Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Mitrovic's ban coinciding with Fulham playing all of our relegation rivals just screams that this is meant to be. Feels like everything is going against us now. 

If you haven't already I suggest you start to make peace with it now.

I've felt this quite a bit this season - we even time our better results in such a way that we end up never seriously addressing our issues. It reeks of a final day drop.

Priority for Leicester now must be to win at least 4 of the remaining 11 games to keep us in the league. 38 points surely must be enough

My focus has changed, I'll be celebrating if we survive 👏👏

Edited by HarryDee8

Just now, HarryDee8 said:

Priority for Leicester now must be to win at least 4 of the remaining 11 games to keep us in the league. 38 points surely must be enough

It’s incredible to think that we may not manage that …

But three games are probably a ‘write off’

that means we have to win every second game 

given what you’ve seen this season, how are you thinking that’s going to go ….

2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

My focus has changed, I'll be celebrating if we survive 👏👏

Expectations well and truly have been changed.

If we stay up, next season the expectation will be to try and get to 40 points and if we could get to the end of next season with two 17th placed finishes this season and next, I’d be delighted with that!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Expectations well and truly have been changed.

If we stay up, next season the expectation will be to try and get to 40 points and if we could get to the end of next season with two 17th placed finishes this season and next, I’d be delighted with that!

Grim yet true

• Like 1

That draw at Brentford has left it strangely hanging now. Leicester did look a bit better, but that's not saying too much with what went before. The next three virtually decide the season - three wins we'll survive, three losses we'll go down, but if we get three draws we'll be back in this strange limbo again. I don't think I've ever known a weirder season than this one.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'll be happy we're still in the Premier League, but there'll be absolutely no reason to celebrate, per se. It's been a rubbish season all being said. 

I'll celebrate a potential change of manager in summer in any case more than celebrating survival. 

Exactly how I feel Stan. I still we’ll stay up but I’ll glean more pleasure from staying up AND Rodgers leaving 

On 20/03/2023 at 09:48, FoxFossil said:

Genuinely can only see 3 more wins and a couple of draws. Relegated before WHU.

Don't want to be pedantic but I doubt if we were on 36 points going in to that last game we'd already be relegated. It will go right to the wire though I suspect. I don't see us winning 3-4 in quite succession so ut will rumble on and on.

• Like 1

Our win percentage this season is around 26% so we are likely to win around 3 games gives us 34 points.

We need to improve on are ability to be unbeat and nick points we have the fewest draws in the league at 4. Leeds, Everton and Forest all have 8.

If you were a little tougher to be we wouldn't be in this mess, 9 loses by the odd goal.

This runs of 5 or 6 loses in a row are killing us.

Edited by coolhandfox

The remaining 11 games. Got to beat Palace and Bournemouth here.  Maybe nick the Everton game

Can't see us winning the May games. It's tough to say but on current form that's not likely

Screenshot_2023-03-21-21-22-02-75_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by HarryDee8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HarryDee8 said:

The remaining 11 games. Got to beat Palace and Bournemouth here.  Maybe nick the Everton game

Screenshot_2023-03-21-21-22-02-75_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Need to win 3 of our home games against Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth, West Ham or Everton.

Whilst looking to win 1 away game out of Leeds, Fulham or Palace.

April will decide our fate in my view.

I feel like I've just come out of a weird dream; in it, we won the premier league and the FA cup, and qualified for europe on league position alone! Now I've woken up and everything is back to normal; we get relegated, we get promoted, we get relegated.........it's strangely comforting....

I think the last time I celebrated a goal - like properly celebrated a goal was against Roma at the KP. This year, even when we score there is still this fear in me that we’ll have a defensive/goalie **** up and it means any celebration is with caution. Even against Spurs I had this fear we’d **** it up until the 86/87 minute - weird feeling. 

However, If we stay up, I know I’ll bloody enjoy it. Not with the manager nor the players, they can **** off if they think they can walk around the pitch (with top pointing at himself as if he’s masterminded it). But for the club, we can’t go down. It’s massive, if we go down, I think we fall like a stone - 10 years of struggle again. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Need to win 3 of our home games against Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth, West Ham or Everton.

Yes it really is, and it's why our decision to persist with Rodgers is extremely alarming. We have absolutely no margin for error.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Liverpool and Newcastle isn’t as a good time. We need to be well clear by then. 

• Like 1

Out of interest. If we go down, how many people will give the players, manager and board a clap at the end of the game? 

I have no shame admitting if we go down I won’t be giving them a warm send off at all…

Interested to what peoples reactions might be? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Out of interest. If we go down, how many people will give the players, manager and board a clap at the end of the game? 

I have no shame admitting if we go down I won’t be giving them a warm send off at all…

brendan-rodgers-brendan.gif

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

If we stay up, I fully intend to give my opinion regardless.