Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

These international breaks worry me, don’t we normally come back even worse (if that’s possible) after BR has had even more time to work with the team?

No, we come back better. Look at the stats.

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Just looking at the table this morning. It’s not inconceivable that we stay up and the treesh@ggers go down. Nobody below Villa is safe.

If that happens, I’ll be ecstatic.

Would genuinely mean nothing to me

Even if we stay up I’ll still be fuming we were in this position to start with

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Have you only been supporting city for the good years? We’ve had much worse seasons than this mate

Not from such a strong position to then just see the club give up, have the squad dismantled and have a season of such pathetic football we haven’t…

You can’t compare this season to the last time we were relegated from this league having come up under Adams and at least had a go!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

Not without improvements we wouldn't.  We would probably get beaten currently by most teams in the top 6 of the championship.  How many teams get relegated and then are stronger the following season?

If we get relegated, we are in a world of shit financially, all our semi decent players will jump ship and we will be back to pre Pearson days the moment this season finishes. 

I agree we would not come back up, best hope would be to do something like Burnley have done.

22 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

Just watching Sheff Utd Blackburn. Both teams are everything we aren’t. Pace drive hard running, great game, and makes me fearful for relegation. We have none of those qualities, knocked out of them by the clown in charge, without at least six new faces, preferably from the cream of the championship we will struggle next year.

Agreed, if we go down and it could easily happen, we are not coming straight back up, we would have a lot of expensive crap to clear out first and our few real quality players would be gone.

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

We’ve never fallen as fast and badly as this 

This is a Leeds level decline 

When you climb so high so fast, was it really unexpected? We live on a knife edge, everything decision taken by the club had to be right, every single time, but we got it wrong (a few times) and this is the result, but….we are not gone yet, there is some hope. :scarf:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

If, I know it's an if, but if we stay up the situation is absolutely salvageable.

I get your points on being angry about it because it's been a disgrace from the top down and I don't excuse it at all. The fact they thought they could get away with not spending, and the complete lack of correspondence with the fans has been a real eye opener to me. 

But you only have to look at Brentford and Brighton to see it's easily attainable again with good planning and strategy. Let's just hope the calculated risks are a thing of the past and we use all this as a huge wake up call.

• Like 2

Heard a rumour ( that’s all ) that if / when we get relegated that it would be good for us as a club regarding FFP , something is going on at Leicester behind the scenes ( love to know what ) as I can’t understand why Top is sticking with Rodgers as manager. My opinion is a change is needed as his tactics clearly aren’t working so we won’t be worse off if we went the rest of the season with just a caretaker manager in charge at least it’ll give us a chance of staying  up IF THIS IS WHAT WE WANT 

16 minutes ago, MattFox said:

This is the Rodgers effect mate. It’s what he does. I think we’ll stay up personally, but he needs to be moved along ASAP

Edited by phoneticerror

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We were in a very similar position to our current one when Ranieri was sacked nine months after we won the title.

Correct & we would definitely have been relegated then if Claudio had not been sacked. So it's pretty obvious what needs to happen, but it won't

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I honestly think Top will stick with Rodgers regardless of results. Even if we go down i can see him letting Brendan rebuild the side over the summer.

We’ve had this discussion before.

Rodgers is far too arrogant to want to manage a Championship club! And with all his media love, he’ll walk into another Premiership job anyway.

The image of Brendan Rodgers far outweighs the substance of Brendan Rodgers.

He epitomises modern day, image-over-substance 

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Have you only been supporting city for the good years? We’ve had much worse seasons than this mate

What’s that got to do with the original post, we should all be fuming that this squad has been so badly mismanaged that relegation is a very real threat.Nothing to do with the fact we have had worse years,that was with terrible squads and when we were not paying a fortune for a so called ‘elite manager’.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Area88 said:

No, we come back better. Look at the stats.

For the sake of consistency we’ll look at the first 5 games after Brendan gets a period of time with the players to ‘reset’ or ‘refresh’ or whatever else his followers gobble up

After the summer break:

P5, W0, D1, L4. 1 point from 15. 

After the September international break

P5, W3, D1, L1. 10 points from 15.

After the world cup

P5, W0, D1, L4. 1 point from 15.

so that’s 12 points from 15 games immediately after he spends time with the players. 9 losses in that period. 

• Like 4