Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

100% should want to go for the latter, die trying.

100% if Rodgers is around it'll be with a whimper, where some players try their utmost to get us out of the predicament, while others just continually show themselves up to not be anywhere near the standard required to fight to stay in the PL, let alone be good enough on any given day.

Burnley waited too long to sack Dyche.

Got an immediate response by the caretaker managers which included Ben Mee - sacked him earlier and they may have turned it round.

We look like we're set to make the same mistake, or do nothing which is worse.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nah, it’s all part and parcel of hypocrisy.

You can’t be bewildered at the state of fans who think we’re ok (80%?) and who don’t seem to be bothered whilst suggesting any of our defence yesterday played ‘ok’. The two just don’t tally.

You’re comparing two things that have nothing to do with one another. What’s 80% fans being content with our performances and manager got to do with a throwaway comment on Amartey? Lol come on man. 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

It’s mental the amount in the stadium that seem content with what we’re being served up. I’d say it’s about 80%. 

Quite unsettling looking at all of the half dead zombies just sitting quietly and motionless as though waiting in a doctors reception area. 

Not a glint of life in their passionless black eyes.

Not even understanding what is happening.

The whole ground should have been ferociously joining in with the Rodgers out chants but instead it was just great swathes of grey, labotomized bags of skin who have given up.

*this is not an observation based on age, many thanks*

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nah, it’s all part and parcel of hypocrisy.

You can’t be bewildered at the state of fans who think we’re ok (80%?) and who don’t seem to be bothered whilst suggesting any of our defence yesterday played ‘ok’. The two just don’t tally.

That’s just not a logical statement at all, I’m sorry. And, again, you’re completely missing the point. 

We’re just gonna have to leave it at that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

yea. there were times when we were pure doggo, like the 5 games without a goal October/November that season, but like we went to Anfield and took a point with them reliant on a non-penalty where Wes Morgan conceded a penalty for blocking a shot with his face, fought hard at Spurs, worried arsenal at the Emirates. there was a general idea of enough fight but not enough quality, now it's the exact opposite 

The difference between that season and the winning season was shifting from losing by a goal to winning by a goal. In 14-15 we were rarely thrashed, in 15-16 we rarely dealt out a thrashing. The change was actually quite small, and in large part down to the arrival of Robert Huth tightening things up at the back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

This thread is very melty. Obviously things are bad but we are fortunate to still have enough points on the board that we aren’t yet in the bottom 3. It’s clear something needs to change soon, and I’m not downplaying how bad things are, but a little more objectivity and perspective is required here I think.

2 points off bottom.

53 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s mental the amount in the stadium that seem content with what we’re being served up. I’d say it’s about 80%. 

No chance 80% of the ground were content with that. Spoke to quite a few people before the game on the train, in The Distillery and walking to the ground. Maybe we got 'lucky' but the unanimous feeling was that Brendan's tactics and inability to change to suit players is the problem. In the ground there were definitely people who weren't happy with the booing quite early on, but as the Brendan out chants got pretty loud, that ground emptied out to the point where you could hear Brendan clapping in the last few minutes.  Thats not a stadium 80% happy with whats being serviced up.

• Like 2

Just now, Chelmofox said:

No chance 80% of the ground were content with that. Spoke to quite a few people before the game on the train, in The Distillery and walking to the ground. Maybe we got 'lucky' but the unanimous feeling was that Brendan's tactics and inability to change to suit players is the problem. In the ground there were definitely people who weren't happy with the booing quite early on, but as the Brendan out chants got pretty loud, that ground emptied out to the point where you could hear Brendan clapping in the last few minutes.  Thats not a stadium 80% happy with whats being serviced up.

Ok I don’t mean content with performance but maybe content with current manager? 

Are they waiting until we’re in the bottom 3 to pull the trigger? 

We need a massive game against Brentford. That’s almost a cup final at this stage. Every game left practically is.

We’re look dirty at the moment and we need a good wash. Get rid of a load of the crap, on and off-field at the end of the season. 

If we get relegated, I’d expect all end of season parties etc to be cut. 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Ok I don’t mean content with performance but maybe content with current manager? 

Make your mind up! Cmon Una

😉

15 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Quite unsettling looking at all of the half dead zombies just sitting quietly and motionless as though waiting for the reaper.

The whole ground should have been ferociously joining in with the Rodgers out chants but instead it was just great swathes of grey, labotomized bags of skin who have given up.

I think some were still in shock and stunned after seeing Daka score such a great goal.

