Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

If we stay up, who is going down? That is my problem at the moment, I don't see who is worse...

Southampton I guess would be one, but they are showing a lot of fight under new manager. Bournemouth are getting wins at home, but they'll probably beat us away lol

West Ham will stay up - I have no doubts about them. 

Leeds I thought might be in trouble, but new manager has made them difficult to beat.

Forest maybe? Look ok at home. 

Everton are safe, made sure of that after appointing Dyche. Everton fans won't love it, will get fed up I am sure, but this season, they're now safe. 

Wolves perhaps looking a bit shaky?

Still think we are down, Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton are only teams I can see us finishing above. 

Palace are going down with Soton and Bournemouth 

• Like 2

we have to play 

Palace A

Bournemouth H

Wolves H

Leeds A

Everton H

West ham H

Feel we need to win 4 of these to stand any chance to stay up

the other games with a chance of picking up something are Villa and Liverpool at home

The others are not favourable to us Man City ,Fulham and Newcastle away.

I think 39 points should be enough, that's 4 wins and 2 draws realistically.

dread to go into the last game needing something, as both times when we needed something on the last day to finish 4th we bottled it.

I want Rogers out but he will not get sacked until the season is completed if at all.

So Brand Brendan needs to live up to his self hype and dig us out of this Quagmire he has walked us into.

can't bring myself to even think about next season.

Edited by Motty

1 hour ago, Motty said:

we have to play 

Palace A

Bournemouth H

Wolves H

Leeds A

Everton H

West ham H

Feel we need to win 4 of these to stand any chance to stay up

the other games with a chance of picking up something are Villa and Liverpool at home

The others are not favourable to us Man City ,Fulham and Newcastle away.

I think 39 points should be enough, that's 4 wins and 2 draws realistically.

dread to go into the last game needing something, as both times when we needed something on the last day to finish 4th we bottled it.

I want Rogers out but he will not get sacked until the season is completed if at all.

So Brand Brendan needs to live up to his self hype and dig us out of this Quagmire he has walked us into.

can't bring myself to even think about next season.

Not forgetting Villa Home 4/4 😉

15 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

These international breaks worry me, don’t we normally come back even worse (if that’s possible) after BR has had even more time to work with the team?

What worse than 1pt from 15 lol we are in an even worse position than last week well done Top!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Just looking at the table this morning. It’s not inconceivable that we stay up and the treesh@ggers go down. Nobody below Villa is safe.

If that happens, I’ll be ecstatic.

Can also be the opposite...you can see my glass is always half empty!!!🥺😂

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Just looking at who we’ve both got to play. I feel their remaining games are tougher, but we have Brendan and Soumare. 50/50 😂😂

Dont forget Amartey!!!

Wolves last four home results sum up this season. Beat Liverpool, lost to Bournemouth, beat Tottenham and lost to Leeds. Teams will take unexpected points and lose matches you wouldn't think beforehand.

Most sides will be in this for a while yet, don't see anyone going on a four/ five match winning run.

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Wolves last four home results sum up this season. Beat Liverpool, lost to Bournemouth, beat Tottenham and lost to Leeds. Teams will take unexpected points and lose matches you wouldn't think beforehand.

Most sides will be in this for a while yet, don't see anyone going on a four/ five match winning run.

True but looking at our fixture your got to think we need to pick up the majority of our points in the next 6 games.

So we need to put a run together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

I think nacho has done well to a point, but the more I see him play, I can see why Rodgers is not convinced.problem is Daka and Vardy are not convincing either

...we have an aging player that plays a certain way and we brought in another player to copy him!!!

The problem is we do not play in a way that supports them.

We moved to a formation which benefited the team (4-3-3) but seemed to turn away from that,  and it is where the current most prolific centre forward (this season) excells. 

Why we have chosen to deviate from this structure escapes me.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Apart from Man C away, we have 'winnable games'. Hopefully a better performance against Brentford will kick us into gear (similar to the Brighton draw did for a couple of games). Momentum and confidence is so important for us at the moment and let's hope we can build on yesterday. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shailen said:

Apart from Man C away, we have 'winnable games'. Hopefully a better performance against Brentford will kick us into gear (similar to the Brighton draw did for a couple of games). Momentum and confidence is so important for us at the moment and let's hope we can build on yesterday. 

I would add Liverpool (h) and Newcastle (a) to that list as well!

28 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I think we’d go straight back up in one of the two automatic promotion spots. 

Hmm, there's a lot of big clubs down there who've already adjusted or adjusting to that level and it really is a slog. 

Plus there are always sides that no one expects to be up there and we'd be coming down with two other big sides.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I think we’d go straight back up in one of the two automatic promotion spots. 

Not without improvements we wouldn't.  We would probably get beaten currently by most teams in the top 6 of the championship.  How many teams get relegated and then are stronger the following season?

If we get relegated, we are in a world of shit financially, all our semi decent players will jump ship and we will be back to pre Pearson days the moment this season finishes.