Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

55 minutes ago, richard123 said:

I'm not worried about relegation after 4 games 🙈.

Why? Because I trust Top and his family. Keep your heads. It's a tough start but there are many factors causing this.

Yes Brendan is done here and will likely be sacked soon. 

But assuming we will certainly be relegated after 4 games is crazy.

Trust our owners. 

Brentford and Southampton at home is not a tough start.

Can't believe how people on here were laughing at some that said we could be in trouble if we don't act.

This slump or lack of form has been going on for quite some time.

PS

I do trust our owners though👍

Edited by Weller Wing
  • Like 2

Doesn't take many games go from loss of form to a tailspin and this team are closer to it than we think. City have had bad runs before under Rodgers and, as far as I can remember,  he has never pulled us out of it once. If we get into a dogfight we have the wrong manager playing the wrong type of football with very little backbone on show. Sad times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jethrolcfc said:

Feel like we’re crying out for a Robert Huth type transfer. A player who can really come in and improve the defence and get the best out of the other defenders. 

Completely agree. For me the priority is more someone who can do Evans' job than Fofana's job and an experienced stopper and organiser who can sort out the shambolic defence in the vein of when we signed Huth in January 2015.

Edited by Sampson

The Brentford game was not good, especially after being roasted in the stand by those bloody burners on a baking hot day, seeing Brendan out managed when we were 2-0 up and the players were wilting in the heat with barely a substitution made. In the stands it was a case of oh well, we'll improve the next home game or get a lucky break at Arsenal.

The Southampton game, first half was OK, competitive and had chances, we could do these.

Then in the second half we scored and collapsed, Amartey was culpable to a degree but Ward reminded me of Gavin Ward on a bad day.

Southampton were ripping us apart and the crowd turned on the team, something I'd not seen for a long, LONG time, followed by a mass walkout.

Now you've had the Stockport game with the, 'You're getting sacked in the morning' chants and the defeat to 10 man Chelsea,  so who knows what is going to happen against Man United but if it is another horror show, it should be very interesting indeed.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If we'd have taken action early in 14/15 then we would have ended up relegated.

Many different factors. Under Pearson that year we were unlucky to lose many games, every game you could see fight in the players with multiple chances created. And we had just got promoted. 

This year, so far each result has been shite. Throwing 2 goals away against Brentford. Conceding directly after scoring twice against Arsenal, throwing the game away against Southampton at home. Conceding 2 goals to 10 man Chelsea. 

These results and circumstances are appalling. What exactly is Brendan's game plan? There isn't one. 

Frozen out players for months then expects them to put in a shift? Nope, not under Brendan. 

Play an aging striker by himself and expect him to get service and score? Nope, not under Brendan. 

Staring down the barrel of a gun, and if he makes bad signings will the alleviated financial situation after Fofana, then its absolute curtains with no safe apparatus to get us out of it. Brendan at the helm or not. 

• Like 2

It's not the end of the world being relegated.We usually have a good season after.Also you can watch sky super sunday without feeling depressed or involved.

Let's get rid of Brendan regroup and have a good go at staying up.

If we go down ,Worse things are happening in the world and we will still have a great club to support.

• Like 1

We play a system that attracts young players who want to make the step up to prem football and then move onto another club. If relegation is a serious concern our first step is to change our style and make us hard to beat. 

Back when Nigel was in charge we already played a system that made us hard to beat. We simply wanted to survive. At first we weren't that successful at it until we signed Huth who suited that style. 

My point is a Huth type signing isn't going to work with the present style of football we play. That's why Vesteguard hasn't worked out because we want him to defend to high up the pitch. 

If after 10 games relegation is threatened I'd guess we change the system. Make us hard to beat. Defend deeper. Rodgers keeps going on about needing to be more aggressive, well if that's still not working he will have to change what he wants to suit the players and situation he has. Put two walls Infront of the opposing team and leave Vardy or Daka or both upfront to hit the channels. Play Vesteguard as he can play the balls required for this system. I'm sure that's what Nigel or Dyche would do. 

It's not what we want but I'd rather that then watch us playing Coventry next year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Many different factors. Under Pearson that year we were unlucky to lose many games, every game you could see fight in the players with multiple chances created. And we had just got promoted. 

