Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 hours ago, john ridley said:

We're not going to shit house any wins ,we're  the weakest mentality,physically,and anything else you want to name. We reflect the manager through out the club ,its going to take a while to get out of this mess ,not sure if Top is the man to do it ,could be championship football for years after this .

The only player that’s got any shithoursery in them appears to be Kristiansen, and he’s crocked……sadly 

18 minutes ago, henry56 said:

With a keeper who lets in a goal a game any other PL keeper would save 9 times out of 10, can’t see us winning enough games . 

Yeah, keeper or not, the fact we almost always have to score 2 to win a game makes life so much harder for the forward players. 

We start games on the back foot and have to constantly try extra hard to get back into games. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah, keeper or not, the fact we almost always have to score 2 to win a game makes life so much harder for the forward players. 

We start games on the back foot and have to constantly try extra hard to get back into games. 

We’re conceding 1.76 goals per game, including our good run just before the WC. We probably have to score 2 goals in most games just to get a draw, 3 to win it, it’s just not gonna happen unless we tighten up at the back. 

20 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Such a horrible season and it's actually turned me into a shit fan. I almost don't want us to get away with it

Exactly. Even if we just scrape out of it somehow, I think we'll all just shrug our shoulders and say "At least we don't have to watch this again until August."

On about us on 5 Live now.

Still don’t think we’re going down, as we have an abundance of quality going forward & we ‘could easily win 4 on the bounce’.

They mentioned our issues at the back & that we let in strange goals……also were very positive regarding BR. 
We are so far under their radar (and most media outlets). Bizarre. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Still don’t think we’re going down, as we have an abundance of quality going forward & we ‘could easily win 4 on the bounce’.

They mentioned our issues at the back & that we let in strange goals……also were very positive regarding BR. 

I reckon we will be a big topic of conversation next weekend sadly.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club captain is feeling "positive" after losing 4 in a row and sitting 2 points above the bottom. Vile.

The ship is holed and taking in water and going down by the bow but the officers on the bridge have cancelled the mayday call.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club captain is feeling "positive" after losing 4 in a row and sitting 2 points above the bottom. Vile.

Shit article though. He, or any player, is not gonna come out and say we're shit.

If one bloke in that dressing room has a winning mentality it should be Evans given everything he's won.

I noticed Richarlison criticized his own season the other day, but that's a different thing as Conte had to clear up he didn't mean Spurs' season.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Shit article though. He, or any player, is not gonna come out and say we're shit.

If one bloke in that dressing room has a winning mentality it should be Evans given everything he's won.

I noticed Richarlison criticized his own season the other day, but that's a different thing as Conte had to clear up he didn't mean Spurs' season.

He should have but let's not forget he joined after a relegation.

• Like 1

The difference between a good Championship and Premiership team, is having those one or two players that make things happen.

Obviously the more of those players you have the higher you’ll be. 

I’m going to state now, that we don’t have any players that would be guaranteed a start at either Manchester Club, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal. I include Maddison in that, as he spends so much time injured, maybe it is time to cash in whilst we can. 

We’ve gone stale and that’s the issue. We’ve gone from having a team with players that could, to only having a few left and even then Ndidi and Soyuncu look a shadow of themselves. Couple that with the winding down of Vardys career and we’re just another bottom

half Premier League team. Without a change in direction, we might not go today, we will do eventually. 

If you look at the players we’ve lost in the last 7 years, we’d have a brilliant team. 

Now look at the clubs around us, how many players from those squads push for starting spots at the big 6 or 7 clubs now. 

Us - Maybe Maddison
Southampton - Ward Prowse - Maybe

Everton - No one

Leeds - No one

West Ham - No one

Bournemouth - No one

Forest - Navas or Henderson maybe? 

Palace - No one

Wolves - Neves

The teams at the bottom of the league, are pretty all much of a muchness. 

11 games since the WC

🦊7pts

Saints 10pts

Leeds 8pts

Brnmth 8pts

WHam 11pts

Took 33s we finish bottom on Saturday. Now 18s, I am thinking we should be shorter still.

Only risk is Rodgers being sacked, as we all know this should have happened at least 12 months ago, I would say at least 18 months. If they haven't already sacked him, will he be sacked?

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Brendan’s bandwagon marches on. It’s bizarre why he gets this kind of love considering our performances and progression over the last 1.5 years. Nobody in the media is questioning him yet they all say that we won’t get relegated because we have the quality. They obviously haven’t been paying attention to us because we have a very weak side.

• Like 1

I think its a valid argument that if the majority of our players were in their best form , we are capable of pulling out of trouble because they have shown they have the quality to do that. However Rodgers seems incapable of raising them to that level , he is a poor motivator and his tactics are highly suspect.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think its a valid argument that if the majority of our players were in their best form , we are capable of pulling out of trouble because they have shown they have the quality to do that. However Rodgers seems incapable of raising them to that level , he is a poor motivator and his tactics are highly suspect.

This is it for me, if the players were in half decent form, we would probably be ok in spite of Rodgers, but as few are in decent form, we need the manager to raise his game to cover our shortfall, and he just seems unable to do so currently.

• Like 1

The fact that jonny flipping crapin thinks we played well against Chelsea and thinks we playing good just sums up the some players and the manager or I have just miss understood football for 35 plus years and it's the relegation that teams are playing for not top spot.

Edited by TeamRocket

So Brendan's a good or top coach, according to many.

He's also got the reputation for developing young players.

I can think of any young players that he's developed other than Madders and I think that's just because he's a top talent with or without Brendan. 

Thomas represented his country at every level, I believe,  but he's gone backwards big time under the current set up.

I don't think Barnes has shown anywhere how good he can be.

He's destroyed our assets like Soyuncu and Wilfred as well.

And he plays Ward and Amartey ffs😡

• Like 4

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Heard it too. So detached from where we actually are. And yea the Rodgers myth continues 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weller Wing said:

I can think of any young players that he's developed other than Madders and I think that's just because he's a top talent with or without Brendan. 

Thomas represented his country at every level, I believe,  but he's gone backwards big time under the current set up.

Totally agree with this half the player that came from our youth system where going to come anyways it just happened that he is here at this time. Honestly don't understand how he got that rep of being good for young players when he seems to only ever use older players

4 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Throw Praet, Choudhury, Soumare, and Daka into that list too. 

• Like 1