Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Honestly, club needs a huge reset. Might be best done in the Championship, bring through some youngsters like Braybrooke, buy in hungry players with things to prove similar to Burnley.

Oh, and Kieron McKenna as manager.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sly said:

In think a few will be in for a reality check if and when do do get relegated. 

Half this squad will be gone. That league is a dog fight and the complete opposite of what we are mentality wise. 

Financially we’ll be semi ruined. We’ve taken loans against future TV monies. That’s any form of parachute payments gone. 

Some of the more recent signings will have relegation reductions within the contracts. However we’ll be stuck with the likes of Vardy, Albrighton, Vestergaard etc, as they’ll sit out the last 12 months. 

The stadium expansion will most likely be shelved or not required. We’re not finding that with a massive drop off in revenue. 

Massive drop off in TV exposure and financial income. Maybe we could con the likes of Netflix into giving us a series, as we’ll still have an air of “fallen giants”.

Also if we don’t sack Rodgers, unless he walks, we’ll have the most expensive coach the Championship will have ever had. 

We’re bloated with back room staff that will be overkill as we’ll need to trim the squad, a failing women’s project and a board of Directors that have overseen a company crash and burn, akin to what Nero oversaw as Rome burned. 

The fans care, I’m not sure the players do, as they’ll move on. At what point does Top cash out? Have the wranglings within King Power been resolved? 

It’s also a bloody good job we settled our FFP matters with the Football League, as that would have been another anchor around our neck. 

We’ll be middle table for seasons in the Championship. We are in that much of a mess. 

We need to stay up and steady the ship whilst we have a more significant revenue stream.  

I think we'll lose almost every player, except for Ward, Vestergaard, Luke Thomas and Vards. 

It's the stuff of absolute nightmares, far worse than any previous relegation 

When we come to play Villa at home in the week then we'll be three points richer/one win better off at this stage than during the Great Escape season under Pearson!! Christ alive! Have this team got it in them to win 7 from the next 9 - I don't think so! 

4 hours ago, ronnup said:

Were objectively the worst team in the league now I think...its hard to see us winning a single game let alone half of the remaining games

I put out a poll a few games back, asking if people think we will win another game this season. For me now it's a certainty that we won't with that tw4t in charge. 

I don't think we'll even be in the fight to stay up. The use of the word fight is key. The other sides seem to have it, we have absolutely none. Look at Bournemouth, they don't have that many top players but they work so hard and they fight. We've got nothing.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I can scarcely believe that this is now the likely outcome.  

With the talent and experience we have in this squad we should NOT be in the conversation, let alone be favourites for the drop.  Not in a million years.

Tell you what, I know as a fanbase we are completely bollockless but we better not start the emotional applauding at 85 minutes like we did in 2002 when we knew we were relegated.  We were always favourites for the drop that season.  This is almost the same team that finished 5th 2 seasons ago.

The team, management and ownership deserve the most venomous anger they'll ever receive on a football pitch if we do drop.

West Ham at home coiuld well be the game it happens....on the final day too....

5 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I don't think we'll even be in the fight to stay up. The use of the word fight is key. The other sides seem to have it, we have absolutely none. Look at Bournemouth, they don't have that many top players but they work so hard and they fight. We've got nothing.

Our players have gone soft. They were beaten to the ball all game yesterday. They were brushed away by crystal palace players like a feather. Seagrave has made them all soft. It's like a luxury spa. I would for the rest of the season send them back to Belvoir drive. Tell them to train in the most horrible conditions. Toughen them up a little bit. Oh and also sack that deluded cesspit. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Yep, and therein lies the reason we are going down, very probably as the team that finishes bottom, because everyone else down there is fighting tooth and nail to stay up, while our joke of a manager, our head in the sand board of directors, and our "well I'm alright, I won't be here next season anyway" players, think that we are too good to go down, we have too much quality, and don't have to roll their sleeves up and fight! If I'm honest I don't think they have the bollocks to fight, most of them don't care.

• Like 2

I know it's unlikely, but humour me, and just imagine for a moment that we did stay up.

With all the players out of contract that will be moving on, and with us unlikely to have money to spend again, and with the "quality" of what will be left, surely it would only be a stay of execution for another year. If it's possible, next year would be even worse. For the first time in a long while, the teams coming up would be stronger.

It's probably more humane to put us to sleep this season, rather than watch the poor thing suffering in pain.

• Like 1

This delusion that we have too much 'quality' was fully laid bare yesterday. The CBs are a massive downgrade on what we've had in recent seasons. Without Tielemans our CM is simply incapable of controlling possession and making progressive passes. And our wingers are unable to beat their man and create chances. As for our strikers, they continually lose possession due to an inability to control and hold the ball up. Even Maddison looks lost out there. I wasn't really sure where he was playing today. Most of the time he was way too deep in picking up the ball. 

This clusterf*** is all overseen by a manager who doesn't want to be here and is deluded enough to think we can play out from the back and through midfield with the current personnel. 

And to top everything off, the fans don't get behind the team or make their feelings known enough to force some action by the board. The KP atmosphere is just totally flat apart from the inevitable sight of celebrating away supporters. 

Hard to believe that we've got to this point less than 2 years after winning the FA Cup and just missing out on CL qualification for the second year running. It's so Leicester....

• Like 2