Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Unfortunately if we do get relegated, (which at the moment looks likely) then it would be very difficult to bounce immediately straight back up.

I could well see us having several seasons in the Championship before returning to the PL.

Hopefully we will manage to avoid the drop, we know we are doomed when the stadium announcer starts giving us the Championship scores at full time!

• Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats

This thread is very melty. Obviously things are bad but we are fortunate to still have enough points on the board that we aren’t yet in the bottom 3. It’s clear something needs to change soon, and I’m not downplaying how bad things are, but a little more objectivity and perspective is required here I think.

15 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Unfortunately if we do get relegated, (which at the moment looks likely) then it would be very difficult to bounce immediately straight back up.

I could well see us having several seasons in the Championship before returning to the PL.

Hopefully we will manage to avoid the drop, we know we are doomed when the stadium announcer starts giving us the Championship scores at full time!

I think we could go down again like Sunderland did, the majority of the players would leave or would have to be moved on due to the insane wages they're on and we would be in a poor situation financially with instability at board level too. Anyone thinking relegation will be an opportunity to 'reset' is being very naïve. We must stay up.

• Like 1

Not many players would be here at all if we went down would there? 

One of the keepers (hopefully Iverson), Smithies, Justin, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas, KDH are the only first team players I see staying. Everyone else is either out of contract, move back to the premier league or go back abroad.

As a born and bread lifelong Leicester fan I cannot not care, much as I'd like to say i don't, but having accepted that the board will not act to remove Rodgers I am close to acknowledging that we will be relegated. The one crumb of comfort for me is that I really would rather watch us play in the Championship without Rodgers than continue in the Premier League with him! 

7 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

Nothing to say we won’t be the next Portsmouth.

I don’t believe all the hyperbole about the clubs future being in jeopardy. Yes relegation won’t be pretty but we have shown that we are cutting spend and getting it under control and clubs get a window to continue that after relegation. Top may have to stump up finance or sell the club, possible for low cost, but we aren’t suddenly going to get points deductions and banished to the lower leagues! 

Player, manager and owners will come and go but we will still have our club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

This thread is very melty. Obviously things are bad but we are fortunate to still have enough points on the board that we aren’t yet in the bottom 3. It’s clear something needs to change soon, and I’m not downplaying how bad things are, but a little more objectivity and perspective is required here I think.

Well not really….

It looks really bad, true enough.  Even Tim Howard pegged us to go down today.

But where is time there is hope!  Especially if we follow my

:trumpet:     FOOLPROOF HAIL MARY PLAN   :trumpet:

1. Put Rodgers and Ward on a small boat with Syrian papers, and drop it in the middle of the Channel.
  2. Make a 50/50 mix of Human Growth Hormone and Miracle Glue.  Inject into Kristianssen’s ankle, Evans’ knees, and every joint on Ricardo’s body.
  3. Offer the monks a lifetime supply of pure yak butter to take the curse off the training ground.
  4. Bring Shakey back, give him a ball for each arm, and pray Big Nige still takes his calls.
  5. Remind Tete he may be IN Leics, but is actually FROM Brazil.

Job done :schmike:

5 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

What do you think an assessment with 'a little more objectivity and perspective' looks like then?

We're out of the bottom 3 on goal difference and have lost 5 in a row. That is objective fact, not 'melty'.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s mental the amount in the stadium that seem content with what we’re being served up. I’d say it’s about 80%. 

Seems a bit hypocritical Una when you post that you thought Amartey had ‘an ok game’? I’m unsure whether you were being serious or sarcy?