This year, so far each result has been shite. Throwing 2 goals away against Brentford. Conceding directly after scoring twice against Arsenal, throwing the game away against Southampton at home. Conceding 2 goals to 10 man Chelsea. 

These results and circumstances are appalling. What exactly is Brendan's game plan? There isn't one. 

Frozen out players for months then expects them to put in a shift? Nope, not under Brendan. 

Play an aging striker by himself and expect him to get service and score? Nope, not under Brendan. 

Staring down the barrel of a gun, and if he makes bad signings will the alleviated financial situation after Fofana, then its absolute curtains with no safe apparatus to get us out of it. Brendan at the helm or not. 

I’m talking generally in response to OP about not taking action early.

I could also refer to our 12/13 season when we just dropped like a stone. Most managers would have been sacked in that situation too.

Also people keep talking about Potter. Like I said in another thread he finished 15th then 16th in his first two seasons. I could argue people would have wanted him sacked if he was here.

Right now, yes, things are as grim as hell, but I'm going to try and compose some positive words, as much for my own benefit as anyone else's.

We have a number of very good Premier League players, including:

Ward, Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, JJ, Thomas

N'didi, Maddison, KDH, Barnes, Tielemans

Iheanacho, Vardy (I know he is nearing the end, but I remember him going about 20 games without a goal in 2016/17, and again in early 2021 - he's not done yet)

Then there are others who are decent backs up, including:

Iversen (I'm guessing a bit there), Mendy, Perez, Albrighton, Daka.

Right now we are bereft of confidence, and have a manager who seems miserable, and I fear his morale has impacted the team negatively. If we can change the mindset, and hopefully recruit a good centre back and right winger this week, I think we will be okay. Can Brendan change his mindset? I simply don't know where he's at. Frankly he needs to stop sulking and start leading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, shailen said:

If you saw Man Utd against Brentford you'd think they were gone but now look like a real team. Results breeds confidence and we have enough quality even without Fofana to comfortably be safe. 

Well they still a work in progress with a new manager, whilst we have been on a downward spiral for a year or so.

I said when I seen the fixtures that If we had 7 to 10 points by early Oct that would be a decent return. So far we've 1 point. Not good.

Our season really gets underway in October when we enter into a period of more winnable games.

Whoever is in charge we've got to get the team settled and committed for the challenge by then. 40 points is still a long way away.

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If we'd have taken action early in 14/15 then we would have ended up relegated.

Totally different situation.  In 14-15 we were Prem newbies with virtually no Prem experence in the squad or the management team.  We needed patience to enable us to learn how to cope over the duration of the season.  Our recent history, by comparison, is a Prem-seasoned and Euro-experienced squad not performing to the players' ability and showing little fight, courage or nous in games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

Brentford and Southampton at home is not a tough start.

Can't believe how people on here were laughing at some that said we could be in trouble if we don't act.

This slump or lack of form has been going on for quite some time.

PS

I do trust our owners though👍

At Brentford we looked class right up until the players tired due to the heat, they made changes and we didn’t. That loss was unforgivable, Southampton was down to the players attitude imo but Rodger’s poor tactics didn’t help. Arsenal are looking like they’ll challenge for the league and yesterday loss lies at the fault of Vardy for me, he should be converting those chances.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Anybody else just not worried at all in the slightest about relegation? 

I think we’re scoring enough goals that relegation still feels extremely unlikely to me and not worth worrying about yet. As I can still see us winning games right now, solely because Barnes and Maddison will always get/create plenty of goals even when the service of the rest of the team is crap

If we’re still here come the end of October/early November I’ll probably start worrying though.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think we’re scoring enough goals that relegation still feels extremely unlikely to me and not worth worrying about yet. As I can still see us winning games right now, solely because Barnes and Maddison will always get/create plenty of goals even when the service of the rest of the team is crap

If we’re still here come the end of October/early November I’ll probably start worrying though.

Worst big chance creation in the league, worst big chances conceded in the league. We will likely be bottom at the end of the day, and deservedly so. It’s hard to see the direction changing at the moment, but it’s a long season. 

Last few days of the window will be massive, dreading it honestly. It’s stale and unenjoyable to watch us at the moment, have been on a downward spiral for 18+ months… hopefully the decline ends before we are relegated. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1