Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

5 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

This thread is very melty. Obviously things are bad but we are fortunate to still have enough points on the board that we aren’t yet in the bottom 3. It’s clear something needs to change soon, and I’m not downplaying how bad things are, but a little more objectivity and perspective is required here I think.

Top finally speaks:appl:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Seems a bit hypocritical Una when you post that you thought Amartey had ‘an ok game’? I’m unsure whether you were being serious or sarcy?

Just stop following me around with your Amartey stuff. Do you know what hypocritical means?

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Unabomber said:

Just stop following me around with your Amartey stuff. Do you know what hypocritical means?

Yes mate. If you considered any of our CB’s yesterday were ‘ok’ then you were clearly easily pleased and a part of your 80% of fans who were the same.

ie you’re being hypocritical.

We conceded two in the first half, another one hit the post and another one chalked off for offside. 
Then in the second half we conceded another and had another one chalked off for offside.

That’s miles away from any of our defenders playing ‘ok’.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Yes mate. If you considered any of our CB’s yesterday were ‘ok’ then you were clearly easily pleased and a part of your 80% of fans who were the same.

We conceded two in the first half, another one hit the post and another one chalked off for offside. 
Then in the second half we conceded another and had another one chalked off for offside.

Our centre half’s yesterday were bang average - Souttar was the best but the other two are a joke tbh!

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ok you crack on I’ll leave you to it 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s mental the amount in the stadium that seem content with what we’re being served up. I’d say it’s about 80%. 

I got the sense yesterday that several are now really beginning to turn. Perhaps it was some of the decisions in game that made them realise, but at least they are realising now. That's the main thing.

I've not heard so many Rodgers out chants around me before today as I did yesterday.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

like 16 or 17? we really didn't hit our form until the last 9 games, but we had more fight in that team, didn't just roll over and have our bellies tickled

It wasn't great but we were never embarrassed like the dozen or so times we have been since the FA Cup win.

And Pearson definitely earned the right to remain on for the full season.

We rose because of him. Unlike that Ulster charlatan where we have declined massively.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I got the sense yesterday that several are now really beginning to turn. Perhaps it was some of the decisions in game that made them realise, but at least they are realising now. That's the main thing.

I've not heard so many Rodgers out chants around me before today as I did yesterday.

Yeah hopefully that’s the case. There were arguments near me yesterday between fans pro and anti Rodgers. I was genuinely amazed at the guy who still was backing him. I mean what would it take? Us going down by which point it’s too late?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Thinking someone played “OK” is not the same as thinking that is a good enough standard or close to what we need right now in a relegation scrap. 

That’s miles away from being hypocritical. 

• Like 2

Just now, The_77 said:

Thinking someone played “OK” is not the same as thinking that is a good enough standard or close to what we need right now in a relegation scrap. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

like 16 or 17? we really didn't hit our form until the last 9 games, but we had more fight in that team, didn't just roll over and have our bellies tickled

If anything it will be the opposite of that year won’t it, the fight was there all season we just struggled and times were unlucky to be coming out of games with nothing. Lost count of the times I walked out the grounds that season confused to how we didn’t pick up points. Hard to see where that fight is coming from within this squad. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How long does it take for football fans to actually see what’s going on? Have we got the most dense fan base going, or the most apathetic?

At least most of them have now finally twigged.

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

It wasn't great but we were never embarrassed like the dozen or so times we have been since the FA Cup win.

And Pearson definitely earned the right to remain on for the full season.

We rose because of him. Unlike that Ulster charlatan where we have declined massively.

yea. there were times when we were pure doggo, like the 5 games without a goal October/November that season, but like we went to Anfield and took a point with them reliant on a non-penalty where Wes Morgan conceded a penalty for blocking a shot with his face, fought hard at Spurs, worried arsenal at the Emirates. there was a general idea of enough fight but not enough quality, now it's the exact opposite 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

How long does it take for football fans to actually see what’s going on? Have we got the most dense fan base going, or the most apathetic?

At least most of them have now finally twigged.

Perhaps a mixture, or just a bit in denial. Or clinging onto the tiniest sliver of hope that we'll somehow get out of the dull and dismal mire we've been put in.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah hopefully that’s the case. There were arguments near me yesterday between fans pro and anti Rodgers. I was genuinely amazed at the guy who still was backing him. I mean what would it take? Us going down by which point it’s too late?

People who were arguing with me yesterday were claiming it's already "too late".

Which i'm bemused by because I dare say these same people we're saying "be careful what you wish for" up until only a few weeks ago, so which is it?

Either way, do we go down with a whimper under Rodgers or die trying?

Edited by Matt

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Nah, it’s all part and parcel of hypocrisy.

You can’t be bewildered at the state of fans who think we’re ok (80%?) and who don’t seem to be bothered whilst suggesting any of our defence yesterday played ‘ok’. The two just don’t tally.

To be fair 9 clubs are in the battle as well. As shite as we have been so have other clubs. If we find a way to click i think we are better positioned to not be one of those 9 at the end of the season. It going to go down to the wire though.

We have to have faith even in these dark times. Hope the best really.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Perhaps a mixture, or just a bit in denial. Or clinging onto the tiniest sliver of hope that we'll somehow get out of the dull and dismal mire we've been put in.

And we still could of course. But the picture is much bigger than whether we get relegated or not. It’s the state of the club in general AND how we are playing on the pitch.

Anyone not seeing this is an ostrich.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Either way, do we go down with a whimper under Rodgers or die trying?

100% should want to go for the latter, die trying.

100% if Rodgers is around it'll be with a whimper, where some players try their utmost to get us out of the predicament, while others just continually show themselves up to not be anywhere near the standard required to fight to stay in the PL, let alone be good enough on any given day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Make the change now. It could prove to be too late anyway but I'm positive with someone who cared at the helm we'd have enough about us to just about scrape over the line. It doesn't have to be pretty and it certainly needs to be the antithesis of "death by football" for the next 12 games.

Some nasty barsteward who will give the squad a few home truths wouldn't go amiss

Edited by Ste