Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

At least tickets will be more readily available.

There's some cracking away days in the Championship. 

We'll actually clear out a lot of the dead wood.

Just a shame you end up paying more for those cracking aways.

• Like 2

Lost as many games as the Micky Adams team circa 2003/2004 :( we are going down lads just accept it, it’s hard to write this.

I wish Top and the board could f**king wake up and sack Rodgers but they seem so lackadaisical to our reality and predicament.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2023 at 18:02, reynard said:

What do you need to do to stay up?

keep some clean sheets:  Not very good at that.

have some shots on target:  No not at all recently

Score some goals:  Not very good at that lately either.

have a manager with a plan B when things don't work:  No can't tick that box either.

At least have a team full of fighters and players who don't buckle at the first bad moment:  No we can't  tick that box either.

Can't see us getting 35 points in all honesty.

Yes exactly. You just feel everything is pointless the moment. Even if there are some good saves and good blocks or heaven forbid we actually score a goal, you always think we're going to lose in the final reckoning anyway.

Maybe its my age but i don't fear relegation.  I never dreamt we could win the Premier League, never thought we'd ever win the F.A cup.

If someone had offered that to me 10 years ago followed by relegation i'd've snapped their hands off.

I know we all want Leicester to be battling for Europen every season but its just highly unlikely we'll ever be that club.  Years of mid to lower league finishes doesnt excite me.  There's part of me that would prefer battling for play offs/promotion in the championship.  I understand thats not a given and we could find ourselves in midtable obsecurity in the Championship.

And maybe if we were in the Championship the club will become a little more open to the fans and stop trying destroy any remainder of football culture we have left.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 10:41, Leicester_Loyal said:

If we get 7 points from 9 I'll come back and hold my hands up but I don't think it's happening. We need a minimum of 5 from these 3 games, anything less and we're in big trouble.

As I said yesterday, those thinking we’re getting 7 from Palace, Villa and Bournemouth are in cuckoo land. We’ll be lucky to manage 4 now. 

Too many have given this owner, the board and the manager an easy ride, now it’s biting us on the arse. 

Excuses are already being formed, hasn’t been backed, injuries, world cup disrupted us, etc. All total rubbish, we’re crap and we have been for 18 months, those that can’t see that, well there’s no helping. 

Be funny to see the club some crawling back trying to get the fans back onside when we’re in the Championship though, won’t be anymore ID checks lol

40 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Maybe its my age but i don't fear relegation.  I never dreamt we could win the Premier League, never thought we'd ever win the F.A cup.

If someone had offered that to me 10 years ago followed by relegation i'd've snapped their hands off.

I know we all want Leicester to be battling for Europen every season but its just highly unlikely we'll ever be that club.  Years of mid to lower league finishes doesnt excite me.  There's part of me that would prefer battling for play offs/promotion in the championship.  I understand thats not a given and we could find ourselves in midtable obsecurity in the Championship.

And maybe if we were in the Championship the club will become a little more open to the fans and stop trying destroy any remainder of football culture we have left.

I can agree with your sentiment of accepting the PL win and FA Cup followed by relegation ten years ago but I don't feel like that now.

Every big club started out as a smaller club some time in its history.  We have had the opportunity for our club to be transformed from a club perpetually at the foot of the top division or near the top of the division below into a bigger club that was secure in its place in the top league and was building for a brighter future.  Relegation could seriously derail that opportunity and so it's a sickening prospect to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

The problem we have is we can’t afford to be relegated. Unthinkable things could happen if we get relegated…. The sheer size of the project needed to get us even a stable championship side is far too much for this club to handle. 

We won’t be able to afford the to fund the stadium extension.

We won’t be able to sustain the training ground.

We probably won’t be able to support the female team either.

We would have to sell most of the players and completely start afresh….

The club has been operating beyond its means, and thanks to not everyone singing from the same hymn sheet it’s left us in an extremely vulnerable position.

I get what you’re saying, but going down could start a slippery slope to obscurity. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Thoughts now? For me it's too late but I now think we have a one percent chance of staying up. See how we do next two games I guess. 

I honestly don’t know. I’m not convinced there will be a bounce and that’s what we need. I’m assuming they haven’t been in today so I guess that leaves one day of training before the Villa game. 

I’ve seen a lot of get into them, just go at them today. I’ve seen very little in the players which suggests they are up for a fight. I watched Villa at Chelsea yesterday and I think they could just cut us apart if we get it wrong.

I would have a little more confidence if it was Bournemouth first and then Villa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1