Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

15 hours ago, Fightforever said:

The issue is I don't think we can.

Evans since after his hamstring injury has been a shadow of his former self.

Amartey is just as bad.

Castange is decent on the attack but defensively he is terrible too.

Not to mention we lost Schmeichel and replaced him with a bang average Keeper.

The only way we can fix our defence is if we buy some new players.

Our defence when Fofana was out last season was the worst since they started collecting data based xGA. And that was when we had Schmeichel.

Clearly these issues have been around for a while now.

Our defenders are simply not good enough at defending. Although Rodgers has been shit I don't think he can really do much about this.

Fvcking hell. That’s absolutely shocking.

• Sad 2

Guest itude
5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Not remotely worried about relegation.... yet. 

We've got far too much quality in the first team, even without any incoming transfers. Painfully obvious that a change of approach is going to be needed to kick them into gear though.

And where is that "change of approach " coming from then ?

13 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

For me if Rodgers stays it will be a relegation battle.

If he goes then i think anywhere between 10th and 14th and comfortably clear of the bottom 3. But he has to go within a month for the above to be achievable.

I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree. Rodgers style of play with lesser quality players in key areas doesn't bode well.

1 minute ago, itude said:

And where is that "change of approach " coming from then ?

Sacking Rodgers is the only option now, for me- he's had ample opportunity to change things up but we're left with the same issues which started to appear 2 years ago.

Guest itude
13 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

If he goes then i think anywhere between 10th and 14th and comfortably clear of the bottom 3. But he has to go within a month for the above to be achievable.

I agree, I think we have to give the next manager enough time to sort this mess out. Sadly I see no signs of that happening at the moment, does anyone else ?

Too many Rodgers apologists still dreaming he has the ability to turn this around.

I'm veteran of relegation. 81, 95, 2001 we were not good enough. 87 was a slow decline after years of deterioration. 

The closest we have to now is perhaps 2004, and we should've stayed up that year but multiple late capitulations destroyed us. I'd be surprised if this team emulated the 2004 faults for an entire season 

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Sacking Rodgers is the only option now, for me- he's had ample opportunity to change things up but we're left with the same issues which started to appear 2 years ago.

Fair enough, that I agree with. He is not showing any signs of being capable of changing things, it's not his nature it seems

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm veteran of relegation. 81, 95, 2001 we were not good enough. 87 was a slow decline after years of deterioration. 

The closest we have to now is perhaps 2004, and we should've stayed up that year but multiple late capitulations destroyed us. I'd be surprised if this team emulated the 2004 faults for an entire season 

I compare it to 01/02 We have Walker Muzzy Savage Tag’s and Elliott we’ll be fine.

39 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Missing the point. I’m saying we have a lot more reason to be optimistic about avoiding relegation than they do. 

Pretty much every player that has played under and spoken about Rodgers has said his man management is great

No doubt we’ve struggled, just think over the course of this season it will change. 

This is just a media myth. Like many others. There are plenty of stories out there of him ignoring players and having issues with him. 

Traits which have followed him here.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/10/journalist-reveals-extent-of-fsgs-anger-at-brendan-rodgers-at-end-of-liverpool-reign/amp/

issues with the Liverpool board - where he says one thing to the media and another to the board.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/liverpool-s-alberto-moreno-reveals-rage-and-anger-after-brendan-rodgers-snub_sto4971101/story-amp.shtml

issues with Alberto Moreno

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-players-frustrated-brendan-rodgers-4677715.amp

issues of favouritism with the Liverpool squad.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/news/sterling-angry-with-brendan-rodgers_232639.html

Sterling had issues

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andy-carroll-brendan-rodgers-was-messing-me-about-i-was-angry-2srkmxc02wq

Andy Carroll

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11787/11649266/moussa-dembele-says-i-told-you-after-brendan-rodgers-switches-celtic-for-leicester

Moussa Dembele - again on truthfulness of his boss. 

What comes out Brendan’s mouth has to be taken with a pinch of salt and footballers just like anyone else are able to spot bullshit.

• Like 1

Guest itude

Yes, his personality flaws appears to be consistent, and set. We can see them clearly, he is not the type of person we need at the moment.

We are in a situation where the club are giving rogers time to turn things around with the players he has. No magic wand to buy fresh players like he wanted. They may come if he sells.

however has Rogers been in this situation before at any of his previous clubs? Maybe Swansea? If not than we will see if he has the stomach for the fight. Performances in the next few games will be critical.

we really should not be down at the bottom! No way Jose. Like others have said we’ve slowly sleep walked ourselves into this. The moment we wake up out of this nightmare is the moment we will get back on track. West ham are in the same situation. 

these are not good times I know but they could get worse yes of course But they could get better too. Please keep the faith folks. We can’t lose our shi! So soon. It’s a long season. Look at arsenal last season?

if there’s any hope we can do what they did no doubt. No matter what FOXES NEVER QUIT!

42 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

I think he gets till the international break then he’s gone if we don’t have a couple of wins by then. With a new manager we’ll finish top 10

• Like 1

Most teams that go down will struggle to score goals. Leicester have plenty of goals in the squad. It's the defending that is killing us. New coach , new ideas and a bit more organising at the back should sort this out. I'm optimistic that we ll stay up

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Also the players aswell, how many our top players will leave if we are playing in the championship 😥

Yes, can't see Madders or Justin staying to start with

Guest itude

Of course Barnes and Ndidi might not be too happy either.Not that either seems to be the same players they were a couple of seasons ago.

Guest itude

To those of us who can see this situation realistically, it is both frustrating, and depressing.

After the FA Cup win ,we were in a great position to move forward. Instead we have gradually moved backwards, in so many areas.

Bad transfers, poor tactics, playing players in ways that do not emphasize their strengths, same mistakes being made over and over again, alleged financial troubles and so on and on.

What makes it worse is that we can see it ( well apart from the dreamers),and yet I see no signs of any urgency to sort it out, any signs at all in fact.

If the club and Rodgers are in a Mexican stand off, that just compounds it.

Edited by itude

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Missing the point. I’m saying we have a lot more reason to be optimistic about avoiding relegation than they do. 

Pretty much every player that has played under and spoken about Rodgers has said his man management is great. 

No doubt we’ve struggled, just think over the course of this season it will change. 

Unsubstantiated rubbish. Granted, i've heard lots say 'good coach' but praise around man management is very thin on the ground. Your spin is as bad as his.