Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club captain is feeling "positive" after losing 4 in a row and sitting 2 points above the bottom. Vile.

The rot is just so deep it's unbelievable. I think the fact he's not lost the dressing room is the problem now.

We've allowed an absolute loser to mould everything to protect his own reputation. That's going to take some serious effort to turn around.

52 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The rot is just so deep it's unbelievable. I think the fact he's not lost the dressing room is the problem now.

We've allowed an absolute loser to mould everything to protect his own reputation. That's going to take some serious effort to turn around.

He’s lost part of the dressing room even if he hasn’t lost all of it.  And in some ways that’s worse, because it divides the players into opposing factions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sad. If he hasn’t lost the dressing room, it probably means he has succeeded in drilling into the players that they are crap and he is the saviour. The never say die attitude is probably gone. I hope I am wrong though. You see in Evans’ eyes when he came on he was angry or at least not happy at the situation. I hope there is enough fire in the captain to get our mentality back on to the right track.

1 hour ago, TonyN11 said:

Any of the bottom 9 could be in trouble.

It's possible that 40 points won't guarantee survival. 

Your first point is undoubtedly true, but I disagree with your second point.

For a team to go down on 40 points, 7 of the bottom 9 would have to win 5-6 of their remaining 11-12 matches.

2 or 3 struggling teams might manage that, but certainly not 7. Many of the bottom 9 will be playing one another and they'll all be playing some of the teams challenging for Europe etc. Plenty of defeats pending for the bottom 9.

I reckon teams could well stay up on about 36 points. If so, we need to find about 4 wins - or about 3 wins and 3 draws.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think its a valid argument that if the majority of our players were in their best form , we are capable of pulling out of trouble because they have shown they have the quality to do that. However Rodgers seems incapable of raising them to that level , he is a poor motivator and his tactics are highly suspect.

And that's the issue, form. Some of our players are not good enough which is why they are not consistent.

But now, in a relegation battle especially, players shouldn't need motivating. They should be concerned of a relegation to their name.

57 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

So we can assume you'd rather the club captain said he thinks everything's hopeless and he's feeling really down about it all?

Behave.

Obviously it's a PR exercise first and foremost but I think people are looking for an indication that there is at least someone at the club who is aware of the reality of the situation. So ideally no, not miserable despondency but also not the "just keep doing what we're doing and we'll be fine" complacent and obvious nonsense we're currently getting from manager and players alike.

56 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Tell it how it is, that's all I want. Sick of the spin. 

"Behave" lol 

I'm afraid spin is all there is. Player/manager interviews are an utter waste of everyone's time unless all you want is platitudes, coz platitudes is all you're going to get in them. If you expect something interesting or meaningful, I'm afraid you're always going to be disappointed.

(The 'behave,' btw, was for your over the top 'vile,' and therefore justified, I reckon. Glad you enjoyed it though 😘)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Watching the best goals of 2014/15 video there looks like such a togetherness in that squad. Don't recall us celebrating with anywhere near the same intensity within the team for a long time. 

That's a great idea watching that back! I need some positive lcfc memories. They were great times 

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

That's a great idea watching that back! I need some positive lcfc memories. They were great times 

We live in the past

We live in the past

We're just like F****t

We live in the past

Gotta say, I think their living in the past seems fair enough to me now. I'll happily live in 2016 for the rest of my life.

20 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I'm afraid spin is all there is. Player/manager interviews are an utter waste of everyone's time unless all you want is platitudes, coz platitudes is all you're going to get in them. If you expect something interesting or meaningful, I'm afraid you're always going to be disappointed.

(The 'behave,' btw, was for your over the top 'vile,' and therefore justified, I reckon. Glad you enjoyed it though 😘)

Exactly. I don't know why player and manager words are taken so serious. We were bottom under Pearson and he was still saying "believe". Nobody at the club is gonna come out and say we're rubbish, just like they didn't then.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly. I don't know why player and manager words are taken so serious. We were bottom under Pearson and he was still saying "believe". Nobody at the club is gonna come out and say we're rubbish, just like they didn't then.

Shame though. It'd be hilarious to hear a player say "we're utter crap, we all hate each other, our fans are all w**kers and we're going down."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Scott Parker says hi

49 minutes ago, Corky said:

A lack of draws hasn't helped us- even another three only takes us to 12th but cuts the amount of defeats and losing runs.

I don't think a point on Saturday is a bad result.

100%

We have lost 9 games by the odd goal.

Turn 4 or 5 of those into draws we have 29 points.

Plus improved confidence.

For me a decent keeper makes the difference. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3