Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

7 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I'm afraid spin is all there is. Player/manager interviews are an utter waste of everyone's time unless all you want is platitudes, coz platitudes is all you're going to get in them. If you expect something interesting or meaningful, I'm afraid you're always going to be disappointed.

(The 'behave,' btw, was for your over the top 'vile,' and therefore justified, I reckon. Glad you enjoyed it though 😘)

...KDH has previously come out to state his disgust of a previous performance and so has Castagne!!!

Some players do not live by soundbites, they tell it how it is.

More likely they are the ones who do not buy into Rodgers. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

"It has also been confirmed the final game of the season at home to West Ham United on Sunday 28 May will kick-off at 4:30pm."

Well this could be an interesting afternoon for all involved. 

Edited by Lako42

Rudkin will still be pulling the strings when we go down. That's the most frightening thing for me.

He was previously tempered by an active owner and a strong, and decent, manager.

Might not have either.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Watching the best goals of 2014/15 video there looks like such a togetherness in that squad. Don't recall us celebrating with anywhere near the same intensity within the team for a long time. 

I miss Morgan. I previously criticised him for, assumingly, getting the team to rebel against the manager. What I'd give for that now.

Wonder if King Power realise that we can go down - just thinking back to the Venky's debacle with Blackburn??

Unlikely to be try, but I'm struggling to understand the 'logic' at the club at the moment.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Danny Ward is far from being the sole cause of our woes this season, but he is one of them. With a decent keeper we'd very likely have several more points and would be somewhere around upper-mid table. The decision to let Schmeichel go and not bother replacing him could mean the difference between survival and relegation. 

We’ve seen so many Rumours of Goalkeepers being Linked with us lately just really hoping we’re serious about getting a new No1 in and not just signing a no2 for Ward, he’s been a great servant awaiting his chance behind Kasper but he’s shown he’s not good enough to be a PL keeper his failures have cost us so many games and points but as you say it’s not all Down to Wardy the defence at times has been shocking throwing a young Thomas into the mix when BR knows he’s not a solid defender is only messing with his confidence therefore mistakes have been happening then the CB problem over the months it just Beggers belief how poor we’ve become Rodgers definitely needs to hold his hands up and admit he’s failed us and is not the so called elite manager most pundits call him !

The games from 1st April to 9th April will define the relegation battle for the end of the season. We simply have to win against Palace and Bournemouth then take at least a point off Villa. 

1st April

Arsenal v Leeds

Bournemouth v Fulham

Palace v Leicester

Forest v Wolves

2nd April

West Ham v Southampton

3rd April

Everton v Spurs

4th April

Bournemouth v Brighton

Leeds v Forest

Leicester v Villa

5th April

West Ham v Newcastle

8th April

Manchester Utd v Everton

Villa v Forest

Fulham v W Ham

Leicester v Bournemouth

Wolves v Chelsea

Leeds v Palace

9th April

Southampton v Man City 

5 minutes ago, wurmer said:

Wonder if King Power realise that we can go down - just thinking back to the Venky's debacle with Blackburn??

Unlikely to be try, but I'm struggling to understand the 'logic' at the club at the moment.

Well as they took over when we were in the Championship, I’m pretty certain they all know how the system works.

24 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Need at least 5 wins. Genuinely struggling to see where these will come from. Need to be safe before travelling to WHU, or that's it, done and dusted.

west ham at home. just imagine if that was to happen. need 3 points to survive on the last day and get battered like what happend when chasing the top4 twice lol it's written this will happen

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 1

Huge results in our favour tonight!

Foxestalk is far too hysterical. Yes we are very much in a relegation but so are 8 other teams no way are we dead certain for the chop. We have maddison, Barnes and Tilemans we now also have a game in hand over 4 teams and we have points on the board to 4 teams. 

We are. Currently 4 to 1 to go down and that feels about right to me. 

Screenshot_20230315_225027.jpg

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Foxestalk is far too hysterical. Yes we are very much in a relegation but so are 8 other teams no way are we dead certain for the chop. We have maddison, Barnes and Tilemans we now also have a game in hand over 4 teams and we have points on the board to 4 teams. 

The fact that six of these will continue to be in the PL next year does show quite a lot of doubt on the 'best league in the world' tagline that the EPL seems to have given itself.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

The fact that six of these will continue to be in the PL next year does show quite a lot of doubt on the 'best league in the world' tagline that the EPL seems to have given itself.

Or it shows that the level in the Premier League has never been closer or more competitive. Bournemouth beat Liverpool, who trounced Man United 7-0. Palace always seem to get a result against Man City. We trounced Spurs who are 4th 4-1 at home. Anyone can get a result against anyone else and it’s hard to be consistent. Villa and Wolves have managers that have won the Europa League, that shows you how competitive the league is. 

Leicester have been crap compared to previous standards for at least 18 months but the gap has closed between us and teams around us too. The super league is already here and we are in it… for now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

The difference between Palace and Forest seems ridiculous. I give Palace more chance of relegation than Forest.

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Forest will be okay i reckon. They seem like they put up a good fight at home.