The only thing I can compare this shower to is the bizarre Eighties game show 3-2-1. In the show, there were a variety of sketches after which one of the performers would bring in a clue and a rhyme which supposedly told you what that particular prize was. The contestants had to try and reject the clue that was the booby prize of Dusty Bin and then they would win something reasonably good. The clues were famous for their convoluted and awkward solving by Ted Rogers. A clue today would go something like this; 

Ok, so now you've decided to reject the riding crop and the clue was;

He's crowned as the expenses rise 
In the time of clear vision, thrice more
Wilde's empty dish was cruel to those
Approaching the exit door

Let's have a look. He's crowned as the expenses rise - that would normally refer to a king or queen and expenses are rising all over these days, but it's probably housing, electricity or food. Food could of course link with the line about Wilde's empty dish. Now Wilde was famously in Reading gaol on meagre rations, though he also made a famous quote on cruelty about fox hunting being "the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable." Now let's look at the second line - in the time of clear vision. The clearest vision possible is 20/20, which suggests we're looking for a year. Thrice more couldn't be 60/60, so we must be adding three to give 2023. Link that back to the line about foxes which is the nickname of Leicester City football club. That means we must be talking about a king and the costs of electricity or power giving the King Power stadium. Leicester were consigned to the dustbin of relegation in 2023, so you've done it, you've rejected Dusty Bin!"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I agree. I don't like to boo until the whistle goes, but stayed until the grim end. Happily sang Rogers Out though.

26 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Quite unsettling looking at all of the half dead zombies just sitting quietly and motionless as though waiting for the reaper.

Those "lobotomised bags have skin" have probably been going to see the games for a lot longer than you, and seen a fair number of relegations as well as promotions.

It's not that they like what they see, it is that they have seen it before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

What do you think an assessment with 'a little more objectivity and perspective' looks like then?

We're out of the bottom 3 on goal difference and have lost 5 in a row. That is objective fact, not 'melty'.

Exactly like you've said - we are out of the bottom 3 as it stands. Objectively that's where we are at. Read a sample of the replies in this thread 'won't pick up another point', 'will finish bottom', 'have absolutely no chance of staying up', 'the possibility of staying up disappeared months ago'.

Fact is if things don't get any worse than here we stay up. Like I say, I'm not downplaying the severity of the situation because it's dire, and goal difference isn't a margin that gives any confidence whatsoever. But anyone suggesting it's a foregone conclusion at this point that we are down is not being objective. Other clubs at the bottom will be looking at our squad and expecting us to pick up points.

Edit: I just want to double down on reiterating it - I'm not saying things are fine. I would like to see a change of manager. I desperately want to see our board come out and acknowledge what a ****ing mess this all is. I am not saying things are okay. But half of you seem to want to say we are down and that's that - by virtue of the fact we aren't in the relegation places then at a minimum we are in a fight, so we need to get up for the fight. I don't see what's hard to grasp about that.

Edited by bennytwohats

2 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Those "lobotomised bags have skin" have probably been going to see the games for a lot longer than you, and seen a fair number of relegations as well as promotions.

It's not that they like what they see, it is that they have seen it before. 

And? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I’m grey and never went and won’t until he’s gone…

Perhaps you should . Empty seats that’s what’s needed.
I’ll keep buying away tickets and not bother going. Club given me no choice for Brentford away . No trains and ID check 👍👍

The club can do one on ID check…👆👆

Why should I turn up it those twats don’t…

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

What we have, generally at games, in an ageing fan base. That see us as little leicester that's had our moment in the sun. That's not a generalisation either. That's a conversation I've heard myself all season between people in and around the ground. 

It is a generalisation, I’m in my early fifties and have always sung at games. I desperately want Rodgers out so we

have a fighting chance of staying up and joined in with the Rogers out chants. Not everyone in certain age groups

act the same or think the same.

4 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

I’m grey and never went and won’t until he’s gone…

Perhaps you should . Empty seats that’s what’s needed.
I’ll keep buying away tickets and not bother going. Club given me no choice for Brentford away . No trains and ID check 👍👍

The club can do one on ID check…👆👆

Why should I turn up it those twats don’t…

I didn't mean hair colour mate. I go to games with someone old enough to be grey if he had any hair and he has more passion than the majority of dead eyes in our ground.

• Like 1

It’s not an age thing, but the generalisation will be that it is because the tired, ‘oh well’, ‘is what it is’ fans seem to be in that generation. Having arguments still with members of the family that Brendan ISNT killing our club. Makes you wonder why we even bother.

51 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Burnley waited too long to sack Dyche.

Got an immediate response by the caretaker managers which included Ben Mee - sacked him earlier and they may have turned it round.

We look like we're set to make the same mistake, or do nothing which is worse.

hmm that’s an odd take. Not on us but on burnley. If they had kept dyche they never would have gone down 

• Haha 1