind.  But their form is certainly pretty grim at the moment.

As much as we’re the architects of our own downfall things just aren’t going our way. 

Liverpool putting 7 past Man Utd last week,  failing to score, missing a penalty and losing at Bournemouth. Brentford on a long unbeaten run….until they rocked up to Goodison yesterday, the week before they bounce back against us! The continual injury list we have one gets fit, one goes out. 

West Ham at home in 15 when the great escape began they introduced the clappers. Now I know many on here absolutely hate them and a good number would be launched at the pitch, but maybe just maybe they could create some form of atmosphere to lift the team in the remaining games.

Our biggest chant yesterday was directed at a former player, we need more than two sections of the ground getting behind the team and making some noise, necessary evil anyone? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Livid said:

As much as we’re the architects of our own downfall things just aren’t going our way. 

Liverpool putting 7 past Man Utd last week,  failing to score, missing a penalty and losing at Bournemouth. Brentford on a long unbeaten run….until they rocked up to Goodison yesterday, the week before they bounce back against us! The continual injury list we have one gets fit, one goes out. 

West Ham at home in 15 when the great escape began they introduced the clappers. Now I know many on here absolutely hate them and a good number would be launched at the pitch, but maybe just maybe they could create some form of atmosphere to lift the team in the remaining games.

Our biggest chant yesterday was directed at a former player, we need more than two sections of the ground getting behind the team and making some noise, necessary evil anyone? 

Brendan Rodgers blue and white army said no one ever.

The performance was better yesterday, and on the wrong side it fine margins (KDH not connecting), but our defence gets carved open far too easily.

If we don’t roll the dice and give Rodgers his marching orders now then imo we are 70/30 down. I personally think the club missed a trick with Dyche. I’d have anyone now - **** it bring Shakey back as a caretaker as he’s got us out of a similar mess before. 

The only card left to play is removing Rodgers. Plain as day. Cannot believe the complacency from those that have the power to effect change. An absolutely shocking lack of leadership. 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Straight after the Brentford game with someone lined up to come straight in is the very last chance we will get this season

2 weeks for them to de-Rodgers the side and probably the best run we could have with a competent manager

Unfortunately I think even if we got relegated Rodgers wouldn't get sacked and it would be "mutual agreement"

termination by mutual agreement is sacking, just the PR line that protects the reputations of all involved.

It's not even a gamble to try a new regime now.  If we do and fail, the outcome will be the same as if we don't.  Personally I think that Top is determined to let BR see the season out so I don't think that will happen.  I hope Top realises that relegation isn't just an unfortunate destination on the club's journey, it's a stop on the way and if nothing changes we can expect more of the same next season, albeit with a weaker team following the departure of all who are too good for Championship football.

The next couple of months are an opportunity we must seize, whatever it takes.  I hope the powers that be realise that.

6 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Might be able to revitalise Vestergaard and Bertrand and get us a few 0-9s on the board

• Haha 1

Unsure if its a self coping mechanism or logical but maybe relegation is the best course of action.

With Madders and Youri leaving in the summer, alongside a plethora of others and having no real outstanding players, if somehow we stay up we defo go down next year. Maybe its better to bite the bullet this year and have a complete top to bottom refresh in the championship and pray to god we come straight back up

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Unsure if its a self coping mechanism or logical but maybe relegation is the best course of action.

With Madders and Youri leaving in the summer, alongside a plethora of others and having no real outstanding players, if somehow we stay up we defo go down next year. Maybe its better to bite the bullet this year and have a complete top to bottom refresh in the championship and pray to god we come straight back up

I'll go with coping mechanism. It's not like if we stay up we won't replace those two - maybe not like for like, but hopefully with capable players.  There's absolutely no reason why we can't be mid-table next season if the toadstool is gone.

Relegation is not a positive, sorry. It's a disaster as much as we want to swallow the copium and tell ourselves otherwise.