Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

This is, no doubt ,the worst organised City side we have had for the past 20yrs.Having just watched the Palace game we have players with no idea what to do on the pitch.Giving fouls away outside the area is asking for trouble,trying to pull the shirt off the opposition all game will lead to trouble,and as far as the passing is concerned, its terrible.We hav e the best training facility in Europe,but its wasted on this group of players.Without doubt the manager has to go,his style of football is too defensive,I get fed up seeing the ball going backwards even when we are losing.I have supported the City for 60yrs but its getting to the point where its getting hard to watch,and I never thought I would say that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s now 10 defeats by a single goal.

We’ve not won a single league game by one goal all season.

Four draws, two of which the opposition equalised later than 85mins.

That means four points out of a possible 42 in close games this season.

All with a team that has tended to get considerably worse late in in seasons. I think even with a change of manager we struggle now.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

I think the battle is quickly turning to whether we finish bottom of the league or not. Based on form and the continued lack of fight we are looking very likely to go down. There’s been a total mismanagement of the club at all levels over the past few months -a blasé attitude and a general malaise and it’s rotten. This season we are doing the exact opposite of the great escape and we could easily go through the rest of the season without a win. Leicester 22/23 season - The Great Depression. 

• Like 2

He needs sacking. 

Some of us have seen this coming since the start of the season. 

Some people realised half way through.

Surely only the board are keeping faith in the snake oil salesman at this point? 

• Like 1

Starting Ward for the first 26 games will be the reason why we’ll be relegated this season - Iversen clearly proved that today. At least 5 goals to 1 if Ward played today.
Absolutely atrocious decision-making by Brendan, ****.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Might take years to fix Brendans four year  reign if,......when we go down.

It’s like Peter Taylor all over again.

Initially we were flying, then as he integrated his players, staff and coaching. We fell apart.  

It’s disgraceful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I'm nearly past caring about whether we are relegated or not, I just want to see my club give it a go until the end of the season, that is all. 

We are down with him. Get him gone and give it a go, that would at least get everyone behind the team. Have no idea what he’s trying to accomplish now. Would rather go fighting rather than playing this ‘everything will be ok’ game. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s like Peter Taylor all over again.

Initially we were flying, then as he integrated his players, staff and coaching. We fell apart.  

It’s disgraceful. 

Yes ironically like Brendan everybody said Peter Taylor was a elite coach and kept employing him and kept sacking him until he was found out the same will happen with Brendan its all bullshit 

19 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

That’s now 10 defeats by a single goal.

We’ve not won a single league game by one goal all season.

Four draws, two of which the opposition equalised later than 85mins.

That means four points out of a possible 42 in close games this season.

All with a team that has tended to get considerably worse late in in seasons. I think even with a change of manager we struggle now.

Good post… but I don’t think we really need stats to tell us that Rodgers’ Leicester City are serial spineless bottlers.