Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We’ve had this discussion before.

Rodgers is far too arrogant to want to manage a Championship club! And with all his media love, he’ll walk into another Premiership job anyway.

The image of Brendan Rodgers far outweighs the substance of Brendan Rodgers.

He epitomises modern day, image-over-substance 

He'd walk away from a wedge of coin then, nobody else is going to pay him 10 mill a year 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Ian S said:

What’s that got to do with the original post, we should all be fuming that this squad has been so badly mismanaged that relegation is a very real threat.Nothing to do with the fact we have had worse years,that was with terrible squads and when we were not paying a fortune for a so called ‘elite manager’.

Spot on. It has to be pitched in context doesn’t it.

Supposedly top level manager. No signings but we didn’t sell many either.

Pretty much same group of players who have done well in the Prem.

To this…. A relegation ding-dong.

Somebody made the point yesterday @foxfanazer? that we still aren’t really being spoken about as being in the relegation equation. So many pundits are still relying on the argument that Rodgers must be too good to take any club down.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, ronnup said:

He'd walk away from a wedge of coin then, nobody else is going to pay him 10 mill a year 

Nor would we.

He won’t be ‘earning’ 10 mill as a Championship manager. It would be renegotiated or he’d be given the boot.

51 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

When you climb so high so fast, was it really unexpected? We live on a knife edge, everything decision taken by the club had to be right, every single time, but we got it wrong (a few times) and this is the result, but….we are not gone yet, there is some hope. :scarf:

Hope only works if the club makes the right decisions going forward so I guess that's the main question really, are the club making the right decisions? Hopefully we can scrape through but the evidence for it is really slim :cry:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raj said:

We know its going down to West Ham at home last game dont we?

Hope not.

A bit of a random question, but might know who you are.

Do you sit in the West Stand?

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

We’ve had this discussion before.

Rodgers is far too arrogant to want to manage a Championship club! And with all his media love, he’ll walk into another Premiership job anyway.

The image of Brendan Rodgers far outweighs the substance of Brendan Rodgers.

He epitomises modern day, image-over-substance 

If he gets sacked then of course he'll get another premier league offer on the table in the near future. 

But if Top doesn't sack him i don't see him walking away at all. He has it far too easy here.

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

This is the Rodgers effect mate. It’s what he does. I think we’ll stay up personally, but he needs to be moved along ASAP

Agree can’t go into another season with him here regardless of what league we are in

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, lee7 said:

If he gets sacked then of course he'll get another premier league offer on the table in the near future. 

But if Top doesn't sack him i don't see him walking away at all. He has it far too easy here.

I doubt it mate. I don’t think he’d want to stay and the fans wouldn’t have it either would we? I know I wouldn’t.

And finally, he’d have to take a decent pay cut to stay.

If we do go down, I think Rodgers goes (in whatever way transpires) and we will start over.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's have it straight here, staying up is not an achievement this season. However, relegation is an absolute disgrace and should never ever be excused from the position we've gotten ourselves in to.

That said, if we do stay up then annoutpuring of emotion from fans will no doubt be mistaken as celebration. 

Yep

Rodgers should be ****ing ashamed of himself even if we stay up. 

Cant wait for the lap of dishonor 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's have it straight here, staying up is not an achievement this season. However, relegation is an absolute disgrace and should never ever be excused from the position we've gotten ourselves in to.

That said, if we do stay up then annoutpuring of emotion from fans will no doubt be mistaken as celebration. 

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Yep

Rodgers should be ****ing ashamed of himself even if we stay up. 

Cant wait for the lap of dishonor 

Can you imagine what the lap of honour will be like if we stay up but it drags on until close to the end of the season. Would Rodgers even do a lap? Would Vesty and Bertrand? 

As the weeks go by the reality of this situation is really sinking in. We’re ****ed aren’t we?!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That said, if we do stay up then an outpouring of emotion from fans will no doubt be mistaken as celebration. 

He's already convinced the pundits it'll be one of his best ever acheivements. 

I don't think he fools the fans as easily.

• Like 1

Mitrovic's ban coinciding with Fulham playing all of our relegation rivals just screams that this is meant to be. Feels like everything is going against us now. 

If you haven't already I suggest you start to make peace with it now.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Mitrovic's ban coinciding with Fulham playing all of our relegation rivals just screams that this is meant to be. Feels like everything is going against us now. 

If you haven't already I suggest you start to make peace with it now.

He might be banned for their game with us... 

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

His ban will end with the game before they play us, happy to call that now. 

6 games? I wonder if they'll make an example out of him though.

Having said that, our Fulham game will be moved for the coronation, so maybe you're right in that is return game will be against us lol

On 19/03/2023 at 14:45, Col city fan said:

Spot on. It has to be pitched in context doesn’t it.

Supposedly top level manager. No signings but we didn’t sell many either.

Pretty much same group of players who have done well in the Prem.

To this…. A relegation ding-dong.

Somebody made the point yesterday @foxfanazer? that we still aren’t really being spoken about as being in the relegation equation. So many pundits are still relying on the argument that Rodgers must be too good to take any club down.

The number of players who've gone from

'stats up there with the best in the top 5 European leagues'

to 'don't have the quality, not got the right attitude in training' 

It's inexcusable. From a man who's supposed to be an incredible coach that develops players? What a crock of shite

• Like 1