Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Exactly this.

the Championship is a slog and you need the right mentality- something we desperately lack at the minute. 

We can’t fool ourselves we would walk that division.

we need to stay up and rebuild.

Completely agree. 

Our mentality has been terrible when it matters for 4 years, there is absolutely nothing about the club or fanbase that suggests we'd bounce straight back.

It'd need an appointment like Pearson (not necessarily saying him although I do love him) to motivate the club and get it back on it's feet.

We are going down. Most of us know it. Some are trying to cling to the last sinking straw of optimism. The team are done. The manager is done. There is no fight, no spirit, no one to galvanise the squad. They seem as disinterested as most of us. Just numb acceptance now. The dream has died. Back to being Leicester City of old. Perhaps that’s no bad thing really. 

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

We are going down. Most of us know it. Some are trying to cling to the last sinking straw of optimism. The team are done. The manager is done. There is no fight, no spirit, no one to galvanise the squad. They seem as disinterested as most of us. Just numb acceptance now. The dream has died. Back to being Leicester City of old. Perhaps that’s no bad thing really. 

Cheer up mate, keep the faith lol

14 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Could have won if we tried harder.

Poor mentality.

Poor set up.

If not for the individual brilliance of Maddison, we had nothing. The other guy with that, Nacho, was on the bench.

I think its the missing 3 absolute sitters in the last away game that did him

• Like 1

If we stay up, who is going down? That is my problem at the moment, I don't see who is worse...

Southampton I guess would be one, but they are showing a lot of fight under new manager. Bournemouth are getting wins at home, but they'll probably beat us away lol

West Ham will stay up - I have no doubts about them. 

Leeds I thought might be in trouble, but new manager has made them difficult to beat.

Forest maybe? Look ok at home. 

Everton are safe, made sure of that after appointing Dyche. Everton fans won't love it, will get fed up I am sure, but this season, they're now safe. 

Wolves perhaps looking a bit shaky?

Still think we are down, Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton are only teams I can see us finishing above. 

6 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Why? They’re pretty shit. You see other fans say the same thing about us without any reason other than “they’re too good to go down this year”.

Any of the bottom 8 or so could very possibly go down without it being a shock.

9 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

If we stay up, who is going down? That is my problem at the moment, I don't see who is worse...

Southampton I guess would be one, but they are showing a lot of fight under new manager. Bournemouth are getting wins at home, but they'll probably beat us away lol

Leeds I thought might be in trouble, but new manager has made them difficult to beat.

Forest maybe? Look ok at home. 

Everton are safe, made sure of that after appointing Dyche. Everton fans won't love it, will get fed up I am sure, but this season, they're now safe. 

Wolves perhaps looking a bit shaky?

Still think we are down, Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton are only teams I can see us finishing above. 

i can see us finishing above all over them at times tbf, but others i cant

WHU seem to have more eyes on europe at times compared to the league

Forest's home form will be the only reason they stay up

Everton dont seem to have a striker at times, Leeds blow hot and cold too

its a rollercoaster id rather not be on if im honest

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hollism said:

Why? They’re pretty shit. You see other fans say the same thing about us without any reason other than “they’re too good to go down this year”.

Any of the bottom 8 or so could very possibly go down without it being a shock.

Only because, they’re winning games… yes it might be the Europa conference, but winning breeds confidence. I just don’t see them going down 

Guest nathan.
8 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Seen enough in second half to convince me a big unbeaten run is coming after the international break. I'm looking up the league. Top half is not out of the question.

I want what you are taking!

4 hours ago, Claridge said:

I think its the missing 3 absolute sitters in the last away game that did him

It happens to the best strikers. He has clearly been our best striker, with his assists and goals. Let’s not forget that. But you are right, knowing how Rodgers has treated Nachos, that was enough to get him back to the bench quick.

Vardy has not scored in months. Daka scored only one after so so many games. And his passing and control is no where near as good as Nachos.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1