Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Southampton have as many points in the last 4 games as we have achieved in the last 12 !

Yeah but who can we get that's any better? We can't seriously expect anybody to come in and compete with *checks notes* ****ing Ruben Selles.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ian S said:

Southampton have as many points in the last 4 games as we have achieved in the last 12 !

But I was told on Saturday by a fan who is holier than thou “Look at Southampton, they sacked their manager and haven’t improved”.

• Haha 1

Its going to be so tight at the bottom this season and there's a possibility that nobody will already be relegated going into the final day. They normally say 38-40 points is needed. I think 35 will be enough to stay up this season. Will we be able to get to 35 points? Looks unlikely at the moment. 11 points from 12 games. Safe to say we won't get anywhere near the points tally we got under Pearson in the great escape season. 

• Like 1

We're a super streaky team, if there is a glimmer that we may stay up then I think it lies in the fact that we have a decent group of fixtures and are the kind of team who can win 3 or 4 on the bounce, which I'm not necessarily sure is true of the other teams down the bottom. This does add a ton of pressure though as the next 4 fixtures look like a prime chance to do this.

IF we do stay up, nothing will change. We'll be back in this position in the next few years if not next. Too many idiots running the club into the ground atm and the only way it may change unfortunately is through relegation and a hopeful cleanout Top to bottom

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

IF we do stay up, nothing will change. We'll be back in this position in the next few years if not next. Too many idiots running the club into the ground atm and the only way it may change unfortunately is through relegation and a hopeful cleanout Top to bottom

Or if the team is sold.

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Agree with this. Feels like when we circled the drain for years in the Champ thinking it would be ok the next year and it never was and eventually we dropped. Thing is, if we scrape staying up there is chance for a good refresh in the summer with a lot of out of contract players too - get a new manager in early and have a proper rebuild.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Or if the team is sold.

You'd think so. But i don't trust who we have to sign capable replacements as we've seen with the running down of Maddisons and Tielemans contracts, letting Kasper leave without replacing him etc.

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Agree with this. Feels like when we circled the drain for years in the Champ thinking it would be ok the next year and it never was and eventually we dropped. Thing is, if we scrape staying up there is chance for a good refresh in the summer with a lot of out of contract players too - get a new manager in early and have a proper rebuild.

Do we even have the finances for a "rebuild"? With the stadium expansion too i reckon we won't be spending much

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Shit house 4 wins. 

I dont care how we get - just get it. 

4 wins keeps us up. 

Sack him in the summer. 

Get a few senior execs in. 

Keep the current regime under control and hopefully they look for a buyer. 

I think this is all we can hope for at this point, can’t see him getting the sack or leaving before the end of the season with Top asleep at the wheel.

Just don’t think I can stomach his gloating about how he proved people wrong and how big an achievement it is.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Let's get relagated now so we can avoid getting relegated in a few years. Good advice

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

I think this is all we can hope for at this point, can’t see him getting the sack or leaving before the end of the season with Top asleep at the wheel.

Just don’t think I can stomach his gloating about how he proved people wrong and how big an achievement it is.

I dont care about that. Aslong as we stay up someone else will be dumb enough to appoint him and when they do, it will be one more team we do not have to worry about because he'll destroy them

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

So much of this season reminds me of the season we went down to League One. 

What was it that year ? We couldnt win two in a row - it was a stat we just couldnt get past - I dont think we did in the end. 

We were a badly run, managed club back then too. 

• Like 1